ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ford Field, October 12, 2002 by John F. Martin/AP
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Just got my Fleet Center Boot ..... Return to archive
10-04-02 12:56 PM
Joey .......in the mail !

Damn good .

I sincerely believe that the Rolling Stones should release a live version of " Love Train " .

All agree ?????

Man that track gets your young Joey all excited and happy and dancing around the Casa something fierce .

" Can't you hear me Knocking " absolutely rocks !!!! Ronnie just nails the solo and it looks like all of my " Replace Ronnie with Mick Taylor " scared the piss out of him .

Bunny
10-04-02 01:24 PM
steel driving hammer How's the sound?

Haven't got it yet you bastard.

Got a seat for me in Denver? Cool!
10-04-02 06:02 PM
Joey " Got a seat for me in Denver? Cool! "

See ya there babe !!!!!!!

Steelie ............I just love your new Avatar ......isn't that Kendell Jackson Cabernet Sauvignon 1997 Grand Reserve ?????

I thought so ...................

" Shall I put on ' Sticky Fingers ' she purred ? and I begged her to marry me Ronnie "

{{{{ JOEY !!!!! }}}}}

10-04-02 06:08 PM
Moonisup STH I like wine

yeah let's make a love train
10-04-02 06:23 PM
Miss U. Don't let Woody see your avatar, SDH!!!
10-06-02 07:22 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

I sincerely believe that the Rolling Stones should release a live version of " Love Train " .

All agree ?????

Hey, stealing from Max is all well and good, but when and if the Stones release "Love Train" as a single, _I_ want credit for that. I said that a couple of weeks ago. I guess that means I agree - all 3 times I saw them do it the entire crowd immediately started laughing joyously, dancing and singing along. Even people like me who don't like the O'Jays.

It's a natural.

WHY don't the Stones know what to release as a single? B2B might've turned out far differently if they hadn't led off with ASMB. THAT shoulda been a b-side. And "Love Train" beats "Don't Stop", which should've been on "Goddess in the Doorway", which shouldn't have been released at all.
10-07-02 09:25 AM
Joey " But when and if the Stones release "Love Train" as a single, _I_ want credit for that. I said that a couple of weeks ago. "

Fleabit , you make Joey say ................Huh ???

Are you going to see the Stones with me in Denver ????

Rocky Mountain High for sure .

{{{{{ JOEY !!!! }}}}}

10-07-02 11:11 PM
FTELE52 In the process of burning the Fleet boot for the leaves on my branch. Couldn't help but notice that it runs a bit fast resulting in everything being 1/2 step higher in key. For the simplest example, Honky Tonk the classic open G tune is in the key of Ab instead of G. Anyone else pick up on this and is this from due a problem with the source mini-disk?
10-08-02 04:56 AM
cabledogg2 Hey Everyone,How do i get a copy? i've put my name on two tree's and no one ever got back to me, i sure would love to get a copy. I have no problem burning some and mailing out, you can contact me at [email protected] thanks........Scott
10-08-02 07:37 AM
Factory Girl Hey, I love "LOve Train"!! Didn't think I would like it initially, but the Boys proved me wrong.

If Steelie and Joey are doing Denver, I want to come!!! I want to dance to Love Train with my Stud Muffin and my Joey Muffin.

FPM-I like Don't Stop, but Love Train is off the charts! They should have put it on 40 Licks, and released it as a single.
10-08-02 08:03 AM
Maxlugar "Hey, stealing from Max is all well and good"

It is?

No it is not!
10-08-02 12:09 PM
Joey " If Steelie and Joey are doing Denver, I want to come!!! I want to dance to Love Train with my Stud Muffin and my Joey Muffin. "

This is great news my Princess ................. The Pepsi Center calls out to you like the Sirens upon the rocks .

Factory Girl ........have you ever seen " The Deer Hunter " ??????

We can make it baby -- you and me and SDH .

YES !!!!

Skittles Joey

10-08-02 01:06 PM
steel driving hammer Joey! I have a ticket for you for Detroit!

They're great $150.00 seats too!

All you have to do is bring some Nanky style chiba.

And your orange speedo.
10-08-02 01:29 PM
Factory Girl LOl, Steelie! Are you having a Howe Academy flashback??? The Joey, watch your back-literally!!
10-08-02 01:35 PM
steel driving hammer Just sitting here thinking Factory Girl...

You are a nice person, always have been.

May I spread butter on your muffin?

10-08-02 01:40 PM
Joey " May I spread butter on your muffin? "

<------ No , but talk about flashbacks :

www.HoweMilitary.com

I see it little buddy . My Baby Steelie and I are going to the class reunion next spring ...........

" Butter THIS Ronnie "

Kunta

10-08-02 01:43 PM
steel driving hammer That school was so full of shit!

You had to kiss everyone's ass to get ahead!

Everyone was all in identical little boxes.

Just like that Muswell Song from The Kinks!

10-08-02 01:47 PM
Factory Girl When I see you boys discussing Howe Academy and butter- I think of George Michael-yikes!!

"Tell me it isn't so Ronnie"
10-08-02 01:57 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Yes, this boot is indeed half-a-step too high - I am preparing for a loooong weekend soon when I shall be remastering this sucker for widespread Rocks Off release.

-tSYX --- C'mon ev'rybody! Hold hands!
10-08-02 02:31 PM
sirmoonie Muswell Hillbillies got remastered and has two bonus songs. They are both exceptional and fit right in with that little masterpiece from the Kinks.
10-08-02 02:44 PM
Joey " Just like that Muswell Song from The Kinks! "

Steelie ............

My favorite Kinks song is the one they played on the Sopranos LAST year ( season ) ......I forget the title now ....damn !

Anyway , even Pete Townshend said that Ray Davies was a better writer than himself ......Hmmmmmmmmmm ! Must have been drunk -- just teasing !

Kunta

10-08-02 03:03 PM
steel driving hammer Yer right Moonie about that Muswell Album.

Ain't one of the bonus songs Mountain Woman?

Great album, start to finish...

21st Paranoia.
10-08-02 03:23 PM
jb Please post the lyrics to "Let it Rock"...I want to be able to sing all the words as my new stereo version kicks royal ass!!!!!
10-08-02 03:32 PM
Joey Your wish is my command oh ye of the Persian lineage .............

Let It Rock
(Chuck Berry)

" In the heat of the day down in Mobile, Alabama
Working on the railroad with the steel driving hammer
Gotta make some money to buy some brand new shoes
Tryin' to find somebody to take away these blues
"She don't love me" hear them singing in the sun
Payday's coming and my work is all done

Later in the evening when the sun is sinking low
All day I been waiting for the whistle to blow
Sitting in a teepee built right on the tracks
Rolling them bones until the foreman comes back
Pick up you belongings boys and scatter about
We've got an off-schedule train comin? two miles about

Everybody's scrambling, running around
Picking up their money, tearing the teepee down
Foreman wants to panic, ?bout to go insane
Trying to get the workers out the way of the train
Engineer blows the whistle loud and long
Can't stop the train, gotta let it roll on "

Kunta Joey

10-08-02 03:57 PM
sirmoonie Mountain Woman and Kentucky Moon, I believe.

Excellent new liner notes too.

Its only music, only jukebox music.

10-08-02 04:07 PM
steel driving hammer "Spread cream cheese all over my scrotum and spank me w/ a butter knife while I listen to you play Can't You Hear Me Knocking better than Taylor ever did"

Fucking nice!

Love the extended Ronnie Be Goode jam, man he puts his heart into it!

Luchiano Pava Ronnie!!!

Mobile Alabma.