ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Soldier Field, Chicago- October 11, 2006
© Parmeda, thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Per IORR board, Beacon gets Oct 31st date Return to archive Page: 1 2
29th September 2006 12:43 AM
mmdog
Looks like the Stones will be playing a regular gig there, in addition to the Clinton gig.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060928/nyth166.html?.v=52
29th September 2006 01:05 AM
pdog No fucking way!
This really is good and bad news for me...
Time to start figuring out a plan or just realize it ain't in the cards!
29th September 2006 07:01 AM
luxury1 I knew Mick was dropping the big hint Wed. night.
29th September 2006 07:11 AM
LadyJane I'm glad they are redeeming themselves for the Clinton fiasco.

It will be a great show.

AC will be it for me.

No MSG??????? I refuse to believe they will never play MSG again. Farewell gig in 07 maybe????

LJ.

29th September 2006 07:14 AM
SweetVirginia It's on Reuters, too.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=musicNews&storyID=2006-09-29T061353Z_01_N28350532_RTRIDST_0_MUSIC-STONES-DC.XML&WTmodLoc=EntNewsMusic_C1_%5BFeed%5D-7

29th September 2006 07:42 AM
chevysales kinda pissed as i blew off giants after seeing opener at foxboro and had hoped for one more msg.

beacon second show will be an impossible ticket although it doesn't mean i won't try and probably would pay an exorbinant broker fee if needed... nothing like a 3,000 seat venue to say goodbye to another old friend...

if last msg show is/was last time i see them in a smaller setting than so be it as it was a special show.
29th September 2006 07:48 AM
throbby I for one think this is fabulous news.
29th September 2006 07:50 AM
Gazza
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I knew Mick was dropping the big hint Wed. night.

yeah, it makes more sense - I honestly dont think they could have sold out another night at MSG in that time frame

Hope its a $50 ticket for everyone.

Delighted for those of you in NY - although with Juilliard, RCMH and now this one, you seem to be getting pretty much every small show that the Stones are playing on this tour. Hope the rest of the world gets a few in 2007!
29th September 2006 07:54 AM
luxury1 they will play a small venue or two in Europe (most likely London?) this summer. Keep the faith, Gazza...
29th September 2006 08:50 AM
mac_daddy
i am more interested in a club gig here in soCal - i am still holding out hope...
29th September 2006 11:33 AM
Saint Sway 1. How much will tickets cost?
2. When/where/how will tickets will be sold? Pre-sales? Thru TM? Thru Fan Club?

TIA
29th September 2006 11:57 AM
monkey_man SWEET I think I'm gonna have to figure out how to change my flight!!
29th September 2006 11:57 AM
glencar What exciting news to wake up to! I hope this is my last show!
29th September 2006 12:05 PM
Flairville I won £450 on Wednesday nights lottery draw ad I read about 2 nights at the Beacon! The big question is..... can I get a ticket?
29th September 2006 12:08 PM
glencar Probably not to the first show.
29th September 2006 12:11 PM
Flairville Either one would do!
29th September 2006 12:40 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
1. How much will tickets cost?
2. When/where/how will tickets will be sold? Pre-sales? Thru TM? Thru Fan Club?

TIA

1. well, if Cohl's pre-tour announcement was anything to go by, $50. Ha! Lets see if it happens.

2. I would imagine same as last tour. TM with a fan club presale. Public tickets will be as rare as hens teeth.

As usual, I bet half of the crowd will be family, friends, hangers on, industry insiders and celebs. Always the way with theatre shows in LA, NY or London. You'll be lucky if there are 1200 tickets available to the public IMO. They should ban celebs from this show and tell them that if they want to see the band at the Beacon, they can pay $60,000 a ticket and go to the Clinton gala instead. They can afford it after all. Its bad enough having one theatre show full of these people without half of the only genuine theatre show on the whole tour being taken up with them too.

When I heard this announcement the two things that came to mind were 1) as suggested above, an excuse to edit in scenes of an enthusiastic crowd into the Scorsese film instead of showing an audience full of suits and 2) they knew that with the slow sales at Giants, they couldnt sell MSG out in a month having played so many NY area shows this tour already.
29th September 2006 12:41 PM
Gazza
quote:
Flairville wrote:
I won £450 on Wednesday nights lottery draw ad I read about 2 nights at the Beacon! The big question is..... can I get a ticket?

Tickets for the first show start at $60,000 and go up to $500,000.

Just a hunch, but if I were you, I'd concentrate predominantly on the 2nd night instead.
29th September 2006 12:43 PM
Saint Sway since this is being filmed by Scorcese, it is safe to assume that both nights will be identical set lists like they did for the HBO special at MSG on Licks.

1st night, dry run. 2nd night filmed.
29th September 2006 12:46 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
1st night, dry run. 2nd night filmed.

AC will be the dry run. . .both Beacon shows will be filmed. They need the redundancy to correct any mistakes.
29th September 2006 01:06 PM
glencar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

AC will be the dry run. . .both Beacon shows will be filmed. They need the redundancy to correct any mistakes.

Just like MSG in 2003. Pittsburgh was the dry run...Unfortunately, I went to that show, MSG #1 and then saw the HBO show. I basically saw the same show 3 times! It was like a Who tour.
29th September 2006 01:24 PM
luxury1 "rare as hen's teeth"?? Oh, that's a new one for me. I am gleaming many fun one-liners today.
29th September 2006 01:27 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Tickets for the first show start at $60,000 and go up to $500,000.

Just a hunch, but if I were you, I'd concentrate predominantly on the 2nd night instead.

These will be the $50.00 club tickets...
NOT!
29th September 2006 01:28 PM
glencar
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
"rare as hen's teeth"?? Oh, that's a new one for me. I am gleaming many fun one-liners today.

My older sister uses that line.
29th September 2006 01:37 PM
chevysales fall back plan... ac and 2 days off from work

very bad as being in a month to month biz and the end of month is busiest this is going to cost me... ehh this will be the last time...
29th September 2006 03:56 PM
Flairville Thanks for the advice Gazza, I'm hoping and praying!
29th September 2006 04:04 PM
Saint Sway so what time on Tuesday afternoon will Cohl announe that the tix went onsale on Monday at 9am??
29th September 2006 04:11 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
so what time on Tuesday afternoon will Cohl announe that the tix went onsale on Monday at 9am??

Wednesday lunchtime of course!
29th September 2006 04:18 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Wednesday lunchtime of course!

Gazza I wish you could of seen the blank-friggin stare I shot Cohl when he announced to the crowd at 2:35 at the Lincoln Center Press conference that tickets for Fenway Park went on sale at noon.
29th September 2006 06:30 PM
SweetVirginia There is this extreemly detailed and informative info on RS.com:

09.29.06 The Rolling Stones To Play New York's Beacon Theatre October 29th & 31st
The Rolling Stones announced that they will play the Beacon Theatre on October 29th and 31st. Tickets will be available to the public with details to follow shortly.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)