ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Soldier Field, Chicago- October 11, 2006
© Parmeda, thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Paint It Black question(s) Return to archive
3rd October 2006 06:00 PM
Saint Sway 1. How did they do this as the opener? Did they go right into Charlie's driving drum beat after the big video intro? Or did Keith come out and do his standard guitar intro tease?

2. Will we see this as an opener again?

3. Do you think PIB would be a good replacement for the b-stage intro (instead of MU or UMT)?
3rd October 2006 06:05 PM
mmdog
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jymMw-ZRDaI

Sway,

Check it out on Youtube.
3rd October 2006 06:05 PM
Nellcote Big Vid intro
Keith guitar.
What, you want video, well we deliver too....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B_7XwIXvfzI
3rd October 2006 06:07 PM
Saint Sway awesome! The die hards that trekked to the Gillette opener were rewarded handsomely!!
3rd October 2006 06:17 PM
SweetVirginia I was standing there poised and ready to text the opening song to LJ and it took a minute to get my head around what I was hearing.

What a night.

3rd October 2006 06:24 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
I was standing there poised and ready to text the opening song to LJ and it took a minute to get my head around what I was hearing.

What a night.

its amazing how something so simple as dropping a new song into the opening slot can change how you hear it. It takes on a whole new vibe.

I think they underestimate just how easy it is for them to shock and wonderfully surprise even there most die-hard fans

they should drop surprises like this on us every so often... keep us on our toes!!

and them too!
3rd October 2006 06:27 PM
SweetVirginia I think we do have some more surprises coming our way.

I'm looking for "She Was Hot" and I sure would like to hear "Sweet Virginia" one more time. They did "Just My Imagination" very well at Giants, so maybe that will show up again, too.

3rd October 2006 06:28 PM
Dan The only downside about opening with it is that it can drag the whole rest of the show down since its the absolute best song they can ever play. It makes the 19/20 song argument seem so trivial because if they are opening with Paint It Black they could get away with doing 10 songs.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)