ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ford Field, October 12, 2002 by John F. Martin/AP
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Licks will sell more than 300.000 copies in the US in his first week Return to archive
10-05-02 12:16 PM
licksforme This is an extract of the Billboard Magazine:

Kelly Clarkson logs her second week at No. 1 on the Hot 100 with "A Moment Like This" (RCA). The single moved another 146,000 units for a two-week total of 382,000, already the biggest selling single of the year. The track is featured on the "American Idol" compilation album that will debut on The Billboard 200 next week. It should make for an interesting battle for No. 1 as the collection tries to take on Elvis as well as the Rolling Stones. Released Tuesday, the latter's double-disc "Forty Licks" (ABKCO/Virgin) is expected to sell upwards of 300,000 copies in its first week.

Here the complete link
http://www.billboard.com/billboard/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1732610

In the UK the album will debut tomorow at #2 I think
10-05-02 12:46 PM
scrotum c10 home Great...looks like it may go gold!!!
10-05-02 01:05 PM
Moonisup !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They kick ass!!
10-05-02 03:46 PM
Boomhauer I can't believe it! American Idol vs. The Rolling STones?
What a joke.

That guy that looks like Sideshow Bob makes me wanna vomit. SO does that Kelly chick. Fuck American Idol; piece of trash show doesn't deserve that type of title. It makes America look bad, I tell ya.
10-05-02 04:03 PM
lucasd4 VOODOO LOUNGE was kept out of the #1 spot by the LION KING SOUNDTRACK....now that stupid AMERICAN IDOL crap will probably keep LICKS out of the top spot
10-08-02 02:29 PM
egon
quote:
lucasd4 wrote:
VOODOO LOUNGE was kept out of the #1 spot by the LION KING SOUNDTRACK....now that stupid AMERICAN IDOL crap will probably keep LICKS out of the top spot

the question is; who still listens to the lion king?

once read something like;
"the stones may have never been the most popular act around at any given moment, but they have always been there".