ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Saville Theatre, London December 14, 1969
© 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive with thanks to Fotini

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Daethgod now accepting apologies ... Return to archive
10-04-03 06:16 AM
Daethgod after seeing this http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=18772

i gues its now 'official' in most dudes eyes ...

10-04-03 11:00 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Instead of apologies I want to thank you again!!

Daethgod posted the news for the first time and I was the one who did stick your message to put it on top, as I didn't have doubts about it.

Now your message is on the archives as after this board reaches 150 topics, the last 50 are moved to an archive, including those sticked.
10-05-03 12:33 AM
Child of the Moon It mentions this in the article:

"Highlights of the package include the band's first live versions of tracks such as "Monkey Man" and "Rocks Off"...

What exactly does this mean? Are they implying that these songs had never been performed until now, or what? ('Cause they'd be wrong! ) I like the idea of "Select a Stone," on which you can single out one the Stones to watch during a song. THAT is cool.
10-05-03 07:20 AM
Daethgod man i cant wait to see this thing

us Aussies never got to see 'Worried About You', i heard the Aragon version and it was freaking awesome.

Now we can keep Licking forever !

10-05-03 12:21 PM
Stones Fan, Gar Sometimes when news like this breaks, the person who breaks it is doubted. I am just glad you broke the news, gave me something to hope for. Confirmation is only icing on the cake and when it comes to the Stones, it seems, good things come to those who wait.
10-05-03 12:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
It mentions this in the article:

"Highlights of the package include the band's first live versions of tracks such as "Monkey Man" and "Rocks Off"...

What exactly does this mean? Are they implying that these songs had never been performed until now, or what? ('Cause they'd be wrong! ) I like the idea of "Select a Stone," on which you can single out one the Stones to watch during a song. THAT is cool.

The text is wrong, probably they meant the "first live version officialy released" but even this way it is wrong as they must add "in the western side of the planet" as both songs have been officialy released in the LASER DISC "The Rolling Stones World Tour 1995 - Voodoo Lounge in Japan", I have this one and it's great in terms of audio and video quality as well as performance, it's a killer, many bootleggers made a bootleg from the audio of this laser disc, i.e. "Voodoo Edo 1995" Morph17, etc.

BTW, Rocks Off debuted at the Pacific Coliseum on June 3, 1972 in Vancouver, BC and Monkey Man debut was on until July 19, 1994 in Toronto at the warm up gig for the Voodoo Lounge Tour, the RPM Club.
10-05-03 12:46 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Lucky Canadians
10-05-03 01:19 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Right. Remember when Sergei broke the Palais gig and nobody believed him?

-tSYX --- Well, my name is 905...