ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Soldier Field, Chicago- October 11, 2006
© Parmeda, thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: official live cd or dvd from this tour Return to archive
1st October 2006 11:58 AM
artinis1 from nick,
is there going to be a live dvd or cd or some kind of live boxset from this tour, any info is appreciated, i have read on the complete works of the rolling stones website, that july 31st and august 3rd of 2006 were professionally filmed,
1st October 2006 12:07 PM
Gimme Shelter I've heard the Rio show is going to be put out officially on DVD but nothing is confirmed.
1st October 2006 01:20 PM
east_river_trucker I have asked this same question on here and got zero responses. Apparently no one knows or no one cares. My quess would be a multiple DVD set will be released. The Copacabana Beach concert will almost certainly be released on DVD, since Rolling Stone, Inc. has already sunk a lot of money into the sound mixing, filming, and editing with no meaningful return on the money invested.

Due to the 3rd world pirating situation (and eBay) everything that was broadcast on TV will probably be released. Or something similar to it will be released. The Rolling Stones WILL make money! God Damit! No matter what it does to their authenticity as a viable rock band.

Actually, I kind of hope they release another live CD - just to piss off their critics. Although I would hope they wouldnt edit out half of an entire verse and expect no one to notice.
[Edited by east_river_trucker]
1st October 2006 02:31 PM
Soldatti I heard something about a CD/DVD release in December, but nothing else.
1st October 2006 03:25 PM
Honky Tonk Man According to Nico Zentgrafs site, the Amsterdam show from last summer was professionally filmed for a potent ional future DVD release. I personally don't think we'll get an entire concert on DVD, but can envisage a Voodoo Lounge or Bridges To Babylon style release. Whatever we get, I'm sure it'll pale in comparison to Four Flicks.

http://www.nzentgraf.de/books/zent.htm
1st October 2006 03:39 PM
Gazza on every tour they professionally film shows that dont get released.

Copacabana was mooted as being an official release at the time it took place, but nothing more seems to have happened. They did however release it to theatres in the US, so they would have got some money back on it.

The Clinton/Beacon show is being filmed by Martin Scorsese for some vague film project of his, although interestingly theres nothing on imdb.com under Scorsese's name which indicates anything of this nature as a future project thats in the works (yet other future ventures going into 2008 are mentioned). The fact that of all Stones shows on this tour he chooses to film one where the fans are shut out and the audience consists of multi millionaire celebs and the like would indicate to me that its as much a film about the people who the show is being played for as much as a fim about the Rolling Stones in concert.

I cant see why anyone would think the Stones would release a multi-DVD set from this tour. It worked on the last tour because of the nature of the 3 different types of shows, but as the setlist and structure of the shows on this tour are almost identical regardless of venue size, such a concept would make no sense. Maybe they'll do a DVD taken from various shows, who knows. There will be a concert DVD of some description for sure

As for the live CD, there will indeed be one. God knows why, though.
[Edited by Gazza]
1st October 2006 03:46 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:

[Edited by Gazza]

What have you heard?
1st October 2006 03:53 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

What have you heard?

Probably nothing, it's just a given that there will always be a new live album.
1st October 2006 03:54 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:
on every tour they professionally film shows that dont get released.

Copacabana was mooted as being an official release at the time it took place, but nothing more seems to have happened. They did however release it to theatres in the US, so they would have got some money back on it.

The Clinton/Beacon show is being filmed by Martin Scorsese for some vague film project of his, although interestingly theres nothing on imdb.com under Scorsese's name which indicates anything of this nature as a future project thats in the works (yet other future ventures going into 2008 are mentioned). The fact that of all Stones shows on this tour he chooses to film one where the fans are shut out and the audience consists of multi millionaire celebs and the like would indicate to me that its as much a film about the people who the show is being played for as much as a fim about the Rolling Stones in concert.

I cant see why anyone would think the Stones would release a multi-DVD set from this tour. It worked on the last tour because of the nature of the 3 different types of shows, but as the setlist and structure of the shows on this tour are almost identical regardless of venue size, such a concept would make no sense. Maybe they'll do a DVD taken from various shows, who knows. There will be a concert DVD of some description for sure

[Edited by Gazza]

complete with annoying/unnecesary editing and overdubs for sure. A prime example from the last 4 flicks DVD is the live unedited version of Rock Me Baby from a theatre show in America, on the Doco disk - which was unnecessarily butchered in the studio editing lounge for Live Licks!!
the DVD version is better IMO.

What they SHOULD do is release a DVD/CD of rehearsals and sounchecks of all the cool jams and un-used rehearsed songs.
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
1st October 2006 04:24 PM
east_river_trucker
quote:
Gazza wrote:
on every tour they professionally film shows that dont get released.

[Edited by Gazza]

I thought it might be multi disc because of the multi exotic locations they are playing in. However as Mick says in 4 flicks, Ronnie Wood playing quitar looks the same no matter where he's playing quitar. So I can see the problems with that approach. And since they putting more effort into international marketing these days the exotic location might not fly all that well outside N. America. But really, it's all they've got left to make a new DVD different from the old DVDs.

Personally, I think the Copacabana concert would make a great DVD, if it had footage of the business deals being made, the set up of the stage, the Beach seens of the lead up to the concert, etc. And the Clinton birthday bash might be interesting as well. Its got an "artistic" director and "interesting" people in the audience.

I quess shooting film and editing is very cheap now in the digital age. But I still can't see how one night in a theatre can pay for much more than the distribution costs. Although, other lesser bands with far smaller budgets and fan base than the stones are doing it. So what do I know.
1st October 2006 06:54 PM
Gazza I really thought that the Copacabana show was the obvious one to release on DVD,as in terms of an event and a spectacle, its by some distance the defining moment of this tour to date. Agree with you that some behind the scenes stuff would have been a nice bonus.

