ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Soldier Field, Chicago- October 11, 2006
© Parmeda, thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Alice was wonderful. Return to archive Page: 1 2
3rd October 2006 02:36 PM
jb Prior to boarding our jet Saturday, my youngest son and I had breakfast at the table next to Alice Cooper's. We said hello and got into a nice discussion of the show, his own touring schedule, and how I had first seen him circa 1972 at Pirates World, in Dania, Beach Florida. His band came down and they are all very nice guys. They all signed for us, and Alice wrote some very kind words for my son. We took a nice photo and he said to come to the show in his home town of Phoenix, Az.
I was totally impressed with what a gentleman he was.
Also, hats off to astearsgoby and his friend, Mark, who made our trip memorable. Also nice bumping into JJ and a few others-seems like a good time was had by all(except me).

Wide open........
3rd October 2006 02:46 PM
MrPleasant I read that he as the I.Q. of a genius.
3rd October 2006 02:47 PM
jb
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
I read that he as the I.Q. of a genius.

He put on a great show, and was very cordial. He went golfing the day before the show.
3rd October 2006 02:51 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
jb wrote:

He put on a great show, and was very cordial. He went golfing the day before the show.

I believe you. Cooper is one hell of a showman, and I'm more than happy that he recovered his career after being ignored by the general public by the end of the seventies/early eighties.
3rd October 2006 02:54 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:
Prior to boarding our jet Saturday, my youngest son and I had breakfast at the table next to Alice Cooper's. We said hello and got into a nice discussion of the show, his own touring schedule, and how I had first seen him circa 1972 at Pirates World, in Dania, Beach Florida. His band came down and they are all very nice guys. They all signed for us, and Alice wrote some very kind words for my son. We took a nice photo and he said to come to the show in his home town of Phoenix, Az.
I was totally impressed with what a gentleman he was.
Also, hats off to astearsgoby and his friend, Mark, who made our trip memorable. Also nice bumping into JJ and a few others-seems like a good time was had by all(except me).

Wide open........

were grits enjoyed?
3rd October 2006 02:55 PM
jb
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

I believe you. Cooper is one hell of a showman, and I'm more than happy that he recovered his career after being ignored by the general public by the end of the seventies/early eighties.

Agreed..he was a pioneer and he deserves credit. he really seemed enthusiatic opening for the Stones. AHis guitarists were wickedly good, and the S&M chick gave me a bonner(what else is new?).
3rd October 2006 02:59 PM
Dan
quote:

and the S&M chick gave me a bonner(what else is new?).

Did you tell Alice that?
3rd October 2006 03:07 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

were grits enjoyed?

The buffet was had by all...only $12.00 in Loserville.
3rd October 2006 03:07 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Did you tell Alice that?

We skipped over that part.
3rd October 2006 03:08 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

The buffet was had by all...only $12.00 in Loserville.

mmmmmm... grits.
3rd October 2006 03:08 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

We skipped over that part.

Her name is Calico COOPER.
3rd October 2006 03:09 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Her name is Calico COOPER.

Wife or daughter?
3rd October 2006 03:10 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Wife or daughter?

Daughter.
3rd October 2006 03:14 PM
Joey " We took a nice photo and he said to come to the show in his home town of Phoenix, Az. "

My Mom lives ten minutes from Glendale ( In her Sun City West Mansion ) . She took a tour of the new Cardinals Stadium and proclaimed it the ' Ninth Wonder of the World ' ( ... next in line after her son , of course )

Please feel free to stop by and visit -- she will bake you a cake .

J " Snuggles " Fly !

3rd October 2006 03:15 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Daughter.

He can be a proud father.
3rd October 2006 03:15 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" We took a nice photo and he said to come to the show in his home town of Phoenix, Az. "

My Mom lives ten minutes from Glendale ( In her Sun City West Mansion ) . She took a tour of the new Cardinals Stadium and proclaimed it the ' Ninth Wonder of the World ' ( ... next in line after her son , of course )

Please feel free to stop by and visit -- she will bake you a cake .

J " Snuggles " Fly !

I love cupcakes!!!!
3rd October 2006 03:17 PM
Dan Too bad Phoenix is on a weeknight and I don't know anybody driving.
3rd October 2006 03:28 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:
Too bad Phoenix is on a weeknight and I don't know anybody driving.

The Traffic in Phoenix is a nightmare ( ESPECIALLY if you actually have to BE somewhere ) .

Square Footage-Wise , Phoenix is larger than Los Angeles .

Word .

