ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Soldier Field, Chicago- October 11, 2006
© Parmeda, thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BEACON Tix $35 & $50: From IORR Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
4th October 2006 06:59 PM
SweetVirginia This on IORR:

Oct 4: Beacon tickets priced at $35 and $50
Tickets for the Stones’ two shows at the Beacon Theatre in New York on Oct. 29 and Oct. 31 will be priced at $35 and $50, the band’s spokeswoman says, confirming a report in the upcoming issue of Rolling Stone magazine. The band “gave” 1,000 tickets for the first show to Bill Clinton’s charity foundation as part of the former president’s 60th birthday celebrations, the magazine says. Martin Scorsese is expected to film both shows for a movie that will be released in some theaters and on DVD next year, the report quotes Mick as saying. While the tour may continue next year, Mick says he does not want “to spend the whole year doing shows.” Keith says there “quite probably” could be a new album next year, but that was news to Mick.

4th October 2006 07:08 PM
Saint Sway Tele is buying me front row tix to this show!
4th October 2006 07:10 PM
Gazza If that story is true, credit where its due for those prices. Long overdue and excellent news

Seems strange though that some high rollers at the Clinton show will be paying six figure sums for their tickets. If 1,000 are going to those people, after the hangers on and relatives get their share, that wont leave too many - although hopefully the halloween show will see more fans getting in

heres hoping they have a fair distribution system to ensure these tickets get to the fans and away from the brokers and scalpers...

...and that several other cities aside from New York will get lucky with these type of shows too.
4th October 2006 07:17 PM
Saint Sway the key now is if they set up a system that allows fans to get these.

I'm afraid that a lot of die-hard and deserving fans will be shut out. Every Johnny come lately will want these tix for fifty bucks. Many of the fans, like myself, that have spent thousands this tour on the band will be shut out, while some Creed fan that would never spend over 500 on a Stones ticket will be there hoping to hear Start Me Up for the first time

thankfully Telecaster has my back and is getting me a ticket.
4th October 2006 07:23 PM
Saint Sway did I mention that Tele is buying my ticket?

4th October 2006 07:31 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the key now is if they set up a system that allows fans to get these.

I'm afraid that a lot of die-hard and deserving fans will be shut out. Every Johnny come lately will want these tix for fifty bucks. Many of the fans, like myself, that have spent thousands this tour on the band will be shut out, while some Creed fan that would never spend over 500 on a Stones ticket will be there hoping to hear Start Me Up for the first time

correct - and for a fan club that took an extortionate $100 off us based on the promise of theatre shows (which was the reason most of us coughed up the dough), the least they can do is work out a system that shuts out scalpers and brokers and rewards the loyalty of those fans, and not others based on their connections and the depth of their pockets
4th October 2006 07:41 PM
deuce Saint Sway is recieving a ticket via Tele and boy does he ever deserve it. The man is a posting legend. Almost up there with "The Joey"
[Edited by deuce]
4th October 2006 07:44 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Gazza wrote:
correct - and for a fan club that took an extortionate $100 off us based on the promise of theatre shows (which was the reason most of us coughed up the dough), the least they can do is work out a system that shuts out scalpers and brokers and rewards the loyalty of those fans, and not others based on their connections and the depth of their pockets

I'd hazard a guess that tickets will be Will Call only a la the Licks theater shows.
4th October 2006 07:46 PM
Saint Sway Gazza, you make some excellent points!!

please remember to send the petition to Chuck over the weekend

TIA!
4th October 2006 10:49 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
did I mention that Tele is buying my ticket?

Don't tell me you fell for that line, too.
4th October 2006 11:26 PM
pdog Did Tele agree to this...
4th October 2006 11:57 PM
glencar This will be amazing if i CAN GET TIX!
5th October 2006 12:45 AM
GimmeExile
quote:
Keith says there “quite probably” could be a new album next year, but that was news to Mick.

It's usually the other way around.
5th October 2006 12:49 AM
glencar Maybe it'll be an album of all Keef ballads...
5th October 2006 01:28 AM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Maybe it'll be an album of all Keef ballads...

