ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA-6th October 2005
© Marisa Roman, Daily Progress and Richmond Times Dispatch with thanks to moy and Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Global Warming vs Global Cooling Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
1st October 2007 01:47 PM
steel driving hammer http://www.businessandmedia.org/specialreports/2006/fireandice/fireandice.asp
1st October 2007 01:51 PM
pdog I won't even debate this topic anymore with people who beleive the earth is ten thousand years old, deny scientifuc researh claiming a cell is killing a baby or still dig their feet in the ground thinking having Americans walk around Baghdad as targets is a good idea.
The only thing not debatable, is the word global, and humans don't think as one, so fuck us, bring on the apes or cockraoches or just turn this rock, well, into a rock!
1st October 2007 01:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Ultimate Rock n Roll Town
San Francisco Vs London.

I vote SF. Not that London isn't a really great party town but San Francisco was born in a party and it will probably die in one.
1st October 2007 02:03 PM
pdog
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Ultimate Rock n Roll Town
San Francisco Vs London.

I vote SF. Not that London isn't a really great party town but San Francisco was born in a party and it will probably die in one.

This town partied this weekend, some techno hippie thing called Love Fest and it rolled right into Folsome St. Fair Sunday... Almost as big as Pride Weekend.
1st October 2007 02:21 PM
jostorm My stepdaughter just got a scholarship to do a 5 year PhD at Stanford, so we'll be in SF sometime next summer.
TTM and pdog: it better be true(about the partying........)

PS: Are there any set festivals over the period of July to September time???
PPS:Would it be premature to call a chiba alert right now???
1st October 2007 02:39 PM
pdog
quote:
jostorm wrote:
My stepdaughter just got a scholarship to do a 5 year PhD at Stanford, so we'll be in SF sometime next summer.
TTM and pdog: it better be true(about the partying........)

PS: Are there any set festivals over the period of July to September time???

There's something every weekend during the summer from the begining of June all the way til the first weekend of October. And it's all as varied and diverse as SF itself. Being here for the 4th is cool. This week is Feet Week and it all ends with Castro St. Fair this weekend. There's two North Beach Fairs, Haight St. Fair and Pride week in June. You've got Filmore St. Fair, Cherry Blossom Festival, Union St. Fair, Harrison and Dore Alley Fairs, plus just the great atmosphere of SF... And you've got Moterey, Napa Valley, Yoesemite and Tahoe all within a few hours drive.
1st October 2007 02:45 PM
jostorm thanks for that, pdog!
1st October 2007 02:48 PM
pdog and there's always the off chance a band you like might be playing here, and the restaurants are great.... The problem isn't finding something to do, it's balancing the time... planning ahead is def. important and having a bit of spontaneity too.
1st October 2007 02:58 PM
jostorm If it's ok I'll ask you again next spring, when the time's nearer for booking flights. Thanks for all that,pdog, now I'm really looking forward to it...
1st October 2007 02:58 PM
Riffhard The earth is getting warmer. Fact. We have nothing to do with it. Fact. The sun is in the most active state for solar flares that it has been for decades now. Fact. The earth's average temperature was warmer in the 1400s. Fact. The summer of 1936 was the hottest summer on record. Fact.

Next question.

Cow flatulence releases more carbon dioxide into the environment than all the SUVs on the planet combined. Fact.

So I say lay the blame where it rightfully belongs. The sun and the cows!

Riffy
1st October 2007 03:01 PM
jostorm A cork for every cow, I say!
1st October 2007 03:03 PM
monkey_man
quote:
jostorm wrote:

You can be very well taken care of when you come, just remind us SFers before you come.
MM

[Edited by monkey_man]
1st October 2007 03:09 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
The earth's average temperature was warmer in the 1400s. Fact. Riffy

Interesting, seeing as how the mercury and alcohol thermometers weren't invented until 1714.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

[Edited by monkey_man]
1st October 2007 03:11 PM
glencar
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Ultimate Rock n Roll Town
San Francisco Vs London.

Have you been to either? Didn't think so.
1st October 2007 03:11 PM
jostorm Many thanks, I'll bear it in mind....
(PS: I've never baked a batch of brownies in San Francisco, either....naaah...just joking....I wonder if www.bakeabroad.com exists???)
1st October 2007 03:14 PM
glencar As for global warming, I'm not worried. At all. Those who actually are worried should stop running their computers & start biking everywhere. It's time for those people to put their money where their mouths are. I'm tired of morons like Algore & John Edwards telling me how to live & taxing me out the wazoo whilst they live in mansions with 28 bathrooms & $30K monthly electric bills. DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!!!!
1st October 2007 03:17 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
The earth is getting warmer. Fact. We have nothing to do with it. Fact. The sun is in the most active state for solar flares that it has been for decades now. Fact. The earth's average temperature was warmer in the 1400s. Fact. The summer of 1936 was the hottest summer on record. Fact.

