ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ford Field, October 12, 2002 by John F. Martin/AP
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: keith's fingers - part 36 Return to archive
10-09-02 12:12 PM
caro Hi!
I think this hasn't been posted yet : two weeks age, a german magazine (der spiegel) published a keith interview, and they asked him about the bumps on his fingers. He said "No, they don't hurt. The pain was only for the people to whom I owe those bumps. Those ten fingers still work fine."
So, I don't know which "people" he means, but I guess that it's Mick, as usual
10-09-02 12:15 PM
jb Keith has rhumetoid arthritis and it tragically has substantially diminished his ability to play.
10-09-02 04:20 PM
Scottfree I'm still very concerned, I can't say for sure if his ability has gone downhill or he plays differently. He impressed the shit out of me in 97, and has scared me at times prior to that. So who knows? We'll see in Cleveland.
10-09-02 04:45 PM
Soul Survivor Heres what bugs me sometimes, the guitars sound way too clean. Remember in the 70's how there was some distortion and it sounded heavy? Well now everythings polished like a shoe, and the guitars have lost their edge
10-09-02 04:59 PM
Moonisup soullie, just listen to the soundboard boot from Toronto 2002
that is so cool

hot stuff, if you can't rock, man soooo good
distortion!!

rik
10-09-02 05:01 PM
Soul Survivor but they cant be compared to the sound of the guitars on "Gimme Shelter" from '73, or "happy" from '73
10-09-02 05:12 PM
Moonisup duhhhhhhh that was 30 years ago, it is strange to compare things with a gap of 30 years!!!
don't you think?
10-09-02 05:51 PM
Mother baby So what?
Who really even cares about the state of Keith Richards fingers? Kind of the proverbial moot point isn't it?
10-09-02 06:03 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Mother baby wrote:
Who really even cares about the state of Keith Richards fingers?

mother b,

i would have thought most of us do even if for purely selfish reasons

i could understand your comment (sort of)if it was his toes

remember, it is thanks to those fingers that we are here at all

for keith to lose (even part of) the use of those digits would be a tragedy steeped in an insufferable irony - a bit like beethoven going deaf

10-09-02 06:12 PM
Mother baby
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
mother b,
for keith to lose (even part of) the use of those digits would be a tragedy steeped in an insufferable irony - a bit like beethoven going deaf

Well # 1 Beetoven going deaf didn't stop him. As far as the fingers, what I meant by a "moot point" was that...well...it's hard to top the top. If it all stopped tomorrow, we've got forever to enjoy...
10-09-02 06:14 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Mother baby wrote:

Well # 1 Beetoven going deaf didn't stop him. As far as the fingers, what I meant by a "moot point" was that...well...it's hard to top the top. If it all stopped tomorrow, we've got forever to enjoy...

That is true, but nothing, not one boot, beats a life concert, imo! I hope that they'll stay around a long long time, well anyway, we all picked the right band!
10-09-02 06:25 PM
stonedinaustralia i don't mean tragic from our point of view but his

deafness might not have stopped beethoven but i'm sure it would have saddened him beyond belief not to be able to hear music anymore and i'm sure the impact on k would be the same if he could no longer play - thankfully,that doesn't appear to be the case

10-09-02 06:27 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
....well anyway, we all picked the right band!

Yeah. Good Antenna's....real good antennas....
Too late to turn back now.
[Edited by Mother baby]