ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ford Field, October 12, 2002 by John F. Martin/AP
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: You wanna laugh out loud? Read this!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
10-02-02 05:39 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
jb wrote:
I hope that prick dies!!!!
!
[Edited by jb]

real classy statement
10-02-02 06:44 PM
gypsy Well, jb isn't exactly known for his couth around here...
10-02-02 06:53 PM
egon jeeeez!!!!!

this thread is getting even worse than listening to an actual aerosmith record...

10-02-02 06:56 PM
egon Ok, that last post was a lie.

I actually am the proud owner of 4 (yes four,!) aerosmith records!

So jb�.. BRING IT ON !

few tips; not married, no kids, and obviously no clue. Like the beatles though�
10-02-02 07:12 PM
luridchief Who's stronger? JB, Nellcote or The Hulk?
10-02-02 07:21 PM
~AzQb [quote]egon wrote:
Ok, that last post was a lie.

I actually am the proud owner of 4 (yes four,!) aerosmith records!

...even ~zQ has Rocks and Toys inTheAttic {and maybe even Get Your Wings} gathering dust ) somewhere...

Nothing to be ashamed of THEN. It's liking them for the past ten years that's pitiful ; )

~RoTfL
10-02-02 07:29 PM
Nellcote WOOOO HOOOO!!

I've hit the big time!

Compared to the HULK, Yeah, Lou Ferrigno was a great actor!

10-02-02 07:29 PM
egon oeps...
10-02-02 08:54 PM
Mickjagger1963 Aerosmith who?>

lol
10-02-02 09:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot Joey Kramer? Aerosmith?

Who the fuck are they?

Whatever.
10-03-02 04:25 AM
F505 Aerosmith?? I don't know that band either. Maybe they're famous in the States but in Europe they're not well known. So how can they be the successors of the greatest rock 'n roll band in the WORLD?
I once saw a picture of their singer, a man who tries his best to look like Mick Jagger. That says it all.
10-03-02 04:32 AM
Cant Catch Me So what if his arm is dismembered, BFD, I'm sure they can reattach it these days. They sewed that John Wayne Bobbit's dick back on didn't they, and that has to be harder than doing an arm? They would have to contend with the cigarette burns, though, but I think they could handle it, I'm sure Aerosmith has pretty good health insurance.

Maybe they could make him an even better drummer, with more power, at least on that one side, like the Six Million Dollar Man. You know, that was at least twenty years ago and even back then they had the brains, they had the technology and I guess they even had the six million. Kramer must have at least that much.

So rip his arm off, WTF, I don't think it would matter much, just don't do a lot of damage to the major blood vessels or tendons, try to preserve most of the muscle mass and please keep the cig burns to a minimum.
10-03-02 11:03 AM
jb Thanks "Can't catch me"....
10-03-02 11:15 AM
David aerosmith is an embarrassment. not only are they an embarrassment but they are a cliche, an anachronism. One can't help but think of them as the american version of spinal tap.
10-03-02 06:02 PM
stonesmik Alright, no question Aerosmith have tried to copy the Stones, they have tried to sound like the Stones, Steve Tyler still tries to look like Mick Jagger 1972 and they did their best songs all way back when. But saying this there is also some similarity between these two groups, the Aerosmith just riding a much smaller wave. They are always there when the Stones ain't nowhere. They are like a parody of the Stones - like some overdone Rolling Stones. They're just doing what the Faces did in Britain in the 1970s and in the end the Stones have stolen their guitarist. Nowadays I see some bigmouth has released some sort of solo album with some guy who tried to look like Keith Richards. The guy played guitar on "Everybody gettin' high" and " "Too far gone". Hm, let me think, what does this mean? I'm quite sure Steve Tyler didn't like that too much, and Keith wouldn't even touch his guitar with Steve being the singer.

Bands like the Faces, the J. Geils Band, Aerosmith and the Black Crowes were once called "the poor man's Rolling Stones" and that's just what they are. Nothing more, nothing less. But still better than Cliff Richard, Paul McCartney, Michael Jackson, U2 and the like.

10-03-02 08:03 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Whoa...

