ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Sir
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Sir Stonesalot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How long is opening act. Return to archive
October 10th, 2005 04:09 PM
ShadyT Does anyone know how long the opening act is on for?
The concert in Philly tonight starts at 7:30.
Does anyone know when the Stones actually start?
Thanks

Shady T
October 10th, 2005 04:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
ShadyT wrote:
Does anyone know how long the opening act is on for?
The concert in Philly tonight starts at 7:30.
Does anyone know when the Stones actually start?
Thanks

Shady T

Opening acts have been typically 45 minutes this tour. Stones have been coming on between 9-9:30 with a 7:30 start.
October 10th, 2005 04:11 PM
Steel Wheels The Mayer Trio has an ex Wino I think.

October 10th, 2005 06:32 PM
MrSlayer Who the hell is the opening act tonight? And are you sure the Stones don't hit the stage until 9? I don't want to see a crappy opening band (I'll be drinking in the lot) and I don't want to miss a second of the boys.

Thanks for answering if you do.
October 10th, 2005 07:21 PM
Martha The opening acts are on about 45 to 50 minutes. Then they take a 30-45 break before the Stones take the stage.
October 10th, 2005 08:38 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
The Mayer Trio has an ex Wino I think.

Indeed they do. That would be Charlie Drayton.

Riffhard
October 10th, 2005 09:06 PM
ResidentMule John Mayer trio is Steve Jordan and Pino Palladino
October 10th, 2005 09:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:
John Mayer trio is Steve Jordan and Pino Palladino

three of the shows I seen the stones did not come on until well after an hour following the opener (boston one and two and Milwaukee), i dont know about chicago as we were kept out of the seating for the openers as I had On Stage seats.
October 10th, 2005 09:13 PM
Riffhard My complete bad!! Of course! It's Steve Jordon I saw a little blurb about them on PBS the other night,and Jordon was definatly the former Expensive Wino. I gotta get my short term memory back! In the meantime I think I'll smoke another one.

Riffy
October 10th, 2005 09:17 PM
glencar I can't wait for Atlanta's opening act...
October 10th, 2005 09:24 PM
Riffhard
quote:
glencar wrote:
I can't wait for Atlanta's opening act...

Who would that be Blue?

Riffy
October 10th, 2005 09:44 PM
glencar Wilco!
October 10th, 2005 10:00 PM
Riffhard Oh yeah they are good! Shit at Giants we had to endure Allaniss Morrisette. Or as I called her Allaniss Boringset. I,of course,was in the parking lot getting tuned up. Wilco? I would have been inside for them. How many shows for you so far Blue? Tour king!

Riffy
October 10th, 2005 10:01 PM
glencar LOL So far 4 with 1 more on Saturday then 2 to4 early next year. I'm not getting as good seats this time around but it's still a great time. Wish I'd been there tonight.
October 10th, 2005 10:07 PM
Riffhard
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL So far 4 with 1 more on Saturday then 2 to4 early next year. I'm not getting as good seats this time around but it's still a great time. Wish I'd been there tonight.

It's good to be king,huh? LOL!

Will we be greeting in NYC come January?

I am searching for tickets for both of those shows by the way. So if you hear of any laying around clue Riffy in. Kay? TIA!

Riffy
October 10th, 2005 10:18 PM
glencar I will be going to both shows. I only have 1 ticky for that first show but it's a good-un. I have 3 crappy ones for the second show but they're spoken for. If the other 2 tix should fall through(doubtful though!), I'll keep you & egon in mind.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)