ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Soldier Field, Chicago- October 11, 2006
© Parmeda, thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith claims there could be a new Stones album in 2007 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
5th October 2006 12:02 PM
Green Tea According to Rolling Stone. Keith Richards says there is "quite probably" going to be a new Stones record next year.

The article also says the tour may continue next year. But, Jagger "doesn't want to spend the whole year doing shows"

The article also implies that Jagger has no idea what Richards is talking about, in regards to a new Stones record in 2007.

Anybody know if there is anything behind Keith's new album statement?
[Edited by Green Tea]
5th October 2006 12:07 PM
glencar New live thing again?
5th October 2006 12:07 PM
jb Most of us here feel this is unlikely and unwelcomed. ABB was both a creative and commecial failure.
5th October 2006 12:08 PM
glencar Bite your thong!
5th October 2006 12:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
According to Rolling Stone. Keith Richards says there is "quite probably" going to be a new Stones record next year.

The article also says the tour may continue next year. But, Jagger "doesn't want to spend the whole year doing shows"

The article also implies that Jagger has no idea what Richards is talking about, in regards to a new Stones record in 2007.

[Edited by Green Tea]

Dont Beleive it. Keith is typically the last person in the Stones camp made aware of future plans, and would be informed when Chuck and Mick felt it was best.
5th October 2006 12:33 PM
Soldatti Ronnie said in September 2002 that the new album would be out in 2003, great prediction.
I only trust in Mick's words here, he writes all the songs now.
5th October 2006 12:34 PM
glencar Sage words...
5th October 2006 12:36 PM
Dan
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
According to Rolling Stone. Keith Richards says there is "quite probably" going to be a new Stones record next year.

I don't think there is necessarily a contradiction between Mick and Keith's statements. Maybe Keith just doesn't know next year is 2007.
5th October 2006 12:40 PM
PeerQueer ...such is the word coming from on high.

The poke at Keith not knowing it was 2007 did make me smile though.
5th October 2006 12:41 PM
glencar So there will be a new studio album next year?
jb Keith and Mick have no r/s outside that 1hr 58 minutes on stage. They are not friends, collaborators, or even remotely connected these days. mick alienated Keith in the gay 80's, and keith, like a hurt puppy, has been taking snipes at him ever since. face it folks-they despise each other.
Some Guy will there be a next year?
5th October 2006 12:42 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
Keith and Mick have no r/s outside that 1hr 58 minutes on stage. They are not friends, collaborators, or even remotely connected these days. mick alienated Keith in the gay 80's, and keith, like a hurt puppy, has been taking snipes at him ever since. face it folks-they despise each other.

No, I've seen genuine affection on stage & as we know, Mick is not THAT good an actor!
5th October 2006 12:51 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
glencar wrote:
No, I've seen genuine affection on stage & as we know, Mick is not THAT good an actor!

______--

Well said!

The two gents are still close. Keith now willingly allows Mick and Co. to control almost all business dealings. He is quite lazy about such matters - and knows it is a necessary concession that nets him millions very year.

As for the art though, Keith still takes an active role, therein creating the artistic conflicts that have existed since the late 60's between the two. I would grant that all albums since Dirty Work are more influenced by Mick than Keith...thus the reason why they don't hold up as well to the era when Keith was the dominant artistic contributor.

I have seen the affection between the two on stage as well...it is quite genuine, and in fact appears much closer in recent years. (During Steel Wheels the two were still rather chilled...)

As for new album in the latter half of 2007 ...it is a distinct possibility.

That's the word...
5th October 2006 12:53 PM
jb Affection being that limp wristed thing Keith and Mick do during intros? Face the music, they despise and loathe one another.
[Edited by jb]
5th October 2006 12:56 PM
glencar "Face the music"? LOL
PeerQueer
quote:
jb wrote:
Affection being that limp wristed thing Keith and Mick do during intros? Face the music, they despise and loathe one another.
[Edited by jb]

Sometimes you are too adorable!
Some Guy I'm simply exhausted.
5th October 2006 12:57 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
"Face the music"? LOL

Black chicks love long sexual sessions.
5th October 2006 01:00 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

I would grant that all albums since Dirty Work are more influenced by Mick than Keith...thus the reason why they don't hold up as well to the era when Keith was the dominant artistic contributor.

I really get annoyed when people claim Keith was the more important contributor during the Stones' golden years. Yes, Exile is predominantly a Keith album, but Sticky Fingers is predominantly a Mick album. Mick needed Keith and Keith needed Mick, the Stones would not have been as great as they were without one or the other.
5th October 2006 01:01 PM
jb Mick and Keith have not has a serious working r/s since 81. They do not call upon one another socially, and it is well known that they tolerate each other for the $$$$$$. There is no love, friendship, or even fond memories left.
5th October 2006 01:03 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Steamboat Bill, Jr. wrote:

I really get annoyed when people claim Keith was the more important contributor during the Stones' golden years. Yes, Exile is predominantly a Keith album, but Sticky Fingers is predominantly a Mick album. Mick needed Keith and Keith needed Mick, the Stones would not have been as great as they were without one or the other.

I won't argue your point.

Keith was the artistic foundation though during the "Golden era" as you put it, at least sound-wise.

Mick handled the image, as all great front men do, though at that time Keith was coming into his own as well.

But yes, both complimented the other quite nicely which made for some amazing music.

5th October 2006 01:06 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
jb wrote:

This is true...

It is equally true that the brothers don't like to go down, making for many sexually frustrated black women.

I do love exotic women...
5th October 2006 01:19 PM
Dan
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

This is true...

It is equally true that the brothers don't like to go down, making for many sexually frustrated black women.

I do love exotic women...

Hmmmm, learn something new every day. However, I don't know any black chicks and as far as I know there are none in Burbank.
5th October 2006 01:26 PM
MrPleasant Did Keith claim that while he was sitting on that tree?
5th October 2006 01:29 PM
voodoopug I am told that the holiday cards exchanged by Mick and Keith have been sent from an assistant and with no actual writing, all pre ordered "generic" cards.

You will not see them in the hotel bar's together. Mick has a more elite crowd to hang around with whilst Keith prefers to stay away from the threatening public.

Thankfully the numbers are large enough where they can smile and hold hands during band intros.
5th October 2006 01:33 PM
Some Guy Will there be a new VoodooPugs album?
5th October 2006 01:35 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

The only "black chicks" i know now are quite heavy & I wouldn't be interested in them as they are quite uppity.
5th October 2006 01:37 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Will there be a new VoodooPugs album?

ask them, but I do not think they have any immediate plans in place for any recording sessions/gigs
5th October 2006 01:38 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
The only "black chicks" i know now are quite heavy & I wouldn't be interested in them as they are quite uppity.

I banged several black chicks in college and they enjoyed the
process of sustained love making. I remeber the last time, we had about 30 minutes of straight fucking, and honestly, I was tired.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)