ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Albert Hall, London - October 13, 2004
Thanks Moy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Lenny Kravitz on Mick Jagger Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 1st, 2004 08:34 AM
CS Lenny Says

Lenny Kravitz was raised by, married to, and has dated stars. So, naturally, he thinks stardom sucks.

Maxim, October 2004

By David Peisner

There�s a song on your new album called �I Don�t Want to Be a Star.� Do you expect us to believe that?
The song is tongue in cheek. Yeah, there are times I wish I could walk down the street or go to a caf� or a museum�any common thing a person can do�but I can�t be anonymous. So it was written on a day like that when I was like, �Man, I�d love to go take a walk, but it�s going to create a scene.�

In the same song, you sing about partying with Mick Jagger and Bob Dylan, so there are obviously a few perks as well.
Well, I wouldn�t change a thing I�ve done. But I just take those guys as people. I mean, I have total respect for Mick Jagger�all the hits and records and groundbreaking music he�s made. But I grew up on the lap of Duke Ellington, hanging out with Miles Davis and all these folks. I was a child around these people, so I don�t trip out. People are people.

Isn�t it true that you live next door to Courtney Love in New York City?
We live in the same building.

Is she a good neighbor?
I don�t know. I�m not there very much. I see her naked in the elevator every now and then.

Trust us, that makes her a good neighbor.
[laughs] Yeah, it does.
October 1st, 2004 09:08 AM
Factory Girl Lenny has been reduced to peddling his music through Target and Gap commercials. I think his 15 minutes are over...

Btw, he was married to Lisa Bonet.
October 1st, 2004 09:19 AM
UGot2Rollme I'm kind of tired of Lenny K and his ego. I also think he makes a big mistake by playing all instruments on his albums - his drumming is particularly weak.
October 1st, 2004 09:28 AM
Factory Girl He probably can't afford to pay session musicians because his cds don't sell.
October 1st, 2004 01:24 PM
jb What happened to his female drummer? She was quite good and sexy...I agree his 5 minutes should have ended about a decade ago...total sell-out who is more of a fashion statement than musician..Mick, in his attempt to leep hip, seems to hang out with this midget...very sad.
October 1st, 2004 01:38 PM
Factory Girl leep hip???? WTF??? (to quote Petesy Joey)
October 1st, 2004 01:41 PM
Bloozehound I believe Lenny's father is some bigwig music producer. End of story.

Wasn't his mom Weeeeeaazy from the Jeffersons ?
October 1st, 2004 01:44 PM
jb
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
I believe Lenny's father is some bigwig music producer. End of story.

Wasn't his mom Weeeeeaazy from the Jeffersons ?

His mom was on the Jeffersons -she was no weazy!!!
October 1st, 2004 01:49 PM
F505 Lenny is a fake rock star like Dave Stewart and Michael Jackson. It's a pity Jagger worked with those figures...
October 1st, 2004 01:50 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
jb wrote:
His mom was on the Jeffersons -she was no weazy!!!

Weeeeeazy!
October 1st, 2004 01:50 PM
Factory Girl Lenny's daddy was the caucasian producer on the Jeffersons.
October 1st, 2004 01:52 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
Lenny is a fake rock star like Dave Stewart and Michael Jackson. It's a pity Jagger worked with those figures...

Totally agree with you F505..but sadly, Mick has been a fake rock star for the last decade as well...
October 1st, 2004 01:54 PM
Moonisup
quote:
F505 wrote:
Lenny is a fake rock star like Dave Stewart and Michael Jackson. It's a pity Jagger worked with those figures...

is mick fake too??
October 1st, 2004 01:57 PM
jb
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

is mick fake too??

Hi Rik!!! My list of enemies now includes SS, Bill Perks, Lucads4, and surprisngly, Jumacfly....
October 1st, 2004 02:02 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Lenny's daddy was the caucasian producer on the Jeffersons.

ok, but he's still an entertainment industry Producer dad, and has more leverage than any non-entertainment industry Producer dad.

October 1st, 2004 02:06 PM
Monkey Woman Josh, what do you want a list of ennemies for? Don't you have enough already?

*scratching head in deep puzzlement*

If SS & Ju are on the list, it must be an honour anyway!
October 1st, 2004 02:07 PM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
Hi Rik!!! My list of enemies now includes SS, Bill Perks, Lucads4, and surprisngly, Jumacfly....

that's your list, not mine!
and that thing with JU, that's your fault!
October 1st, 2004 02:07 PM
jb
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

ok, but he's still an entertainment industry Producer dad, and has more leverage than any non-entertainment industry Producer dad.

His late mother played the lady married to the white guy on the Jeffersons..his late father was in the industry as they say....I like a couple of his songs, but like Bono, he self-proclaimed greatness and ego make him very dislikeable...
October 1st, 2004 02:24 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
jb wrote:
His late mother played the lady married to the white guy on the Jeffersons..his late father was in the industry as they say....I like a couple of his songs, but like Bono, he self-proclaimed greatness and ego make him very dislikeable...

I've heard Lenny's stuff over the years, and could never understand why he received the kudos and attention that he gets, and it never seems to cease

October 1st, 2004 02:29 PM
Factory Girl I don't think we can compare Bono to Lenny. I'm not a fan of U2, but at least Bono has talent.
October 1st, 2004 02:38 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I don't think we can compare Bono to Lenny. I'm not a fan of U2, but at least Bono has talent.

U2 has done a hell of alot more in their days than Kravitz ever has, or will IMO

the short end of the stick is that Kravitz is popular only because his mom was Weeeeazy RIP
October 1st, 2004 02:42 PM
Factory Girl Lenny's mom was Helen, not Weezy.
October 1st, 2004 02:44 PM
jb
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Lenny's mom was Helen, not Weezy.

Roxy Roper.....rip..same for Isabel Sanford a/k/a weazzy..rip..
October 1st, 2004 02:46 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Lenny's mom was Helen, not Weezy.

she was a Zebra

October 1st, 2004 02:48 PM
F505 'Yeah, there are times I wish I could walk down the street or go to a caf� or a museum�any common thing a person can do�but I can�t be anonymous.'

The funny thing is Kravitz walked once in the city town of Utrecht (Holland) and no one recognised him although he has the size of a midget. Maybe in the States he is a big star...
October 1st, 2004 02:50 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
F505 wrote:
'Maybe in the States he is a big star...

no he's a zebra
October 1st, 2004 02:55 PM
F505
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

no he's a zebra

[Edited by F505]
October 1st, 2004 02:58 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

no he's a zebra

What a class act you are, Bloozehound!

LJ.
October 1st, 2004 09:50 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
He probably can't afford to pay session musicians because his cds don't sell.

true...
October 1st, 2004 09:51 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
no he's a zebra

Page: 1 2