So I think Aerosmith sucks...

But I agree with Nellcote on this one...

jb - buddy, pal, friend. We've been through this *God knows* how many times. I'm having serious doubts about you being a lawyer at all (or at least a good one), the way you carry on!

Now, I don't like Aerosmith. At all. In fact, I think they're as close as you can get to the bottom of the barrel without actually using surgical gloves and so forth.

But what business is it of ours if someone else does? Great! So they do! They're more than entitled to their opinion - and the fact that every time a band you don't like is mentioned you shoot off at them has gone from tolerated to angering to outright unacceptable.

I was helpin' you out with the guitar chords earlier today, trying to be friendly, and noticing that you'd really gotten better at this whole "don't make other people pissed off just to get attention" deal. But it's just gotten really bad, man. Like, bad enough that I'm really gettin' fed up with it. No anger, no violent outbursts... just sick and tired of it.

In another post, you kiss up to Doug, saying that he's been kind to you for protecting you from the 'intolerance' of his board members - jb, man, listen to you! Intolerance is your middle name! Last time I had to talk to you about this, it was for saying that "All Beatles fans should be smoked out like the Taliban from their caves"! And, being a frequent reader of Doug's board, I can say that you give as good as you get on that charge, man. You, the perfect lawyer, plead to the next highest power, saying "Oh, look, moderator/administrator/oldtimeronnaboard, look at what these heathens are doing to me! And I'm your *friend*!" It's sickening, the way you behave, and with *children*? What kind of role model are you? Do you have a secret life of compassion outside of this board, and you just use us here to take out your frustration? God, I hope that's true.

It used to be amusing, especially with people who were just downright nasty - you usually had to be provoked into it. But you started peppering your comments with things like "People who like The Beatles suck" or subtle little remarks like that, just to get a rise out of people. It got nasty. And then, sure enough, not funny. I just started ignoring it after awhile. You like to fight with people. It gives you pleasure - that's why you're a lawyer. You try and make people snap, then you cry wolf, getting everyone you can snuggle up with to 'take your side', somehow vindicating you in some pointless power struggle. You think you 'win' or 'lose' these things. Well, news flash, pal, from the voice of inexperience - it don't mean shit on the cosmic scheme of things.

I notice you never mock The Who or Jeff Beck, even though you say it's a 'Stones Board and anyone who likes other bands should get out', because you don't want to lose Joey or Maxy as supporters. You always tell Moonisup exactly who's bugging you and why, and how defenseless you feel. MUppie feels actual compassion for you, man. How could you do that? Just use him like that? I let it slide through all these posts, after all, he's a nice guy, isn't he? But you just wind him up, make yourself the opressed to get his support. Now, with people like cocksucker, who was being a bit of a bitch earlier today (but turned out all right), that's fine, and he was bein' a bit mean. But with other people who just simply disagree about your musical tastes, you're being really heartless.

So jb, from me to you (hah! Beatles song!), pal, I'm sick of it. Really, honest-to-god sick of it. And what makes me so sad about it is the fact that you'll do all the things I said above to let yourself 'win' this arguement. Well, I challenge you to this, man.

Don't respond to this message.

Go on your Private Messaging system, PM me, and we'll talk this over in private, like civil human beings, without an audience. OK? That way, no 'wins', no 'losses', no public spectacle. I just want an honest discussion with you so I don't have to have this discussion again, and get back to talkin' about the Greatest Rock'n'roll band in the world...

...The Rolling Stones!

-tSYX.
10-03-02 08:12 PM
Maxlugar I think everything sucks beside the things I like.

Case is solved!

Go Maxy!

:P :P
:P
:P

That many moods of Maxy!

10-03-02 08:13 PM
Maxlugar Oops,

I meant:

Sprinkle some of those throughout the above post.
10-03-02 08:14 PM
Maxlugar Oh forget it!
10-03-02 08:20 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Oh forget it!

I shall!

Watch this!

*fuzzzzz*

What were we talking about?

