ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Sir
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Sir Stonesalot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Guitar Teacher inspiration Return to archive
October 8th, 2005 10:23 PM
Daethgod Ok, got my guitar teach into teh Stones and Ronnie and Keef
now..
what 2 or 3 songs do u think best show off the 'guitar' when it comes to the Stones..
songs that maybe my guitar teacher can teach me, or get inspired by..

Im playing ' If You really Want To Be My Friend'.. , YCAGWYW', As Tears Go By', and a few others..
so how about it, yer i know there are a few ' best solo' threads running, but if i were to make a few CDs featuring the Stones at their gettar best (acoustic and electric riffing) what would fellow RO'ers recommend ??

I'll start :
Crazy Mamma
Dead Flowers
October 8th, 2005 10:53 PM
glencar 1 Hit to the body
October 8th, 2005 11:01 PM
exile Brown Sugar
Crazy Mama
Soul Survivor
Monkey Man
If you cant rock me
Shes So Cold
SLAVE

I always loved the guitar in "Dance Little Sister"
Fingerprint File is different and cool

October 8th, 2005 11:50 PM
Starbuck this is easy.

for the electric: Satisfaction, HTW, Brown Sugar, JJF. going deep, jiving sister fanny.

for the acoustic: play with fire, angie, lady jane, as tears go by. possibly sweet virginia as well (a personal favorite to play).

keith's gift to rock music was the riff. well, that was actually chuck berry's gift, but keith took it and ran with it. the crafting of riffs is what keith did best. learning the above riffs will help you to get a clearer understanding of keith's style.

the acoustic numbers will help you learn your finger pickin'!
October 9th, 2005 01:05 AM
Taptrick
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Fingerprint File
Stop Breaking Down
Venitlator Blues
Hey Negrita
Sway
Midnight Rambler
Stray Cat Blues

October 9th, 2005 02:54 AM
Chris74 For the Acoustic Angie is very good - Lots of G sus/ G accord switching - Keith often uses that. Also Sweet Virginia - its a typical Country Beat - Keith was influenced a lot by Country Rock music. Love in Vain from from the Stripped Album is a very good example - it's played with trioles - typical for Blues, wonderful song and the philosophy less playing is more.
Look also for example at Chuck Berry songs - when you learn it from the roots it can help you a lot. In "Nadine" you find patterns that will be in many stones songs. And the Berriysh chords - double stop technique is very important (for example in Johny B. Goode and Back in the USA)

Chris

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)