ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA-6th October 2005
© Marisa Roman, Daily Progress and Richmond Times Dispatch with thanks to moy and Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Andrew Loog Aldham books on his life & The Stones. Return to archive
5th October 2007 02:17 PM
guitarman53 A real interesting read for people interested on the early history of The Stones, "Stoned" is the book & it's from their first manager, & the guy who shaped them into headlines by the press, The Beatles were a bunch of thugs (they come from working class backgrounds) The Stones were a bunch of guys from middle class backgrounds who were nice guys made into the image The Beatles were before Brian Epstein cleaned them up to be nice guys, so who really were the bad boys?
Andrew Loog Oldham also said that if The Beatles & The Rolling Stones were put in a boxing ring, The Beatles would always come out as the winners.
5th October 2007 05:16 PM
stonedinaustralia Gman 2stoned is even better as it covers the glory days

bits and pieces of information you would not have read anywhere else before (which, of course, are hard to find trhese days)and some almost musical turns of phrase

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
5th October 2007 05:35 PM
guitarman53
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
Gman 2stoned is even better as it covers the glory days

bits and pieces of information you would not have read anywhere else before (which, of course, are hard to find trhese days)and some almost musical turns of phrase
That's the next book I'm going read, "Stoned" just goes up to '64 really, but I'm looking forward to "2Stoned"

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]

6th October 2007 04:56 AM
BONOISLOVE I just love to read.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)