-tSYX --- Y'better get some sleep tonight...
10-03-02 08:42 PM
ChrisEditor JB,

Since you didn't see anyone else asking you to leave this board, consider this a second request.
Your asinine comments in Shidoobeeland have already proven you are an idiot and helped make reading and posting there less enjoyable for many.
I know you'll be at the same Miami show I'll attend (hey, what are the latest numbers on tickets sold??--Christ, NO ONE cares) and I'm sure I'll see you. You'll be the guy sitting in a section all by himself because you'll have alienated everyone around you by the time the show starts.
10-03-02 08:55 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
ChrisEditor wrote:
JB,

Since you didn't see anyone else asking you to leave this board, consider this a second request.

Hey, man, that's not OK.

You don't like jb, that's fine. But it's not right to ask *anyone* to leave the board. The thing I love about this board is that we may get really nasty with each other but most of us (jb, you are excluded from this list!) never sink to the level of "get out". You have a problem, you take it up with the administrators of the board, tell them your reasoning, and let them decide.

I'm not defending jb in particular - I'm defending the board in general. We can't pick and choose - the internet is free space. Let's just get along with each other as best we can, huh?

-tSYX --- But don't play with me...
10-03-02 09:30 PM
ChrisEditor Yeah, you're right...If I don't like it I can just leave...I'm just sick of the venom-spewing, you know?
10-03-02 09:35 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
ChrisEditor wrote:
Yeah, you're right...If I don't like it I can just leave...I'm just sick of the venom-spewing, you know?

I hear ya, man, me too.

But everyone's got a right to speak - and it's not our place to choose who comes here. If you're really angry about it, take it up with one of the Unholy Trinity. They're all wonderful people and I'm sure they'll give you an ear.

-tSYX --- You gotta hide your love...
10-04-02 09:56 AM
jb Try to post b/t 9-5 EST as I cannot respond after these hrs...I also disagree that I have started any fights lately..have you seen posts by "cocksucker", Half Moon, etc...some really nasty stuff, but i guess my reputation precedes me at this point. The only thing controversial at all that I post is about AeroSmith and ticket sales...I don't find that terribly objectionable....I think you know that I am , like most here, a Stones fanatic...Next to my family, nothing is really more important to me and thus, when a prick like Joey Kramer makes such a stupid fucking statement, dam right I am going to say some pretty ugly things about him..it's like ethnic jokes...we, as fans, can poke fun at the stones, but if an outsider does, it's unacceptable...do I really want Joey Krammer to suffer?..I can't really answer that right now as I am still very outraged by his comments...Aa far as being alone at the Stones concert, the guy is probably correct..most morons that attend these shows, particularly in the expensive seats where I will be, could give 2 shits about the Stones..they are only there for the event..
[Edited by jb]
10-04-02 11:30 AM
cocksucker some really nasty stuff? Where are you talking about my good fellow?
10-04-02 11:31 AM
jb Not nasty to me..but certainly objectionable to MOonisup..LOL...
10-04-02 11:34 AM
cocksucker I only take tea at three
10-04-02 01:26 PM
Boomhauer I was pondering on whether or not to by a Aerosmith ticket for $35 for a show in December. $35 is the cheapest, so that's all I would pay.

I really can't find a reason to buy one. I like some of their songs, but I simply can't find a reason to buy one. Can someone tell me if it is worth my money to go see Aerosmith?

It would be much appreciated.

Boom9er
10-04-02 01:43 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Boomhauer -

Honestly, I can't see a reason other than the comparatively low price. While I like small pieces of Aerosmith's very early career, their modern stuff has tanked worse than the media percieves the Stones to have gone - and they've gotten away with it by selling out to MTV and the glamour of life - just as the media constantly accuses the Stones of doing (because they *won't*). Aerosmith are conformers, and I could see them as openers at a Stadium for the Stones, at best.

So honestly, I don't think it's a good plan - save your money and put it in a pile for "saving up to go see the Stones in the nosebleed section somewhere". But it's all a matter of personal taste. I loved McCartney's concert because he did all his songs as rock'n'rollers, even "Maybe I'm Amazed". Aerosmith gets more and more balladistic & poppy as they go along.

-tSYX --- If I was a policician, I'd make sure I was a snappy dancer...
Page: 1 2 3