5th October 2006 01:31 AM
parmeda That is so gay...
5th October 2006 02:03 AM
pdog
quote:
parmeda wrote:
That is so gay...

5th October 2006 08:06 AM
jostorm Oh, pleeeeeease.... Credit? Give them credit what for exactly??? For having lied and promised us all theatre shows and pocketed our 100$ membership fees ( and that X times in some cases) ??? This Beacon show is all about politics and Mick's social-climber-syndrome, coupled with a very lucrative film deal, so duh, of course they can afford to give 35$ seats away. Even if they gave ROers 500$ a head to attend on the night, they'd still make a killing, let's not forget that.
I think that Scorcese can't possibly have been at any of their live shows during this tour, as all his other DVDs about Blues Legends show people who actually are true musicians doing it for their love of music.
I envisage a DVD full of takes of Ronnie eating bananas and Keith posing while shouting over his shoulder "is this the right key, mate?"
The only credit worth mentioning in this context is the credit that some fans have had to take from their bank managers to afford going to several of their favourite band's concerts...

By the way, Saint Sway: is anyone buying you a ticket for Beacon???
5th October 2006 09:51 AM
Gazza
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Oh, pleeeeeease.... Credit? Give them credit what for exactly??? For having lied and promised us all theatre shows and pocketed our 100$ membership fees ( and that X times in some cases) ??? This Beacon show is all about politics and Mick's social-climber-syndrome, coupled with a very lucrative film deal, so duh, of course they can afford to give 35$ seats away. Even if they gave ROers 500$ a head to attend on the night, they'd still make a killing, let's not forget that.

True, but the proof of the pudding will be if they offer such prices for other theatre shows in other cities where there doesnt happen to be a film crew handy.

I doubt anyone who gets into a theatre show for $35 or 50 will care whether or not the Stones end up making a shitload of cash from a spin off film of the event, to be honest. As long as THEY (the fans) arent footing the cost for it, they'll hardly give it a second thought whether its Scorsese or Clinton doing so.
[Edited by Gazza]
5th October 2006 11:27 AM
jb LOL!! I bet I will not get in for anything less than 2k a ticket.
5th October 2006 11:30 AM
Gazza yeah, but youd prefer to pay silly money for it just so you can tell us how much it cost! The rules of logic dont apply to EVERYONE
5th October 2006 11:34 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
yeah, but youd prefer to pay silly money for it just so you can tell us how much it cost! The rules of logic dont apply to EVERYONE

Are you coming...I will be glad to help you make it over.
5th October 2006 11:35 AM
glencar Any ideas on when these become available? If it's when I'm in Chicago, I might just freak out.
5th October 2006 11:35 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Are you coming...I will be glad to help you make it over.

Oh, are you a pilot?
5th October 2006 11:38 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Oh, are you a pilot?

Funny!!! Poor Brazilians clipped by that US Jet which was suppose to be at 36k? This is a great case and many of my colleagus are over there already!!!
5th October 2006 11:39 AM
Gazza LOL...

I'm touched by all these offers (should we call it 'Gazza Aid'?), but its not having the time off work thats a major factor. Thanks anyway. Its appreciated.
5th October 2006 11:41 AM
glencar I don't think that jet clipped them. I think a chunk of the engine mount fell from the B737(scary stuff!) and hit the Embraer whilst the B737 went down on its own. I know in the USA, we have "tapes" of the radar which will show howe close planes come to each other so they should know that by now.
5th October 2006 11:42 AM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
LOL...

I'm touched by all these offers (should we call it 'Gazza Aid'?), but its not having the time off work thats a major factor. Thanks anyway. Its appreciated.

I will have to go to work early that day & take the LIRR into Manhattan & hang out for a few hours in a bar...I just hope I can get a ticky.
5th October 2006 11:45 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
LOL...

I just ordered this car:
http://www.autowallpaper.de/Wallpaper/Maserati/Maserati_quattroporte/bilder/Maserati_Quattroporte_004.jpg
5th October 2006 11:48 AM
glencar If that doesn't get a man laid, nothing will!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)