Next question.

Cow flatulence releases more carbon dioxide into the environment than all the SUVs on the planet combined. Fact.

So I say lay the blame where it rightfully belongs. The sun and the cows!

Riffy

How does the dwindling forrests and plant life that for millions of years consumed the emmisions of the cows fit into this? The cows and sun didn't knock down the trees, and SUV's are competing with the cows to see who can fart more.
To say humans don't play a part, is not fact. It is a simple diversion to quote past climate changes, but if it isn't done while keeping in mind human population is in the billions now, and millions of eco-systems have been altered or destroyed, you can't make historical comparisons. Especially considering science on this isn't fact, but hypothesis and warnings are still not to be discounted and dismissed with random past earth climate stats. There's something we can't even compare, b/c never has an entire rain forrest been obliterated while cows are farting up a storm next to millions of SUV's while the sun is said to be hotter????
1st October 2007 03:21 PM
pdog I just farted!
1st October 2007 03:22 PM
glencar pdog, what are you & yours doing to reduce "global warming"? Please do more!
1st October 2007 03:25 PM
monkey_man I'm giving up meat! The meat industry uses more resources and creates more CO2 than car emissions do. Riffy did have that right.
1st October 2007 03:32 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
pdog, what are you & yours doing to reduce "global warming"? Please do more!

It takes a psychic change, not an individual change, collectively the individual matter... On the whole, only people, not a person will affect change.
What I do:
Recycle
Conserve water and electricity
My job keeps alot of cars off the road

I can't really do much else, hopefully it matters, in a small extent. Like you, I know we think locally. Hopefully the people who are profiting from mass fossil fuel use, will get their heads out their asses. There's so many simple solutions, and great powers fighting to squash them.
1st October 2007 03:34 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

It takes a psychic change, not an individual change, collectively the individual matter... On the whole, only people, not a person will affect change.
What I do:
Recycle
Conserve water and electricity
My job keeps alot of cars off the road

I can't really do much else, hopefully it matters, in a small extent. Like you, I know we think locally. Hopefully the people who are profiting from mass fossil fuel use, will get their heads out their asses. There's so many simple solutions, and great powers fighting to squash them.

You know, everyone in this thread can stop using electricity & gasoline for a month & Algore's usage will negate any positive effect we have. I cite him because I think he's a big fat phony & I hate that many people swallowed his shit whole w/o really questioning it. I'm not saying that's you BTW.
1st October 2007 03:37 PM
mrhipfl the earth has always gone through cycles and temperature changes, and it will keep doing that forever. And one day, the sun will explode and we will all be fried. FACT
1st October 2007 03:40 PM
monkey_man GC your hatred of AG stops you from conserving resources?
1st October 2007 03:41 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
I'm giving up meat! The meat industry uses more resources and creates more CO2 than car emissions do. Riffy did have that right.

I'm almost totally organic at home. i hope that helps...
1st October 2007 03:42 PM
_Boomy_ In my eyes
Indisposed
In disguise
As no one knows
Hides the face
Lies the snake
The sun
In my disgrace
Boiling heat
Summer stench
'Neath the black
The sky looks dead
Call my name
Through the cream
And I'll hear you
Scream again

Black hole sun
Won't you come
And wash away the rain
Black hole sun
Won't you come
Won't you come

Stuttering
Cold and damp
Steal the warm wind
Tired friend
Times are gone
For honest men
And sometimes
Far too long
For snakes
In my shoes
A walking sleep
And my youth
I pray to keep
Heaven send
Hell away
No one sings
Like you
Anymore

Hang my head
Drown my fear
Till you all just
Disappear

Get on the snake, muthafucka!!!
[Edited by _Boomy_]
1st October 2007 03:46 PM
glencar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
GC your hatred of AG stops you from conserving resources?

Huh? I even recycle those plastic supermarket bags. I will cut back on beef as a general diet issue. I recycle those inserted magazine subscrition cards. I'm someone who walks the walk. My citation of Algore is to show what some of these people who want you to change haven't done the same thing themselves. It's like Leo Dicaprio taking private jets to get to those Live Earth concerts. Kind of defeats their point, knowwhatImsayin'?
1st October 2007 03:49 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
glencar wrote:
It's like Leo Dicaprio taking private jets to get to those Live Earth concerts. Kind of defeats their point, knowwhatImsayin'?

Or working on sets of multi-million dollar movies that burn up a shit-load of energy (electricity, etc)?

1st October 2007 03:52 PM
glencar Not to mention the oil used to make DVD's!
1st October 2007 03:55 PM
_Boomy_ What is comes down is walking the walk.

If you expect someone else to do something proactive, then be proactive yourself.

This "pot calling the kettle black" bullshit with Global Warming is ridiculous. Do as a say, not as I do. What fucking bullshit.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)