ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ford Field, October 12, 2002 by John F. Martin/AP
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: First fight at a show Return to archive
10-07-02 05:32 PM
nankerphelge Took six shows, but finally saw some old fashioned Stones show fisticuffs in the Men's room Saturday! It didn't go very far -- the two guys fighting were so fucked up they couldn't have done much anyhow -- but it was fun knowing that you can still get yer nose bloodied at a Stones show!!

What I can't figure out is how the hell you can find something to fight about in the bathroom! Beer lines, near the stage, if someone's hittin' on yer "old lady" -- sure, makes complete sense. But in the pisser? I didn't notice any piss marks on either of the guys' legs -- I don't know....
10-07-02 05:36 PM
Miss U. Did you ask them, Nanker or offer your defense? lol.
10-07-02 05:42 PM
nankerphelge I turned around and this "big ugly" was putting a choke hold on a smaller guy and was getting ready to pop him one. Three other guys got between them and started pulling them apart. That was quite a dance on the piss-covered floor! The guy that was getting choked originally left so the big ugly started in with one of the guys that broke it up. At that point he got really agitated and the whole mass really started sliding around -- me and some other guys got in between and someone pulled the big ugly away and got the other guy outta the room. Another guy calmed big ugly down and he went on his way. It was pretty funny really!
10-07-02 06:03 PM
Sir Stonesalot HA! I can one up that, but you will have to wait for my Roseland write up tomorrow to find out about it.

Man, what a NIGHT that was....
10-07-02 06:16 PM
parmeda Nank, you're kidding! Six shows and you just now saw a fight...lol!
Hon, you should have been in Chicago...there was a nice brawl on the main floor right after the show opened! Security swooped those nasty bastards right outta the United Center in a heartbeat. It looked like a mosh pit at first until you saw people getting tossed like rag dolls. I know of two other fights that broke out in the section next to us, and those lovely darlings were shown where to catch the first CTA bus.

Short fuses here in the Windy City...go grocery shopping on a Saturday at high noon...bring a chair and make some popcorn, lol.
10-07-02 06:27 PM
nankerphelge I hadn't seen a fight at a show in a long time actually -- I figured NYC was a good bet -- but nothing. Saw two women going at it in DC in 94 -- that was exciting!
10-08-02 08:29 PM
jaggergurl the guy behind me at Fed Ex got the caca knocked out of him, after he punched a guy's wife in the face...on tumbling dice, second song of the night...and he was outta there! Literally!
10-08-02 08:43 PM
cherryred there was also a fight on ronnie's side at the aragon just as the stones came on...ruined the beginning for those of us standing there. Some drunk piece of shit just tried to plow his way to the front and pushed a young woman out of his way.
10-08-02 10:10 PM
MidnightRambler Yes! I was RIGHT there at the Aragon when that happened. This huge guy storms his way through right after the first chords of "Start Me Up"....he stood literally right in front of me. Everyone tried to calm him down his reply was: "F*CK OFF!". My friend who was w/ me--who is used to fights and mosh pits---started pointing to security gaurds to get him outta here. Someone tapped the guy on the shoulder and again said "Calm Down", I was real nervous he was gonna start something and me being right behind him was going to be in the middle of everything. Luckily he left by the time "Live With Me" was over....
10-08-02 11:37 PM
Sir Stonesalot OK, since I forgot to put this in my Roseland thing....

I saw A CHICK sucker punch a drunk guy at Roseland. He drunkenly staggered into her, then shoved her boyfriend. As soon as he turned his back, this chick just hauls off and whaps him in the back of the head.

Fuckin' fantastic. Just like everything else that night.
10-09-02 12:13 AM
gypsymofo60 Hahaha! That fucking Sonny Barger! He just wont grow up!
10-09-02 07:43 AM
cocksucker Whoe were actually fighting? JB and Fuji Joe?
10-09-02 08:03 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
cocksucker wrote:
Whoe were actually fighting? JB and Fuji Joe?

That reminds me, where is Fiji Joe?
10-09-02 08:07 AM
cocksucker probably in hospital
10-09-02 08:23 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
cocksucker wrote:
probably in hospital

Nah! Somehow I get the impression he'd be doin' the hospitalising, not the other way around, I'm usually pretty perceptive in such things.
10-09-02 12:14 PM
steel driving hammer I hate bully's.

Gimme Love.

Sounds strange as a far right winger, but it's true.
10-09-02 12:43 PM
quackenbush I picked a fight at the Vet, when a guy stood on his chair in front of me. After he got on his chair, I shoved him off.
Usually I'm a peaceful person, but I would never let anyone obstruct my ninety dollar view of the Stones.
10-09-02 01:32 PM
jb Atleast you did not get pissed on Nanker....by the way, what the fuck are you doing in the bathroom during a Stones concert....hold it in or wear depends!!!!!!!!!!
10-09-02 08:30 PM
Highwire Rob Speaking of concert fights. I heard that Mick was hit and cut on the face with a beer bottle once leaving a Pittsburgh venue (circa 1970's). Does anyone know if this is true? If it is, we Pittsburgh fans should be extra happy that the Stones still include our city on tours (next: 1/10/2003).

See ya!
10-09-02 09:05 PM
Joey " Atleast you did not get pissed on Nanker....by the way, what the fuck are you doing in the bathroom during a Stones concert....hold it in or wear depends!!!!!!!!!! "

No shit ........I never take a wee wee during a Stones show , not even when Keith sings .

I did take a pee during the middle of The Who concert last month ..........it was during " Sea and Sand " and I had a gallon of Killian 's Red in me ......Plus , I have a shy bladder as my Baby Steelie will attest to ......

Forget fights , did anyone ever make love during a Stones show ???? I wonder if anyone tried to " Dog " Howard Stern's old lady ??????????????

" Carly is going for the Matresses Ronnie "

{{{{ The Joey }}}}}

Kunta Joe