ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Soldier Field, Chicago- October 11, 2006
© Parmeda, thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 25 X 5 Return to archive
6th October 2006 09:04 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Maybe the Stones are ready for a decent new documentary.
(Scorcese????) I liked 25 X 5 ok bit it really didn't dig all that deep....probably because the Stones themselves were too involved in it?????
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
6th October 2006 10:47 AM
Honky Tonk Man 25x5 is great and I actually think its pretty decent overview from 62-89, but yes, it'd be great if we had another. The Let It Bleed documentary which spans their career up to 2002 is currently the best we have.

I have'nt seen it. I'm waiting for someone to send me a copy!
6th October 2006 02:24 PM
lotsajizz this band is SORELY in need of an updated/definitive documentary box set...
6th October 2006 02:25 PM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
this band is SORELY in need of an updated/definitive documentary box set...

Hi Jizzy .
6th October 2006 02:28 PM
Some Guy This band needs an enema.
6th October 2006 02:34 PM
sammy davis jr. ....and some plastic surgery
6th October 2006 02:36 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
....and some plastic surgery

See RS photo of Bob Dylan. Dudes face is way to tight for an old guy.
7th October 2006 01:47 PM
Soldatti 25x5 is great, but the name should be 28x5 (the Stones started in 1962, released in January 1990)
7th October 2006 02:09 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
25x5 is great, but the name should be 28x5 (the Stones started in 1962, released in January 1990)

LOL. I never noticed that before. Too funny. Keith probably isn't that good at math.

This is the best documentary about the stones ever, the definitive one in my opinion. A great balance of musical footage - audio and visual - and reasonably revealing and truthful comments by all band members.

I'd like to see a 2006 equivalent, but I have a feeling it would be much more guarded, less honest, more self-advertising. I'd love to be proven wrong. There's a lot to show and say about the Voodoo through ABB era!!
7th October 2006 02:37 PM
gustavobala i watch once time a month...every month!!!!

and i don´t stay tired....a great documentary...so great!
7th October 2006 04:55 PM
Gazza
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

LOL. I never noticed that before. Too funny. Keith probably isn't that good at math.

More likely the American production team who seem to date it from the Stones first trip to the US (even though the documentary acknowledges the band's origins prior to that date)

quote:
This is the best documentary about the stones ever, the definitive one in my opinion. A great balance of musical footage - audio and visual - and reasonably revealing and truthful comments by all band members.

Its excellent, but "Let It Bleed" is much superior IMO. Probably because its not an "in house" production, although it does use a reasonable amount of official interview clips (some of which are taken from "25 x 5")

quote:
I'd like to see a 2006 equivalent, but I have a feeling it would be much more guarded, less honest, more self-advertising. I'd love to be proven wrong. There's a lot to show and say about the Voodoo through ABB era!!

Thats the problem in a nutshell. Team Stones, Inc. have developed a more protective, revisionist and guarded take on the band's history in recent years. You only need look at the cover of 'Rarities' as an example and their decision to use a photo that had Bill Wyman in it but which saw him airbrushed out.
7th October 2006 04:58 PM
Gazza
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

See RS photo of Bob Dylan. Dudes face is way to tight for an old guy.

If Dylan has had plastic surgery, the photos in the inner sleeve of the CD/DVD version of his new album would suggest he asks for his money back. No way has he had plastic surgery. The photo below is down more to the lighting (look how dark the area around his nose is) than anything else.
[Edited by Gazza]
8th October 2006 03:09 AM
Bruno
25x5. Lots of wonderful footage and comments, but my favourite bit is still Mick and Keith with guitars working in Mixed Emotions. Keith showing Mick how it goes and "singing" with the cigarette in his mouth, I always smile seeing that. Simple and very cool.
8th October 2006 10:13 AM
Olompali Agreed..with Dylan, it is the mask of makeup, lighting etc.
He ain't plastic.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)