ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Sir
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Sir Stonesalot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick's annoying "here we go!"s and "c'mon!"s in EVERY SONG Return to archive
October 9th, 2005 03:44 PM
poor immigrant Mick has thrown in these little non sequiturs throughout the whole of the STONES performing career, but I really noticed how the've overtaken EVERY SONG since the LICKS tour. He tries to make it a very rock n' roll thing to just scream out these "C'mon"s and "Here's We Go!"s just before going into the chorus or bridge of a song. However, I'm of the opinion that 99% of the reason he's doing this is that he doesn't have confidence that the rest of band is actually gonna remember the arrangement and Keith or Ronnie will just keep noodling the main riff while Jagger switches and then has to cover his tracks. Obviously the trained pros they hire to play know the arrangement like the back of their hands, so it's really Keith and Ronnie I'm thinking of that need the prompting in Jaggers mind. Some might say they rely on a loose arrangement of some of the riff rockers and that Mick is just conducting, but the arrangements have been pretty rigid since 1989, with the exception of possibly Midnight Rambler. I do find it very annoying to hear it through everything.Thoughts anyone?
October 9th, 2005 03:48 PM
sirmoonie I think they rely on a loose arrangement of the riff rockers and that Mick is just conducting.
October 9th, 2005 05:19 PM
Sir Stonesalot Don't forget the hilariously retarded "evbudzay OOOOOWWWWWW!!!" after the songs.
October 9th, 2005 05:28 PM
Steel Wheels Never bothered me. I'll gladly take any tickets you don't want as a result of Mick's annoying banter.
October 9th, 2005 07:08 PM
Sir Stonesalot I didn't say it was annoying...I said it was retardedly hilarious.

That's a good thing.
October 9th, 2005 07:41 PM
glencar Isn't it an essential rock & roll bit?
October 9th, 2005 08:53 PM
The Wick As long as he doesn't start saying: And on keyboards, the meticulous maestro, Matt Boom Boom Clifford, I'll be fine.
October 9th, 2005 09:33 PM
Bitch i actually enjoy the HERE WE GO's the COME ON's the YES INDEED's and esp. the WELL ALL RIGHT's. I call them the little "extras" that you don't get on the studio releases. I love it when MICK makes a mistake on the lyrics too like repeats the same verse or skips something totally, thats what makes each live performance unique.
October 9th, 2005 09:47 PM
jb His banter circa 72-81 was the best ever....today, there is no banter at all..no interaction at all, and a mechanical , scripted, albeit , great performance.
October 9th, 2005 09:51 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
His banter circa 72-81 was the best ever....today, there is no banter at all..no interaction at all, and a mechanical , scripted, albeit , great performance.

I agree with you my Jewish friend!
October 9th, 2005 10:13 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I agree with you my Jewish friend!

LJ and I spoke about 8hrs yesterday..my phone bill will be $800 dollars!! And guess what, I didn;t get the fucking ticket yet!!!
October 10th, 2005 04:17 PM
gimmekeef jb...I understand you're coming here to Atlanta.As I dont think there is a Rocks Off preparty I hope you will be coming to Jocks and Jills..Would like to meet you...Atlanta should be another good one!
October 10th, 2005 04:32 PM
Ronnie Richards [quote]poor immigrant wrote:
Mick has thrown in these little non sequiturs throughout the whole of the STONES performing career, but I really noticed how the've overtaken EVERY SONG since the LICKS tour. He tries to make it a very rock n' roll thing to just scream out these "C'mon"s and "Here's We Go!"s just before going into the chorus or bridge of a song.

Yeah,, just take the band's first single.. littered with "come on"'s..
October 10th, 2005 04:37 PM
Mikey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I think they rely on a loose arrangement of the riff rockers and that Mick is just conducting.

Exactly. Its Mick's way of signaling to Keith/Charlie/Chuck that the song can progress or that he's ready or they should set him up for the "next" part.

See FF for validity, specifically Gimme Shelter, HTW.

Sometimes Keith blows him off, but for the most part, this is why its done'
October 11th, 2005 03:31 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Yeah I agrre.
Mick does it to move the song along. He probably doesnt like doing it aswell. I think charlie and keith need it to tell them where they are in the song.
October 11th, 2005 05:17 AM
Dick Bush
quote:
poor immigrant wrote:
Obviously the trained pros they hire to play know the arrangement like the back of their hands, so it's really Keith and Ronnie I'm thinking of that need the prompting in Jaggers mind. night Rambler. I do find it very annoying to hear it through everything.Thoughts anyone?

Well - you're not getting to be any younger too.

Respect the aged guys and thank the god they're still alive.
October 11th, 2005 06:44 AM
Jumacfly a Dick Bush / poor immigrant dialogue...that can only happens at Rocks Off!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)