ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Sir
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Sir Stonesalot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 6 charged in Stones bootlegging Return to archive
October 9th, 2005 11:56 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Since this article is NOT about the show as well, I'm posting outside the associated thread:

6 charged in Stones bootlegging

By SAMIHA KHANNA, Staff Writer

DURHAM -- At least six people were charged Saturday with copyright infringement after police accused them of selling hundreds of counterfeit Rolling Stones T-shirts.

It didn't seem to matter to the more than 100 Stones fans who snatched up the merchandise.

One defendant raked in at least $3,000 in an afternoon, police said, selling shirts for about $20 apiece.

The group of hawkers surrounded Wallace Wade Stadium and sold the shirts on street corners in downtown Durham, police told Durham County magistrate Eric Van Vleet.

The suspects, whose names were unavailable Saturday night, might also have violated a restraining order and an injunction filed by the Stones' corporate brand RST Inc. last month in a Massachusetts district court.

The injunction prohibited anyone, including eight specific defendants, from using the Rolling Stones name.

Police seized at least 600 T-shirts and raided a hotel room to bring in the counterfeit merchandise.

Several defendants said they didn't know the shirts were bootlegs.

October 9th, 2005 12:11 PM
DAVINO Good, these shad bastards make inferior quality shirts and have an aura of menace about them. Like the Stones. really...
October 9th, 2005 01:00 PM
gorda I've only seen the Stones once. And, on that one and only time that I saw them, there was a couple in the parking lot selling t-shirts for $10.00. I was about to buy one, but my brother stopped me, he said I should wait until we got inside because the official t-shirts were of a better quality.

Anyways, I kind of felt sorry for the couple. It was a young couple in their late teens or early twenties.
October 9th, 2005 01:44 PM
egon is jb ok?
October 9th, 2005 05:11 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I was about to buy one, but my brother stopped me, he said I should wait until we got inside because the official t-shirts were of a better quality.<

So instead of $10.00 you spent $35.00. Do you seriously think that the quality is $25.00 worth of better?

I don't. I love bootleg Stones shirts. I got piles of em.
October 9th, 2005 05:15 PM
glencar I have about 30 legit shirts. I'm done buying their stuff although I might buy one in Europe if/when I go there next year.
October 9th, 2005 06:55 PM
cabledogg2 At the D.C. Licks show i was walking toward a dude who was selling t-shirts in the back parking lot to see what he had. I got about 20 feet from him and BOOM he started to run "LIKE A BAT OUTTA HELL" dropping several shirts . 2 undercover security guys nabbed his ass. To bad i never got a shirt.........
October 9th, 2005 11:00 PM
jb Probaly much better stuff than the crap they are selling this tour!!!
October 10th, 2005 12:05 AM
rogerriffin Don´t want imagine México shows!!! here is one of the best countries of bootlegs t-shirts about stones and other groups, mexican styles are very cool
October 10th, 2005 12:18 AM
sirmoonie I like buying drugs at Rolling Stones shows.
October 10th, 2005 03:58 AM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I like buying drugs at Rolling Stones shows.

I like selling them!
October 10th, 2005 08:32 AM
gimmekeef I think this tour is the weakest shirt design ever.Looked for a long time and hell wouldnt wear most of them if they gave me one.Really think that has been Charlies contribution over the years and with his health this time perhaps he wasnt as involved...
October 10th, 2005 11:46 AM
JerryT
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>I was about to buy one, but my brother stopped me, he said I should wait until we got inside because the official t-shirts were of a better quality.<

So instead of $10.00 you spent $35.00. Do you seriously think that the quality is $25.00 worth of better?

I don't. I love bootleg Stones shirts. I got piles of em.

Correct SS. North Carolina is textile country anyway. I would guess those shirts are pretty good quaility. I wish these shirts would show up at the shows I go to.
October 10th, 2005 11:57 AM
charlotte Best shirt of the tour(even though I like/own the Pittsburgh shirt)

October 10th, 2005 12:14 PM
Moonisup hang them! The bootleggers steal money from the artists
[Edited by Moonisup]
October 10th, 2005 12:30 PM
ListenToTheLion Most official Stones T-shirts are crap. Poorly designed crap. People who wear them look like complete fools.
October 10th, 2005 01:07 PM
stonesmik
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
Most official Stones T-shirts are crap. Poorly designed crap. People who wear them look like complete fools.

Wearing the official crap even seems to show off the NON-hardcore fan. There is lot of bootleg shit too, but some of these shirts are really nice because they are made by fans.

Btw - did you ever see Keith wearing an official Stones shirt? As far as I remember I only saw Mick doin' it.
October 10th, 2005 03:53 PM
star star on many of the exile photos from the recording sessions, you can see old keefy wearing a simple plain white long sleeved shirt with the stones tongue and lips in the middle
October 10th, 2005 03:55 PM
Joey
" I got piles ............... "

***** IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION ******

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)