ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Soldier Field, Chicago- October 11, 2006
© Parmeda, thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bomb Scare anniversary Return to archive
6th October 2006 10:55 PM
tookthatname wow it's been a year tonight since the stones had the bomb scare show. and thoughts or rememberencaes
6th October 2006 11:01 PM
pdog Fiji was at that show, and if I remember correctly his brother in-law(or somebody he was with) fell and smashed there face up... They didn't do Keith' set...
It's been a year, time flies!
6th October 2006 11:08 PM
tookthatname yeah, by the way happy bithday, pdog.

I remembered the date of bomb scare cause tommorrow is mine. That show went late enough that I missed having a birthday show online by like 10 minutes
7th October 2006 04:17 AM
MikeyC613 I was there, fuckin shame about the bomb. They were rollin with Sweet VA and All Down the Line. Keith got axed, Rambler kicked ass, the Stones made amends.

During the 45 minute wait, the entire stadium did the wave. Everybody. Charlotsville was really appreciative to have the greatest in their college town that night. One of the cooler concert shirts of the tour as well. That show was the bomb.
7th October 2006 09:34 AM
tookthatname I was in the shidoobee chat room when stonedoug reported that Ronnie was sick. we heard Ronnie left the stage for a few seconds and came back and said something to Mick and they split. I was so relieved when we heard it was just a bomb.
[Edited by tookthatname]
7th October 2006 08:01 PM
Paranoid_Android I recall the strange ending to Midnite...like Keef & Ronnie wanted to do another round or something...Mick was not pleased!!! I also recall Mick blaming himself for the delay in the show!!

The rain felt nice...and looked great during midnite as well.
7th October 2006 08:02 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
MikeyC613 wrote:
I was there, fuckin shame about the bomb. They were rollin with Sweet VA and All Down the Line. Keith got axed, Rambler kicked ass, the Stones made amends.

During the 45 minute wait, the entire stadium did the wave. Everybody. Charlotsville was really appreciative to have the greatest in their college town that night. One of the cooler concert shirts of the tour as well. That show was the bomb.

MUCH longer than 45 min if I recall...
7th October 2006 10:38 PM
tumbled I was there in the 8th row. I was ill and it was very very humid. I bought stonesdoug's seat, b/c he won onstage seats. Just about at song 4, Mick went off stage and while he was gone, Ronnie started hamming up on his side I think in retrospect trying to entertain the crowed during the silence and then Mick came back to the mike and said I am very sorry we have been told to take a break, like he didn't really want to, and then the lights went up and everyone went running off stage right and were taken in cars out of the venue, then bomb sniffing dogs went back and forth on the stage and I kept thinking, if there's a bomb, then by dam get those amps and ampegs off the stage you guys!!! After all the bomb scares in downtown dc where I work, this was sort of oh no not again b.s. it was a beautiful place to see the stones, at my old alma mater still I thought the crowd was a bit stuffy.
[Edited by tumbled]
8th October 2006 11:52 AM
danielharris627 Thats an interesting story, tumbling! :P
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)