ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Sir
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Sir Stonesalot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Velvet Revolver (Contaband) Return to archive
October 6th, 2005 05:46 AM
Honky Tonk Man Listening to this album right now!

It's fantastic, especially Loving The Alien! Oh, and what about they're live cover of Bodies? They fucking nail it!

I'm not usually a fan of these kind of bands, but I've always adored Guns N' Roses and especially Slash.
October 6th, 2005 06:11 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I got that mate. Fucking rocking album. Especially Fall to Pieces
October 6th, 2005 07:30 AM
Jumacfly Velvet Revolver rocks!!
October 6th, 2005 07:40 AM
lotsajizz they play well but need a singer and songwriter....

too bad the original one went insane

OK now

Cazart!!
October 6th, 2005 08:44 AM
wisertime
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
they play well but need a singer and songwriter....

too bad the original one went insane

That's also my opinion..
October 6th, 2005 08:51 AM
Jumacfly the original one wants to re record "appetite for destruction" wiht his new crew...what a bastard!!
October 6th, 2005 09:06 AM
exile I think Axl went beyond insane.
he is somewhere up in the stratosphere we need a rake to get him down again.

Is This Velvet Revolver album worth buying? I’m not really into this kind of rock. Bit 80's for me. more into White stripes but I don’t mind the odd bit of nostalgia, now and then.

I remember buying Appetite for destruction when i was 16 it rocked at the time.

I thought Axl snorted Columbia out of Cocaine

Can anyone post the story, posted here about making of Chinese democracy. Great story. The record companies dusted some money on Axl.
October 6th, 2005 07:03 PM
Soldatti Good record, great rocking stuff.
October 7th, 2005 03:21 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
exile wrote:
Is This Velvet Revolver album worth buying? I’m not really into this kind of rock. Bit 80's for me. more into White stripes but I don’t mind the odd bit of nostalgia, now and then.

Absolutely! Yes, the sound is a little retro, but with a modern twist. You can hear elements of The Appetite For Destruction era Guns N’ Roses, but it all together sounds a lot more up to date.
October 7th, 2005 03:36 PM
Factory Girl I like their sound, b/c I love Slash.

They need a singer. Scotty W. must go. He tries so hard to be adrogynous, its yicky. He's yicky.

I never liked Stone Temple Pilots either.
October 7th, 2005 06:56 PM
IzzyStradlin They need Izzy Stradlin to be writing their stuff like he wrote more than half the G-n-R stuff.

When Izzy left, G-n-R died.

You love the Stones?........, get some Izzy Stradlin solo albums - you'll piss your pants.

Let's put it this way, Izzys' idols are Ron Wood, Keith Richards and the Faces.
October 7th, 2005 11:23 PM
winter
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:
They need Izzy Stradlin to be writing their stuff like he wrote more than half the G-n-R stuff.

When Izzy left, G-n-R died.

You love the Stones?........, get some Izzy Stradlin solo albums - you'll piss your pants.

Let's put it this way, Izzys' idols are Ron Wood, Keith Richards and the Faces.

I love Izzy, and couldn't agree more.

117 degrees is damn good!

October 8th, 2005 12:56 PM
IzzyStradlin
quote:
winter wrote:

I love Izzy, and couldn't agree more.

117 degrees is damn good!

117 degrees is amazing. I like the first one with the JuJu Hounds as well.

Ron Wood or Keith Richards can't hold a candle to Rick Richards.
October 8th, 2005 10:44 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I like their sound, b/c I love Slash.

They need a singer. Scotty W. must go. He tries so hard to be adrogynous, its yicky. He's yicky.

I never liked Stone Temple Pilots either.

me 2

I d/l all those VR songs right after that album came out, but just as quickly deleted them

That Scott Weiland/STP sound really killed it for me, never was a fan

I like that idea of getting Izzy on board and dropping Weiland, that's a grand idea, if anyone knows how to carry on the torch and create badass rock n roll it's these guys, especially in light of the fact that its pretty evident the Stones album work is in the toilet

October 8th, 2005 10:54 PM
exile No matter what Velvet Revolver will never recreate the popularity and songs that GNR had.
I had forgotten how big they were in 89
I caught the clip of paradise city on MTV last night and man they were huge.

on a side note/;

Hey someone here a while ago posted a story on the making of Chinese Democracy (GNR new album) and how Axl the only original member, has clocked up so much cash in studio time that record company brought out best of GNR to recoup their losses. anyway it was a really good read.
Does anyone have a link to this story? I want to send it to a mate who is a big VL and GNR fan.
I think thread called "At least we didnt have to wait this long"
October 9th, 2005 12:14 AM
winter
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

me 2

I d/l all those VR songs right after that album came out, but just as quickly deleted them

That Scott Weiland/STP sound really killed it for me, never was a fan

I like that idea of getting Izzy on board and dropping Weiland, that's a grand idea, if anyone knows how to carry on the torch and create badass rock n roll it's these guys, especially in light of the fact that its pretty evident the Stones album work is in the toilet

2 words - LAME!

Axil sucks donkey dick. How's chinese demacrasy coming? Yeah thought so. Bucket head has a new gig, but ronald mcdonald is available.

God you fucking people scare me sometimes,

wintah
[Edited by winter]
October 9th, 2005 12:19 AM
steel wls I like the album. It rocks better than anything of that year, but can't compare to any GNR album. Except The Spaghetti Incident.
October 9th, 2005 12:22 AM
winter
quote:
steel wls wrote:
I like the album. It rocks better than anything of that year, but can't compare to any GNR album. Except The Spaghetti Incident.

Agreed, and I really like the album. but it also can't compare to any stp album - period.

wish scott would find his way back home.
October 9th, 2005 12:34 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
winter wrote:

2 words - LAME!

Axil sucks donkey dick. How's chinese demacrasy coming? Yeah thought so. Bucket head has a new gig, but ronald mcdonald is available.

God you fucking people scare me sometimes,

wintah
[Edited by winter]

Why are you quoting me, I was talking about VR, not Axl's Chinese Democracy

btw

lames only 1 word
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)