ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Soldier Field, Chicago- October 11, 2006
© Parmeda, thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BEACON Tix $35 & $50: From IORR Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
5th October 2006 09:08 PM
Lethargy So the Stones are selling tickets cheap at *ONE* concert?

Big freaking WHOOP!

Let's consider why this is a lame cynical attempt by cohl/stones/mick/whoever to pretend this tour is a bargain. For one, this is after literally all preceding shows (mainly stadiums) were $100-$600$.

Plus, only a few thousand will go to this one "cheap" show, so it's not like they're giving up much.

If they announced a WHOLE TOUR where seats are $40-$50 bucks, then I'd be impressed.
6th October 2006 03:50 AM
jostorm Herr Gazza : may I use your

"Ficken sie, jostorm, werden sie?"

as my signature????

monkey_man:sorry, but still no luck, my Outlook Express has not received an email from an address I could answer to without getting a delivery failure. Or do you mean the PMs on this site??? (not sure how it works, and I won't be able to look into it until I've finished work today, it's only 9am but my workload already looks like the proverbial Friday from hell at the coalface, not to mention any emergencies turning up out of the blue...)

[Edited by jostorm]
6th October 2006 06:52 AM
Gazza Johanna

On the main page of the message board, just below the pic of Brian Jones you'll see a link for 'private messages'. Click on it and (assuming you have set your options in your profile to enable you to receive them) you'll be able to view any pm's youve received.

You're most 'wilkommen' to use that line as a signature. I only hope I got the grammar right
6th October 2006 07:00 AM
jostorm Gazza: no, the Grammar is a hoot, but then "fuck you, will ya?" really seems untranslatable into German.....
And thanks kindly for the PM tuition. I've just changed the PM option on my profile from "no" to "yes, receive", so what next? How and where do I check them???
6th October 2006 07:03 AM
jostorm Duh! just found them, Dear Lord, it does help when you put your specs on...

By the way, Gazza. Raconteurs Manchester Academy Sunday 15th October. Got spare ticket, guestroom at your disposal, as ever....
6th October 2006 07:08 AM
justinkurian jostorm,

I sent a PM and an email over to you...Your proposition has me curious. Thanks.
6th October 2006 07:21 AM
jostorm Sorry, Boys, I hadn't figured out the whole PM thing on this board, I've just answered, good job that despite not being blonde I can at least copy and paste....
6th October 2006 07:33 AM
Gazza
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Duh! just found them, Dear Lord, it does help when you put your specs on...

By the way, Gazza. Raconteurs Manchester Academy Sunday 15th October. Got spare ticket, guestroom at your disposal, as ever....

Thanks for the offer. Cant make it unfortunately. They actually played here a few weeks ago, but I was in London at the same time seeing some other little known beat combo playing on their 'home turf'.....

Only 5 weeks to my next 'road trip', which is Lucinda Williams in Manchester, however. That should be fun. See you then !
[Edited by Gazza]
6th October 2006 03:13 PM
Paranoid_Android I am seeing Rancantours in Novenber...opening up for Bob Dylan...

ANYWAY...a friend who works for the Shubert Organization in DC inquired about tickets thru his NY office and said that it is rumoured(or in the works) that the Beacon show on 10/31 will be a Box Office Only sale event...perhaps this is why we haven't heard anything yet, either on RS.com or Ticketbastard
6th October 2006 03:15 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
I am seeing Rancantours in Novenber...opening up for Bob Dylan...

ANYWAY...a friend who works for the Shubert Organization in DC inquired about tickets thru his NY office and said that it is rumoured(or in the works) that the Beacon show on 10/31 will be a Box Office Only sale event...perhaps this is why we haven't heard anything yet, either on RS.com or Ticketbastard

OMG. Just like the old days! That would be so sweet...
6th October 2006 03:55 PM
LadyJane
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

OMG. Just like the old days! That would be so sweet...

Wait a minute?? Are we talking NO ticketmaster? No presales?

Just good old fashioned sleep outside the theatre three days before tix go onsale??

Cool!!!!!!!

LJ.
6th October 2006 04:25 PM
chevysales
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
I am seeing Rancantours in Novenber...opening up for Bob Dylan...

never happen... "the machine" will never allow that.
6th October 2006 04:28 PM
jostorm Gazza: how come you already know the date for Lucinda and I don't??? Have you already got the tickets? All I got was a letter saying "hang in there!" when they cancelled the original gig, I suppose I better ring the Theatre Hall...So, did you say Nov. 15th??? Falls on a Wednesday, very inconvenient....
6th October 2006 04:30 PM
Gazza No..its Sunday November 12th

I dont have tickets in hand, as its a box office collection
6th October 2006 04:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Wait a minute?? Are we talking NO ticketmaster? No presales?

Just good old fashioned sleep outside the theatre three days before tix go onsale??

Cool!!!!!!!

LJ.

Hmm....yet we were asked to pay $100 for access to a pre-sale, as far as I recall

This isnt exactly a system that encourages anyone whos actually having to travel any distance to see the band. Great if you happen to live in the city the shows are taking place and have nothing else to do for a few days. Shit for everyone else

Long way to go for everyone without the guarantee of a ticket only to find out when you get there you're out of luck
[Edited by Gazza]
6th October 2006 07:35 PM
mac_daddy

so is los angeles gonna get a club gig..?

6th October 2006 08:04 PM
pdog
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

Before SF does, but we'll see!
7th October 2006 11:21 AM
Bokes I live a block and a half from the beacon.
I swung by the box office yesterday-
There were about 7 people milling around all asking the girl behind the window about the Stone's.
She said she's going nuts and the foot traffic/questions have been non stop.
The only show she would confirm was the benefit and tickets start at $60,000.

They also have a big sign next to the box office window that claims they do not/will not be selling tickets to the stones.

I have the $100 legacy membership and I hope there will be pre-sale codes with a one ticket limit.
At least that gives us all a fighting chance.

[Edited by Bokes]
[Edited by Bokes]
7th October 2006 12:35 PM
Paranoid_Android Like i said earlier...rumoured (or in negotiations)from a reputable sorce, IMO...I am just surprised that there is no word from either RS.com or TM...the show is just over 3 weeks away at this point...Also...I just realized:

Box Office Only!! = BOO!! on Halloween

(I just made that up)

[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
7th October 2006 12:42 PM
GotToRollMe In case anyone missed it in the other thread:

I'm looking for a Legacy Passcode for this show.
Even if I join today as a "Platinum Member" I'll only be eligible for the "second presale" - which in this case, will not exist. Help!
7th October 2006 04:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

Going by the large gaps in the schedule on either side of the LA show, I would like to think there would be a theatre show somewhere in California on either 16th or 20th. Personally, I think the earlier date seems more logical
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)