ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Albert Hall, London - October 13, 2004
Thanks Moy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: what does your nick mean? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
October 4th, 2004 08:26 AM
F505 There are many nicks I still don't understand. OK the stones songs related nicks are obvious. But for example: soldatti (?), JB (Josh but where doe the B stands for?), Gazza (?), mister Hess (I only know a Hess from my history books), The Juf (juf = dutch for teacher), M.O.W.A.T (?), Egon (?) and so on und so weiter....
[Edited by F505]
October 4th, 2004 08:32 AM
Gazza my first name is Gary. 'Gazza' or 'Gaz'is simply a standard nickname throughout the UK for anyone whose name would begin with 'Ga' - same with Barry, which often would get 'Baz', etc..

Contrary to what some people have thought, its got nothing to do with the ex-England football star Paul Gascoigne, who also has the same nickname.
October 4th, 2004 08:58 AM
FotiniD Well, Fotini is my name Means "luminous, bright" in Greek. "D" is the first letter of my surname and I got no idea why I included it in the nick
October 4th, 2004 09:03 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The full nickname is Voodoo Chile in Wonderland, I just want to add that Chile = Child and does NOT mean chilli :cool as some (just a few have thought)

October 4th, 2004 09:10 AM
egon It's my name; Egon Van de Vrugt
you pronounce it as ekon ("soft" k)

It's not even dutch (but german & swedish) and quite rare in holland (i've never met anyone with the same name).

And there you have it!
October 4th, 2004 09:14 AM
caro "caro" is the name of Mick's illegitimate child from Mariah Carey.
October 4th, 2004 09:34 AM
M.O.W.A.T. M.O.W.A.T. = Man Of Wealth And Taste (line from Sympathy for The Devil -- my favourite Stones song). I go by the same nickname at Shidoobee but I shortened it here because it's just too damn long to type in when I have to log on!
[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]
October 4th, 2004 09:54 AM
Moonisup
quote:
F505 wrote:
JB (Josh but where doe the B stands for?), [Edited by F505]

the b?
Bollocks, bullshit

moon is up = stones song, and a lack of inspiration to find a more exiting nick
October 4th, 2004 10:58 AM
telecaster telecaster is a guitar indiginous to a rock band called the Rolling Stones

joey is a female kangaroo
October 4th, 2004 11:05 AM
voodoopug Voodoo: obviously after voodoo lounge
Pug: see my avatar for an example (I have two of them!)

The Voodoo Pugs is also the name of my Rolling Stones tribute band, www.geocities.com/thevoodoopugs
October 4th, 2004 11:16 AM
jb As indicated the "J" stands for Josh and the "B" is in honor of my late father who died of a massive heart attack at age 41.....By the way, I shall be 42 next week!!!!
October 4th, 2004 11:19 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
... "B" is in honor of my late father who died of a massive heart attack at age 41.....By the way, I shall be 42 next week!!!!

You make Joey nervous ..........................

J

October 4th, 2004 11:20 AM
parmeda I like to keep things simple.

"parmeda"...this would be me
October 4th, 2004 11:21 AM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:
telecaster is a guitar indiginous to a rock band called the Rolling Stones

joey is a female kangaroo

" Joey " is the name my parents gave to my very first stool ( circa 1964 )

Thus , the name Joey = Shit !!!!!!!!!!

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Stinky J . !
October 4th, 2004 11:28 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
It's my name; Egon Van de Vrugt
you pronounce it as ekon ("soft" k)

It's not even dutch (but german & swedish) and quite rare in holland (i've never met anyone with the same name).

And there you have it!

Egon ......................." Jaggerbombs " ?!?!?!

Hello Dutch Rik !

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJAZZY !
October 4th, 2004 11:56 AM
tumbled tumbled as in tumbled like from a rock tumbler, I feel I am tumbled to a beautiful sheen and spectactular gem-like consistency due to exposre to this music. and I have had to tumble in many cases like a rolling stone but I won't go into that long drawn out story here.
October 4th, 2004 12:11 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Joey wrote:

Egon ......................." Jaggerbombs " ?!?!?!

Hello Dutch Rik !

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJAZZY !

hello Young Joey
October 4th, 2004 12:12 PM
Jumacfly Ju= Julien
Mac fly: my pals are called like that!!

i ve always wandered what do the nick "mickjaggersgrl" mean...
October 4th, 2004 12:15 PM
magicwoman it means nothing i dont have magical powers (i wish)
but i have my name from the song "blacg magicwoman"from fleedwood mac not that i liked the song.But i just liked the name magicwoman
October 4th, 2004 12:38 PM
Lazy Bones Lyric from 100 Years Ago - "...call me lazy bones." I wanted something associated with Goats Head Soup as that album was released the year I was born - 1973.
October 4th, 2004 12:45 PM
stewed & Keefed "Stewed and Keefed" Stones instrumental aka Brian's Blues.
October 4th, 2004 12:52 PM
jb Sir Stonesalot......
October 4th, 2004 01:03 PM
mac_daddy macdaddy is a nickname i have had since my early teens - long before there was NWA or Snoop Doggy Dog. I have an Irish surname (Mc*) and so "mac" is a natural nickname... "macdaddy" is an extension from that. i would say that 98% of the time, i am called "mac" by everyone. the only two people alive who always use my Christian name are my wife and my mother...
October 4th, 2004 01:14 PM
Factory Girl Factory Girl is from one of my favorite Stones' songs-a little country song, which is a lovely sentiment.

Plus, it suits me -I get drunk on Friday night and I wear scarves insted of hats...lol
October 4th, 2004 01:16 PM
jb Sammy Davis jr.
October 4th, 2004 01:17 PM
Bloozehound With some 2500 members when I joined I didn't want to conflict with someone elses Stones handle. I got tired of lurking, and just picked something. At first I was gonna use boozehound, but decided to kick it up a notch and used bloozehound so it was music related, even though my musical interests/knowledge run way beyond the realm of the blooze

October 4th, 2004 01:28 PM
jb Lucads4
October 4th, 2004 01:50 PM
jb Don't touch my monkey!
October 4th, 2004 02:15 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
egon wrote:

I had a guy named Egon in my class in Highschool for a few years

My first name is Angelique and friends started to call me Angie when I was 15 because of my Stones-craze. It stayed on. Registering as Angie however is difficult, coz it's almost always taken already (even on non-stones websites). Dunno why I added the 'girl' though .
October 4th, 2004 02:16 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Sir Stonesalot......

Personally , I wish S.S. would post a whole lot more .......................and you ?!?!

Developing .................................like a rash .

Burscee !
Page: 1 2 3 4 5