ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA-6th October 2005
© Marisa Roman, Daily Progress and Richmond Times Dispatch with thanks to moy and Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: which "bridge" was cooler? Return to archive
30th September 2007 07:24 PM
fireontheplatter the bridge to babalon one with the headlights unfolding one they walked across. [always thought this was dangerous for the audience]
or

the bigger bang moving stage hydrochloric one?

i think i liked the bigger bang bridge best.

30th September 2007 07:34 PM
mrhipfl me too
30th September 2007 07:46 PM
GotToRollMe I preferred the Bridges To Babylon hydraulic bridge. I loved the sound of it opening, and the Stones walking across it, and that tiny satellite stage where they played songs like "Little Queenie" and "Little Red Rooster."
30th September 2007 07:52 PM
erbissell I liked the abb stage more, yet, I liked what they played on the bridges set more. both were really revolutionary great designs, I just prefer watching them play while they are going past me rather than just walking.
1st October 2007 07:09 AM
glencar Definitely better set lists early on. I think I do like the rolling ABB mini-stage.
1st October 2007 11:40 AM
Saint Sway does anyone remember that little stage they had during the end of the Voodoo tour that went out about 15 rows into the audience?? They used to do a 2 song acoustic set on there.

it was like the baby b-stage. But I think they only used it for a dozen or so shows. Gazza can confirm.
1st October 2007 11:50 AM
Mr Jurkka Well i dont really like the ABB stage.. I like Licks "bridge" the lights on it.. and BtB stage is nice too.
1st October 2007 11:54 AM
bilsim I remember that from the voodoo lunge tour, well I don't, but I've seen videos and pictures of it. They did songs like Sweet Virginia down there.
1st October 2007 07:06 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
does anyone remember that little stage they had during the end of the Voodoo tour that went out about 15 rows into the audience?? They used to do a 2 song acoustic set on there.

it was like the baby b-stage. But I think they only used it for a dozen or so shows. Gazza can confirm.

i do

i have that florida show on vhs
they did sweet virginia...if my memory serves me correctly
1st October 2007 07:49 PM
mojoman The bridge, we'll build it now
It may take a lot of time
And it maybe lonely but
Ooh baby, ooh baby.

The bridge was falling down
And that took a lot of lies
And it made me lonely
Ooh baby, ooh baby.

The bridge was falling.
The bridge was falling.
The bridge was falling.

One day, when you talked to me
I saw myself again
And it made me love you.
Ooh baby, ooh baby.

And love came running down
Like a river on your skin
And you let me in.
Ooh babe, ooh babe.

You let me in
You let me in
You let me in

The bridge, we'll build it now
It may take a lot of time
1st October 2007 08:59 PM
robpop It was cooler when there was no bridge, and no elaborate stage. Just rock and roll.
1st October 2007 09:51 PM
pdog
quote:
robpop wrote:
It was cooler when there was no bridge, and no elaborate stage. Just rock and roll.

69 to 81... fuck the bridge!
1st October 2007 09:59 PM
glencar The B stage is a great idea that they've screwed up with their ever-shrinking set lists.
2nd October 2007 02:42 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
robpop wrote:
It was cooler when there was no bridge, and no elaborate stage. Just rock and roll.

that's right...we don't need no stinkin' bridges!
2nd October 2007 09:54 AM
Moonisup Bridge over the River Kwai. Great Bridge
2nd October 2007 09:57 AM
mojoman I'm just trying to find the bridge...
Has anybody seen the bridge?
Bridge?

(Have you seen the bridge?)
I ain't seen the bridge!

(Where's that confounded bridge?)
2nd October 2007 02:28 PM
TomL I liked B2B.
3rd October 2007 03:59 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
does anyone remember that little stage they had during the end of the Voodoo tour that went out about 15 rows into the audience?? They used to do a 2 song acoustic set on there.

3rd October 2007 04:15 PM
glencar Exquisite version! THAT should be the national anthem of some crappy 3rd world country looking to get cool. I do note that Ronnie was doing quite a bit of hand-waving in the middle of the performance.
3rd October 2007 05:50 PM
BONOISLOVE This is so eerie. Today I walked on a bridge. What a fantastic coincidence!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)