ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Soldier Field, Chicago- October 11, 2006
© Parmeda, thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Blondie Chaplin - Chicago 10th October Return to archive
3rd October 2006 04:51 PM
Gazza Thanks to VoodooAllie for sending this on from Jim Slaton, Blondie's producer and asking us to make people aware of this show which takes place the night before the Stones' gig at Soldier Field

3rd October 2006 05:13 PM
voodoopug Blondie has aged well?
3rd October 2006 05:20 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Blondie has aged well?

he's 29
3rd October 2006 06:04 PM
ListenToTheLion That man really looks sick
3rd October 2006 06:05 PM
Saint Sway That man gets crocked.
3rd October 2006 06:08 PM
lotsajizz that is someone who lives up the immortal creed of Viv Savage, "have a good time, ALL the time"
3rd October 2006 09:05 PM
Mel Belli I listened to a few tracks of the CD on his website. Not bad. It's interesting to hear his voice alone, 'cause you can never him above Lisa and Bernard.
3rd October 2006 09:10 PM
Saint Sway his maracca/tamborine work is tops

an integral part of the Stones lineup
3rd October 2006 09:17 PM
Mel Belli Remember, in the "Four Flicks" documentary, Mick demonstrating how the percussion should go in "Slave"? Must be demeaning.
3rd October 2006 09:20 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Remember, in the "Four Flicks" documentary, Mick demonstrating how the percussion should go in "Slave"? Must be demeaning.

imagine what its like when Keith busts his balls on how to roll a fatty
3rd October 2006 10:18 PM
glencar I can't believe I'm going to Chicago yet I'll ahve to miss this event. Will anyone be taping it?
3rd October 2006 10:46 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

he's 29

LOL! Sway, yer on fire today, buddy!
3rd October 2006 10:49 PM
glencar quick, somebody cut off the hoses!
3rd October 2006 11:06 PM
Riffhard
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
that is someone who lives up the immortal creed of Viv Savage, "have a good time, ALL the time"

LOL! Fuckin' ay! I just watched that flick(for the umpteenth time)last night! Damn that's a great flick.

Riffy
4th October 2006 12:30 AM
erikjjf
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
It's interesting to hear his voice alone, 'cause you can never him above Lisa and Bernard.

His backing vocals on Before They Make Me Run are very clear on the Glasgow FM broadcast.
4th October 2006 01:02 PM
F505 Boring old scarecrow!
4th October 2006 03:54 PM
luxury1 nice photo he chose....
4th October 2006 04:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I can't believe I'm going to Chicago yet I'll ahve to miss this event. Will anyone be taping it?

no, there is not much interest.
6th October 2006 08:26 PM
GotToRollMe
Rolling with the Stones

2 rockers who play with legendary band to jam at their own shows

BY TOM LOUNGES
Times Correspondent

This story ran on nwitimes.com on Friday, October 6, 2006 12:39 AM CDT

With them come live club shows by two legendary artists who each have a strong personal and musical connection to Mick and the boys nn Blondie Chaplin and Ian McLagan.

The first to hit town is Chaplin, the South African icon currently playing guitar on stage alongside Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood, while singing backing harmonies with Mick Jagger.

Bringing experience to stage

Chaplin (www.blondiechaplin.com) may be seen bending his guitar strings with the self-proclaimed "world's greatest rock 'n' roll band" at Soldier Field on Wednesday, but not before his fans can see him close and personal Tuesday at Fitzgerald's Pub in Berwyn. Chaplin will be instrumentally backed by Chicago's own Nicholas Tremulis Orchestra.

"I've known Nick for a long time. His group will open the show with their own set and then will join me on stage to back me," said Chaplin, whose set will largely consist of songs from his new solo album, "Between Us," set for international release via Big Karma Records on Oct. 17.

The 10-song CD of Chaplin's original groove-heavy rock, was recorded with fellow South African bassist Keith Lentin and "Late Show with David Letterman" drummer Anton Fig.

"Anton is so busy with the TV show, that he'll not be able to tour with us," lamented Chaplin, who revealed plans to undertake his own national large club/small hall tour once his 16-months of globe travel with the Rolling Stones ends this fall.

"Once the Stones tour is over, I will get out and promote this album, which I am very pleased with," Chaplin said.

Playing guitar since his early teens, Chaplin has been "the go-to guy" for many major stars in need of a red-hot session player or live tour sideman.

Chaplin's guitar talents have been tapped over the last three decades by The Beach Boys, The Band, David Johanson and Stones' co-founder, Keith Richards, to name but a few.

Bringing even more experience

Also hawking a new CD right now is McLagan -- a former Stones keyboardist. A British expatriate living in Austin, Texas, for the last 20 years, McLagan's resume is even more varied and more impressive than Chaplin's.

McLagan (www.IanMcLagan.com) co-founded the seminal British blues rock group, Small Faces (with future Humble Pie leader Stevie Marriott and future Who drummer Kenny Jones). When Marriott left, McLagan helped put together the next incarnation, The Faces, which featured new vocalist Rod Stewart and a Stewart look-a-like guitarist named Ronnie Wood.

Both groups influenced many latter day rock groups like The London Quireboys, The Charlatans and The Black Crowes.

"Yes, those bands borrowed a lot from us, but let's face it, Small Faces borrowed a lot ourselves from right there in your own city of Chicago, all those great Chess Records artists like Muddy Waters, Willie Dixon, Howlin' Wolf," owned up McLagan. "Those Chess artists were our inspiration and influences. Not only for the Small Faces, but also for the Stones, the Yardbirds and so many other (British) bands starting out together back then."

In addition to working with the Stones, McLagan worked with Bob Dylan, Pete Townsend, Bruce Springsteen, Joe Cocker, Billy Bragg, Taj Mahal, John Hiatt, Paul Westerberg and Frank Black. Slide guitar great Bonnie Raitt even tapped McLagan and his entire Bump Band to be her traveling road band for two tours.

The Bump Band will reconnect with McLagan's old mates when they open for the Rolling Stones in Austin on Oct. 22.

Ian's Bump quartet will perform all evening long on the first of his three night Windy City run, with support sets on the other two nights courtesy of Northwest Indiana's own Steepwater Band and Chicago's Devil In A Woodpile, respectively.

When asked if his reason for performing sans an opening band on Wednesday was because he thought some Stones might "roll" in to Berwyn to jam after their Soldier Field gig ends, McLagan teased nn "It'd sure be nice of them to come pay a visit, now wouldn't it?"

IF YOU GO:

Who: Blondie Chaplin Band (with Nicholas Tremulis Orchestra)

When: 9:30 p.m. Tuesday

Who: Ian McLagan & The Bump Band

When: 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday, Oct. 13

ALL SHOWS:

Where: Fitzgerald's Pub, 6615 Roosevelt Road • Berwyn, IL

Tickets: $15 for general admission / 21 and older

FYI: (708) 788-2118

The Rolling Stones are coming to Chicago this Wednesday for one of the final performances of their nearly 2-year-long Bigger Bang Tour.

http://www.nwitimes.com/articles/2006/10/06/entertainment/entertainment/86971cea77c53313862571fd005e3923.txt

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
7th October 2006 04:54 AM
Jumacfly Sway and I will be backstage, drinking champagne with Matt Clifford.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)