ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Andy Warhol
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: help, tell me what albums "carol" was on? Return to archive
October 2nd, 2004 05:42 AM
oska ive recentley had a load of cd's stolen from my car, one of them had the track "carol" on it, i know its on "englands newest hitmakers" but it was NOT that album, can anyone suggest what other albums it could of been, so i can replace it, thanx.
October 2nd, 2004 07:02 AM
Zack It was track #2 of Get Yer Ya Yas Out, their second live album released in 1970.
October 2nd, 2004 08:47 AM
gimmekeef Yes that 2nd track on ya ya's..Maybe their best ever groove in the middle..awesome!..yes you need to replace that!..good luck
October 2nd, 2004 05:48 PM
Soldatti Buy a new copy of Ya-Ya's now!!
October 2nd, 2004 05:49 PM
Moonisup track 6,
the rolling stones, the rolling stones
October 2nd, 2004 05:49 PM
F505 A very good suggestion soldatti!
October 2nd, 2004 06:05 PM
oska yes thank you all 3 of you who answered, i re bought "ya ya"s today, its fuckin great, this album is SO good ,
so what do u lot think of the version of "sympathy" on this album? i think its awesome.
im so happy to have this album back into my stones collection, i also have replaced, beggars banquet, let it bleed, stripped, r&r circus, emotional rescue, 40 licks.
its been an expensive week! can anyone help ?
October 3rd, 2004 01:21 AM
Zack Sympathy on Ya Yas is beyond awesome, it's one of the greatest moments of the Stones on record. On the remastered version Taylor's solo at the end is much more prominent than before to my ears. Remember, it's Taylor on rhythmn to start, and Keith takes the first solo, Taylor stops and Keith plays a few more bars and stops too. Then Keith takes up the rhythmn, a bit choppier now, as Taylor slowly works into the blistering solo that finishes the song. Those "get on down"s are overdubs that to me mar Taylor's incredible licks. Don't forget also a verse was chopped out of the Ya Yas version.