ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Sir
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Sir Stonesalot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bonnie Rait Return to archive
October 9th, 2005 10:35 AM
jb Reading Sunday rag at poolside(86 nand sunny) and in one of those weekend sections interview with Bonnie Rait about , among other things aging rockers. As in the past , she compliments Stones saying they are stil "writing great music". We must support anything this woman does!!!!

October 9th, 2005 10:48 AM
blackandblue
quote:
jb wrote:
Reading Sunday rag at poolside(86 nand sunny) and in one of those weekend sections interview with Bonnie Rait about , among other things aging rockers. As in the past , she compliments Stones saying they are stil "writing great music". We must support anything this woman does!!!!

How does she know?
October 9th, 2005 10:52 AM
jb
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

How does she know?

She is friendly with Keith and she must have listened to ABB.....................................developing
October 9th, 2005 02:09 PM
IanBillen [quote]blackandblue wrote:

How does she know?

She gives Don Was head from time to time.

Ian
October 9th, 2005 02:12 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Reading Sunday rag at poolside(86 nand sunny) and in one of those weekend sections interview with Bonnie Rait about , among other things aging rockers. As in the past , she compliments Stones saying they are stil "writing great music". We must support anything this woman does!!!!

listen to her play slide guitar and you'll be wanting her in the band next. She's fantastic
October 9th, 2005 02:23 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

listen to her play slide guitar and you'll be wanting her in the band next. She's fantastic

I have seen her perform many times and she is a devine spirit..a true pionerr underappreciated except for her one big album of 10 yrs ago or more..
October 9th, 2005 02:26 PM
Bitch she's always been good and has been around for a long time.
very soulful.
October 9th, 2005 02:26 PM
Taptrick
I've seen her live twice. Great musician and guitar player. But not a lot of stage presence. definitely worth seeing though.

October 9th, 2005 02:55 PM
jb I have added a meaningful post to the board!!!! Thanks Voodoo and Gazza..particularly Gazza since I kn ow you really like me as a friend!!!
October 9th, 2005 04:03 PM
Gazza LOL..yes you sure did

But you're deducted one point for misspelling Bonnie's surname. It's RAITT.

October 9th, 2005 06:58 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
I have added a meaningful post to the board!!!! Thanks Voodoo and Gazza..particularly Gazza since I kn ow you really like me as a friend!!!

I'm so proud of you!!!
October 9th, 2005 07:25 PM
kath bonnie's been around forever, and a lot of us have appreciated her for at least 30 years.

"luck of the draw" was one of the best albums ever made and is timeless. one the same par as "tapestry" was for its time...

she is one of the GREAT slide guitar players, and she is a writer of beautiful songs.
October 9th, 2005 07:29 PM
telecaster She plays very good guitar

Plus she was married to Dannie Noonan from "Caddyshack"

October 9th, 2005 08:52 PM
LeedsLungs71 Bonnie Raitt is very similar to the Stones style of music. Her roots are in the blues (Robert Johnson, Mississippi Fred McDowell, Koko Taylor etc.) and she has some great taste in various musical styles. She has covered rock and roll, soul, RnB, blues, country rock, New Orleans funk, etc.

If any woman could be considered as qualified to join the Stones, it would be Bonnie Raitt. Her and Ronnie and Keef playing the blues would sound very cool.

She would've also made a great addition to Little Feat! Same slide guitar sound as the late Lowell George.

Nice thread.

October 9th, 2005 09:09 PM
gypsy
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Plus she was married to Dannie Noonan from "Caddyshack"

I was going to post that, but I figured nobody else would know who I was talking about.
They were married for quite some time, and divorced a few years ago.
October 9th, 2005 09:52 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I was going to post that, but I figured nobody else would know who I was talking about.
They were married for quite some time, and divorced a few years ago.

Gypsy , did you speak to LJ...what a fucking Saturday!!!!!!!!!
October 9th, 2005 09:58 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:

Gypsy , did you speak to LJ...what a fucking Saturday!!!!!!!!!

