ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Saville Theatre, London December 14, 1969
© 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive with thanks to Fotini

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: PBS blues series Return to archive
10-01-03 10:14 AM
T&A Enjoyed last night's journey with BB,Rosco, Bobby and company. I was curious as to why the show didn't even mention as post-script that a couple of the featured characters - Sam Phillips and Rufus Thomas (of Walking the Dog fame) - have recently passed away....Rufus a couple of years ago and Sam a couple of months ago. They drew attention to Rosco's passing, so I thought it was curious.

This is a tremendous series, IMO - and it partially underscores the sad reality that so few of these precious icons are still with us and the number is dwindling rapidly...
10-01-03 10:21 AM
steel driving hammer I haven't seen any of it yet.

Have the Stones even been on it?
10-01-03 10:25 AM
T&A no - this isn't about the Stones, though I believe they will have a clip on the 6th installment. But, if you dig the blues this is like being a kid in a candy store this week.
10-01-03 10:30 AM
steel driving hammer I know it's not about the Stones. But I took it that members of the Stones will be on it telling their faves, history or meeting w/ some of the blues men the show features.

I've always liked the style of Lighting Hopkins btw, and John Lee.
10-01-03 10:54 AM
T&A I've actually been quite pleased and impressed that the focus of the first three directors has been almost exclusively devoid of white artists discussing the black influence. I think that subject has been covered to death, quite honestly. This is black music and should be celebrated as such - these directors seem to get that point pretty well...
10-01-03 11:04 AM
steel driving hammer I know people who aren't watching this are missing out.

I'm home every night but just never get around to watching it. I just got the DVD of Hampton 81 for the first time and the Cub's are in the Playoffs and my Baby Got Back, if you know what I mean.

;^)
10-02-03 06:53 PM
FPM C10
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

...and my Baby Got Back, if you know what I mean.

;^)

I know what you mean, but YOU don't (nothin' new THERE!) because YOU missed "The Dance" in the Bobby Rush segment.

"It's TALKIN' to me, Ronnie!"
10-03-03 01:42 AM
Sir Stonesalot I saw "The Dance" at work. I was laughing so hard I couldn't talk on the radio. That was a great scene.
10-05-03 02:30 AM
Egbert What a B-O-R-I-N-G series that was.
10-05-03 11:23 AM
Stones Fan, Gar You can get the DVD of the Blues Series from PBS.com, also CD's of music from the series. I know what I want for Christmas, Stones DVD set and the Blues DVDs.