ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Sir
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Sir Stonesalot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Torn & Frayed Return to archive
October 10th, 2005 04:16 PM
Mad Brained Bear Is it just me or is it impossible to understand a single lyric in this song? Same things happens in 'When The Whip Comes Down' save for the chorus.
October 10th, 2005 04:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Mad Brained Bear wrote:
Is it just me or is it impossible to understand a single lyric in this song? Same things happens in 'When The Whip Comes Down' save for the chorus.

I think both of those songs are easy to understand, ESPECIALLY during live versions of these tunes.
October 10th, 2005 04:24 PM
Ronnie Richards It's not supposed to be easy..

Anyway here are lyrics and chords:
(taken from http://www.keno.org/rolling_stones/chords_9.htm)

Intro Dsus2-D-Dsus2 A E Dsus2-D-Dsus2
A G D Dsus2-D-Dsus2
Hey, let him follow you down,
D A E Dsus2-D-Dsus2
Way underground wind and he's bound.
A G D
Bound to follow you down,
D A E D
Just a dead beat right off the street.
A G D
Bound to follow you down.
A G D
Well the ballrooms and smelly bordellos
A G D
And dressing rooms filled with parasites.
A G D
On stage the band has got problems,
A D A
They're a bag of nerves on first nights.

D A E Dsus2-D
He ain't tied down to no home town,
A G D
Yeah, and he thought he was wreckless.
D A E D
You think he's bad, he thinks you're mad,
A G D
Yeah, and the guitar player gets restless.
A G F
And his coat is torn and frayed,
A G D
It's seen much better days.
A G D
Just as long as the guitar plays
A D A
Let it steal your heart away,
A D A
Let it steal your heart away

inst. A D A then into inst verse D A E D A G D D A E D A G D

A G D
Well, his coat is torn and frayed,
A G D
It's seen much better days.
A G D
A D A

D A E D
Joe's got a cough, sounds kind a rough,
A G D
Yeah, and the codeine to fix it.
D A E D
Doctor prescribes, drug store supplies,
A G D
Who's gonna help him to kick it
A G D
And his coat is torn and frayed,
A G D
It`s seen much better days.
A G D
A D A
A D A
Let it steal your heart away.
inst bridge G D w lead licks to repeat chorus and fade
October 10th, 2005 04:24 PM
Mikey "well the ballrooms and smelly bordellos....and dressing rooms filed with parasites....on stage the band has got problems....there a bag of nerves on first night...."
October 10th, 2005 05:13 PM
Rizollin I find it funny that A Bigger Bang has the frickin lyrics printed in it, when Mick now sings and enunciates like he's talking to somebody's hard of hearing grandma, while Exile is a mush mouthed masterpiece of slurring and unintelligible singing, and has the lyrics nowhere to be found. The stones never got much credit as the brilliant lyricists that they were back in the day because no one knew what the fuck they were saying! And they liked it that way!

BTW Torn and Frayed is one of my Exile favorites. I love when that tortured guitar comes on right after Sweet Virginia fades out and that guy says "far out." God I love that fucking album!
October 10th, 2005 05:51 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Rizollin wrote:
I find it funny that A Bigger Bang has the frickin lyrics printed in it, when Mick now sings and enunciates like he's talking to somebody's hard of hearing grandma, while Exile is a mush mouthed masterpiece of slurring and unintelligible singing, and has the lyrics nowhere to be found. The stones never got much credit as the brilliant lyricists that they were back in the day because no one knew what the fuck they were saying! And they liked it that way!

BTW Torn and Frayed is one of my Exile favorites. I love when that tortured guitar comes on right after Sweet Virginia fades out and that guy says "far out." God I love that fucking album!

Great post there, Rizzie.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)