ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA-6th October 2005
© Marisa Roman, Daily Progress and Richmond Times Dispatch with thanks to moy and Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Shower-singing Jagger could have been ballet star Return to archive
2nd October 2007 09:37 AM
moy Shower-singing Jagger could have been ballet star
1 hour ago

LONDON (AFP) — Rolling Stones star Mick Jagger could have been a ballet dancer or campaigned against African poverty in another life, he says in a new interview -- while revealing a penchant for singing in the shower.

But the 64-year-old, who also admitted a love for Inspector Clouseau films, voiced satisfaction at his long rock and roll career and insisted that the Stones have no plans to hang up their instruments yet.

"I've just finished two years on the road and I'm having a bit of a rest," Jagger said, but added: "I'm sure the Rolling Stones will do more things and more records and more tours and we've got no plans to stop any of that really."

The Stones, who played their first gig back in 1962, have just completed their mammoth A Bigger Bang tour, this time a two-year trip round the world ending in London in August.

Jagger, answering questions from the public put to him in a BBC interview, insisted he his private life is very normal when not on tour.

"Same as everyone else really. Get up as late as possible, have breakfast as late as possible, do a tiny bit in the gym, go out for a walk, read a book ..Go and have lunch with the kids. Go out dancing. That's it really."

Dancing is clearly a passion for the Stones frontman, famous for his wild onstage gyrations. One viewer asks for tips for how to perk up her ageing father, who is always tired after a 48 hour week.

"That's a long week. He should move to France. Work less. He should work maybe 30 hours and then get out more and go dancing with his daughter. You should teach him. That would do it," said Jagger.

Asked what he would be if not a rock star, another kind of dancing comes to mind. "Maybe I would be doing something like that. Or I'd be in Africa trying to help a beleaguered economy. Who knows?

"Or probably an ex-ballet dancer with bad knees."

Other ways of relaxing include watching Peter Sellers as French detective Clouseau in the Pink Panther movies "You see those late at night when they re-show them. That can be really funny and that can be a real belly laugh."

Singing is another way to let off steam -- including in the shower.

"The thing about shower songs is you never quite know what's going to pop in. It could be something you've just heard on the radio or it could be something from years ago ... but not usually my own," he says.
2nd October 2007 09:48 AM
Factory Girl I've read that MJ had a bit of a crush on Rudolph Nureyev, the famous Russian ballet dancer.
2nd October 2007 10:04 AM
glencar Didn't some book claim they'd had sex?
2nd October 2007 10:54 AM
Factory Girl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Didn't some book claim they'd had sex?

yes.
2nd October 2007 07:07 PM
JaggerLips Can see him as a ballett dancer actually.
If I was a dancer ...
2nd October 2007 08:22 PM
gypsy I can't see Mick in a leotard...ever see that guy's satchel? It's huge. I've got some pics from Performance. Mick's satchel is HUGE. It's something you can't NOT notice, y'know?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)