ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ford Field, October 12, 2002 by John F. Martin/AP
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Last nights crowd deserves an MCI show Return to archive
10-05-02 01:23 PM
DCStonesFan Last nights crowd blew me away! ENERGY! Most fun ive ever had at a stones show....and the most drunk too. Perhaps that has someting to do with it?!
10-05-02 02:25 PM
nankerphelge Absolutely -- great show -- awesome energy -- Mick was really into the show -- Lil' Red Rooster on the B -- outstanding!
10-05-02 03:59 PM
Boomhauer If you guys got CYHMK, then Detroit is going to have to get some sort of chestnut.

What would it be, though? Perhaps........Dance!
10-05-02 05:31 PM
riverrat I goddamned agree. Shit, I knew that the Stones were making good thier escape while the fireworks were going off...but I still stayed there and screemed my ass off because i was so drunk and it was so fun to screem like hell!
That place was full and the crowd was great.
10-08-02 09:21 AM
ShannonDC I haven't had access to my computer since before the show last Friday, so I'm a little late here. But I agree completely with you all - the crowd and mood in that monsterous stadium was great. People danced, the weather was beautiful, and the Stones played on the best stadium shows I've ever seen (and I've seen more stadium shows than I probably remember). Little Red Rooster was fantastic, as was CYHMK. So much for the know-it-alls who said they'd never play that for a stadium show.

I had just seen them at MSG the week before and despite the vast expanse of Fedex Field, the show was just as much fun (even without the extra Exile tracks).

If you're on the fence about going to a stadium show because, let's face it, you're too far away from the band and the sound often sucks (as it did occasionally on Friday night), forget all that and go. The Stones are the loosest since the 81 tour but they're mixing up the setlist and having a good time.
10-08-02 09:57 AM
Factory Girl DC totally deserves 2 MCI shows!! The crowd at Fed Ex was just beautiful! We in the DC area are an rowdy, drunken bunch...lol.

Btw-Hey Riverrat, it was nice to meet you. Love the shirt!!!
10-08-02 10:15 AM
jb I must apologize to all the Washington D.C. area Stones fans...50k plus is as good a crowd as they have had for a stadium show in the past few years..in fact, in some stadiums 50k is a sellout. Also, by all accounts, the attendees were the rowdiest stones fans so far! I regret any negative posts made about the Fed Ex show and want to personally apologize to FG,SirMoonie, Nanker, Rivverat, and other people in that area. "Peace unto you"
10-08-02 10:29 AM
nankerphelge No apology needed here -- I had my doubts about that crowd as well -- I was afraid the Stones would mail that one in -- but I must say that of the shows I've seen, DC was right up there -- same level of energy as Giants but with a slightly better set list! When you put it all together -- how energetic the band was, how into it the crowd was, and the music/sound -- DC was great!
10-08-02 10:47 AM
Factory Girl Maybe they'll add MCI in January. That would be great!! And no parking issues...lol.

jb, I feel a hug coming on.
10-08-02 12:02 PM
Joey " Jb, I feel a hug coming on. "

Factory Girl ......I would like to hug you tight and caress you with my erect nipples .

" Shall I put on Sticky Fingers she purred ? and I asked her to marry me Ronnie "

Kunta Joe {{{ TOBY JOEY !!!!! }}}}

( A young man who is a slave to the Stones )

10-08-02 12:09 PM
jb Joey, what was the name of the Lewis Gossette Jr. character who guided young Toby in roots? Wait...was'nt it Fidler?
10-08-02 12:12 PM
Joey " Joey, what was the name of the Lewis Gossette Jr. character who guided young Toby in roots? Wait...was'nt it Fidler? "

<------- Fidler ( SIC )

Thanks little buddy ...........

I don't know about all of that Josh , but don't you think Larry Hagman played one Hell of a role in " Mother , Jugs and Speed " ???????

Please........I's justs gots to know

Kunta ( circa 1977 )

" God I am hot today Ronnie "

10-09-02 01:09 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! I must say that of all the stadium shows that I've seen, this was one of the best, if not the best. The Stones are playing with that reckless abandonment that was the trademark of the early days. Warhorses, yes it was but they where played the way that they should be. For my money a stadium show with The Stones doesn't get any better.