Kins

[kins]

[Edited by Joey]
3rd October 2006 03:34 PM
Dan
quote:
Joey wrote:

The Traffic in Phoenix is a nightmare ( ESPECIALLY if you have to actually BE somewhere ) .

Square Footage - wise , Phoenix is larger than Los Angeles .

Word .

Kins

I wish the Stones/Alice show was in Glendale, California. Then I could walk there and back.

I went to Phoenix show in 2003. Scored a killer side stage ticket for $74. Imagine how great I can do for a stadium show with a fire sale!
3rd October 2006 03:51 PM
mrhipfl he was a gentleman? I was always hoping he'd be more like the devil.
3rd October 2006 04:24 PM
Jumping Jack The Coop kicked serious ass in Louisville and in Nashville the next night. I was front row in the Ryman close enough to slap hands with Damon on several occassions. The hightlight was Coop singing Be My Lover to Wendy. Never knew she liked whips and leather before, LOL!

JB, you should know they are all huge Stones fans. Damon introduced me to his hottie wife in the Rattlesnake Inn and she was all excited about having just met Mick, LOL! They don't hide their influences at all.

They are one of the best bands touring these days, particularly at $32 to $50 a ticket. Everyone going to Atlantic City should spend the $32 and go see them at the HOB on Saturday night before the Beacon shows. They are way better than posers like Aerosmith.

3rd October 2006 04:26 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
The Coop kicked serious ass in Louisville and in Nashville the next night. I was front row in the Ryman close enough to slap hands with Damon on several occassions. The hightlight was Coop singing Be My Lover to Wendy. Never knew she liked whips and leather before, LOL!

JB, you should know they are all huge Stones fans. Damon introduced me to his hottie wife in the Rattlesnake Inn and she was all excited about having just met Mick, LOL! They don't hide their influences at all.

They are one of the best bands touring these days, particularly at $32 to $50 a ticket. Everyone going to Atlantic City should spend the $32 and go see them at the HOB on Saturday night before the Beacon shows. They are way better than posers like Aerosmith.

Hi JJ!!! Great seeing you again and congrsats on the backstage passes!!! Coop, as you said, is a great man!!! He also told me how much he liked opening for them in Halifax. He said they were all very nice to him. Is he opening at AC too??? Take care!!!
3rd October 2006 04:30 PM
Jumping Jack I was hoping he would open, but is only playing the next night at the HOB. Still, a good show to kill a day before the Beacon shows.

Great to see you again. You are looking so respectable these days!

Glad you and your son got to meet him at breakfast. Some fools paid $450 for that priveledge Saturday night M&G, LOL!
[Edited by Jumping Jack]
3rd October 2006 04:35 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I was hoping he would open, but is only playing the next night at the HOB. Still, a good show to kill a day before the Beacon shows.

Great to see you again. You are looking so respectable these days!

Glad you and your son got to meet him at breakfast. Some fools paid $450 for that priveledge Saturday night M&G, LOL!
[Edited by Jumping Jack]

I also meet the band..great guys. The one guitarist who was from Alabama was really cool. I asked him if they were catching their jet, and he laughed as he said they have a tour bus. I shall kiss Michael Cohl next time and see what I get(probably jail time..lol!!!).
3rd October 2006 04:38 PM
_Boomy_ I caught one of Alice's 100 Dollar Bills at the show.

(Note: They aren't real! Bummer!)
3rd October 2006 04:39 PM
jb
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
I caught one of Alice's 100 Dollar Bills at the show.

(Note: They aren't real! Bummer!)

Alice was very fan friendly and rocked...he seemed much louder than the Stones....or maybe i am not use to hearing actual guitars being played
3rd October 2006 04:41 PM
_Boomy_ Was it just me, or could the sound have been louder for the Stones? Was it because of the horses (which is why they couldn't use fireworks, I think)?

Production was crisp, but could've been louder. LOUD!
3rd October 2006 04:43 PM
jb
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
Was it just me, or could the sound have been louder for the Stones? Was it because of the horses (which is why they couldn't use fireworks, I think)?

Production was crisp, but could've been louder. LOUD!

100% correct..we were up front and all of us kept screaming make it louder...it was clear, but the volume was very low.
3rd October 2006 04:43 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

or maybe i am not use to hearing actual guitars being played

That is ' Miracle on Ice Postin' '

-- You are Posting .
3rd October 2006 04:44 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

That is ' Miracle on Ice Postin' '

-- You are Posting .

You could have made Wichita??? Fiji actually meet Charlie Watts at an antique shop!!! Unfrigginbeleivable!!!!!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)