She emailed me about all the obstacles you two had to endure Saturday. I'm so sorry.
October 9th, 2005 10:09 PM
jb Obviously anyone following the board over the years knows my hatred of Macca/Beatles . Thus, I rarely even get involved anymore b/c it is redundant and offends many so-called Stones fans. Bottom line, they are mutually exclusive in my opinion and youcannot be both a Beatles/Macca fan and a die hard Stones fan-it just don't work that way and never will with the Stones's fans I know. You either digp, or the nitty , gritty blues inspired rock the Stones took from the Delta Blues pioneers, Chuck Berry( a total douche as a person) and made their own. There is no comparison b/t the Beatles as a rock band and the Stones. Maybe , to some(actually, probably 48% here) the Beatles represent the
60's and the impact it had on their lives and society as a whole;but to others, the real die hard Stones fans, the Beatles are unjustifiably held in higher regard b/c of thier wuss, wuss, pop -friendly music.
The Big 4 Stones albums, plus GHS,IORR, B&B, Some Girls and Tatoo You, stand up to any Beatles/Macca album, and imo, are vastly superior.
October 9th, 2005 10:30 PM
Brainbell Jangler I fell in love with Bonnie Raitt in 1971 when I first heard "Women Be Wise." Her huge success on "Nick of Time" was well-deserved but LONG overdue. A very powerful artist.
October 9th, 2005 10:32 PM
jb
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
I fell in love with Bonnie Raitt in 1971 when I first heard "Women Be Wise." Her huge success on "Nick of Time" was well-deserved but LONG overdue. A very powerful artist.

I believe you despised me on that other board? Correct me if I am mistaken or have you confused......but I don't think so(?)
October 9th, 2005 10:38 PM
Brainbell Jangler This thread is about Bonnie Raitt, Josh, not you. I admire and share your appreciation for her. And I never despised YOU, Josh, I just found some of your posted opinions and observations to be baseless and illogical and therefore unworthy of a fellow attorney. I couldn't despise someone I don't know. By all posted accounts of those who have met you, you're a likeable fellow Stones fan.
But, yes, I'm the same person you're thinking of.
October 9th, 2005 10:43 PM
jb
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
This thread is about Bonnie Raitt, Josh, not you. I admire and share your appreciation for her. And I never despised YOU, Josh, I just found some of your posted opinions and observations to be baseless and illogical and therefore unworthy of a fellow attorney. I couldn't despise someone I don't know. By all posted accounts of those who have met you, you're a likeable fellow Stones fan.

Gotcha ......I'm not often wrong............and despite my alleged illogical thinking, I have been doing this for 16fucking yrs and am dam fucking good...and if you really knew anyone who met me, you might actual get it...........................
October 10th, 2005 01:01 AM
gypsy
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
This thread is about Bonnie Raitt, Josh, not you. I admire and share your appreciation for her. And I never despised YOU, Josh, I just found some of your posted opinions and observations to be baseless and illogical and therefore unworthy of a fellow attorney. I couldn't despise someone I don't know. By all posted accounts of those who have met you, you're a likeable fellow Stones fan.

Josh is a wonderful friend and an A-list Poster!
October 10th, 2005 01:20 AM
KeepRigid
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Josh is a wonderful friend and an A-list Poster!

Were it not for Josh's The Inner Game of Posting, I would probably still be going on and on about Forty Licks.
October 10th, 2005 01:52 AM
padre Less than five years ago Bonnie Raitt was asked about her favourite slide player. She said "Ronnie Wood".
October 10th, 2005 04:34 PM
kath
quote:
Obviously anyone following the board over the years knows my hatred of Macca/Beatles . Thus, I rarely even get involved anymore b/c it is redundant and offends many so-called Stones fans. Bottom line, they are mutually exclusive in my opinion and youcannot be both a Beatles/Macca fan and a die hard Stones fan-it just don't work that way and never will with the Stones's fans I know. You either digp, or the nitty , gritty blues inspired rock the Stones took from the Delta Blues pioneers, Chuck Berry( a total douche as a person) and made their own. There is no comparison b/t the Beatles as a rock band and the Stones. Maybe , to some(actually, probably 48% here) the Beatles represent the
60's and the impact it had on their lives and society as a whole;but to others, the real die hard Stones fans, the Beatles are unjustifiably held in higher regard b/c of thier wuss, wuss, pop -friendly music.
The Big 4 Stones albums, plus GHS,IORR, B&B, Some Girls and Tatoo You, stand up to any Beatles/Macca album, and imo, are vastly superior.

if yer such a good poster, josh..why is THIS on the bonnie raitt thread??????
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)