However, as its now 8 months ago, it looks like theyve missed the boat. Wouldnt make much sense to release it now (although that didnt seem to matter with Live Licks).

Worth remembering though that this tour still has maybe another 11 months until its over. Could be they'll release something from next year's shows. If they were to end the tour (as is rumoured) at the new Wembley Stadium, that might be the natural choice for a souvenir DVD of the tour.
[Edited by Gazza]
1st October 2006 07:51 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

What have you heard?

There has been a live CD released after every tour since 81...( excepty maybe Voo-Doo)and about 4 or so before that...it's just a sad tradition for the Stones...but who knows...campletist always seem to need yet ANOTHER live version of Satisfaction...JJF, SFTD, etc
2nd October 2006 07:18 AM
Bitch
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Worth remembering though that this tour still has maybe another 11 months until its over. Could be they'll release something from next year's shows. If they were to end the tour (as is rumoured) at the new Wembley Stadium, that might be the natural choice for a souvenir DVD of the tour.
[Edited by Gazza]

Did you say 11 more months? That would bring us to August 2007! Is this true? I hope you are correct about this! That gives us the opportunity to see more Stones concerts, A Bigger Bang will have gone on for 3 years then? Thats a ridiculously long tour isnt it? God bless them!
2nd October 2006 07:32 AM
Gazza No - it'll have been two years by then (started in August 2005)

The European shows in 2007 will take place during the summer, and will probably end around late August.

I dont know if they have any plans for touring in the 5-6 month break before they go to Europe. I'd like to think that South America might get a return visit as they were sold very short on this tour and were bypassed completely on the last one.
2nd October 2006 07:37 AM
Gazza
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:

There has been a live CD released after every tour since 81...( excepty maybe Voo-Doo)and about 4 or so before that...it's just a sad tradition for the Stones...but who knows...campletist always seem to need yet ANOTHER live version of Satisfaction...JJF, SFTD, etc

every full length Stones tour in the last thirty years (1975 onwards) has been documented on a live album. The only exception being 1978, which was only a brief tour of about 25 shows and was confined exclusively to the US

And of course the US tour BEFORE that ('72) would have also had a live album but for contractual problems over the rights to the pre-1971 material.
2nd October 2006 09:00 AM
corgi37 I'm just so confused as to what they will do. The Rio show made sense at the time due to the crowd, but that would not be a true reflection of the stadium show as it was the crappy 2nd rate stage and their was no pryos.

You'd think for all the money they spent on the main stadium stage, they'd want that one represented as a show piece for this tour.

The trouble is indeed the samey set lists. I see no point in doing a Flicks style thing again, but maybe the Rio show and another stadium gig. I really doubt they'll do anything thats not a U.S. stadium gig. Sales of any dvd would stall if Jagger spoke Spanish, French or Dutch all night.
2nd October 2006 11:39 AM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Gazza wrote:

every full length Stones tour in the last thirty years (1975 onwards) has been documented on a live album. The only exception being 1978, which was only a brief tour of about 25 shows and was confined exclusively to the US

And of course the US tour BEFORE that ('72) would have also had a live album but for contractual problems over the rights to the pre-1971 material.

Thanks Gazza...I knew it was something like that, but I had no actual facts/details in my head...so I just stated what i knew...wasthere a VDL live CD? I cant recall one...
2nd October 2006 09:32 PM
Carlos Pigozzi The Rio concert may be very significative and important on this tour but what the hell .... is soooooooooooooo boreing to watch.
2nd October 2006 11:21 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves release the Saitama Japan show on DVD
much better than the Rio show in all aspects
3rd October 2006 10:11 AM
Gazza
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:

Thanks Gazza...I knew it was something like that, but I had no actual facts/details in my head...so I just stated what i knew...wasthere a VDL live CD? I cant recall one...

yep..."Stripped" - taken from the theatre shows in Amsterdam, London & Paris as well as studio recordings done in Tokyo and Lisbon.

Probably the most satisfactory of all of the live albums in that time frame because of its more unusual approach.

No coincidence that it was the biggest seller too. 3.5 million and counting. Yet ABB, with a two year tour which will probably be seen by over 3 million people by the time its done, wont come anywhere near that total.
[Edited by Gazza]
3rd October 2006 10:25 AM
F505 Please no live cd's or dvd's! Enough is enough!
All live recordings since Love You Live with the exception of Stripped were failures both commercial and artistically.
3rd October 2006 05:54 PM
qwer I would like to see a tour-documentation-dvd like
"cocksucker blues" with stuff like:

- behind the scenes
- rehearsals
- private moments!
- integrated in a full show experience
- & a bonus cd with all the rare live songs

THIS WOULD BE GREAT!
3rd October 2006 06:17 PM
Some Guy No Mas.
3rd October 2006 06:25 PM
Saint Sway SG, have you seen Diamond Dave's Backyard BBQ/KungFu DVD??
3rd October 2006 06:28 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
SG, have you seen Diamond Dave's Backyard BBQ/KungFu DVD??

No, whats up?
3rd October 2006 06:36 PM
Saint Sway You must get this thing. Dude, its called "David Lee Roth's No Holds Barbecue"

I'm not making this shit up. I swear on Charlie Watts!

beyond bizarre. Proof that he is clinically insane,

its a freak show, for freaks, by freaks.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
3rd October 2006 06:52 PM
Some Guy "Douchebag" Dave is an ass hat.
3rd October 2006 06:54 PM
Saint Sway as VH fan you owe to yourself to go on ebay and purchase this thing

you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll hurl...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)