ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Andy Warhol
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: farewell tour Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings Return to archive
October 2nd, 2004 02:52 AM
thejuf bill wyman tells his fans on his own site www.billwyman.com that this will be the last tour with the Rhythm Kings as he wants to spend more time with his family (he has three little girls, he says he is missing out so much on their growing up) and he wants to spend more time on his other projects as well.
he considers playing on special occasions, though.

the sad but understanding juf
October 2nd, 2004 03:28 AM
F505 Why sad?
October 2nd, 2004 04:34 AM
thejuf there's no accounting for tastes, F505.
October 2nd, 2004 08:15 AM
monkeyman62 thats great news, iam as happy about that news as i am
about the stones going on tour next year,nobody cares bill
so there is no reason to make a point of it
October 2nd, 2004 09:01 AM
Nellcote I was fortunate to have seen The Kings when they toured the US. They were a great band. Bill always was in the background, letting the others take the credit. I've gone on to purchase several of their cd's, and have enjoyed their music. While these discs are not quite repeated listening, say as Stones discs, they do have good musicianship. This decision to wind things down fits in with Bill's decision 11 years on to spend more time on varied projects. Good for him, look forward to seeing other projects by him. Just hope these are not followed by the sometimes pointed jabs towards what put him on the map in the 1st place, as he has reluctantly done in the past..
October 2nd, 2004 09:47 AM
rocker Why are so many people down on Bill? I love the guy, and so what if he left the stones. and good for him that he wants to spend more time with his family. can anyone find fault with that? at leat the man has got his priorities straight.
October 2nd, 2004 10:10 AM
monkeyman62 spend time with his family, he tours more now than he did with the stones
[Edited by monkeyman62]
October 2nd, 2004 10:13 AM
monkeyman62 hey maybe this means he could tour with the stones now
you never know
October 2nd, 2004 10:31 AM
F505 OK to say something nice about Bill: I just bought the DVD Hampton '81 and Bill Wyman is playing like a (rhythm) king. His bass sounds solid and swings like hell. The whole band is on fire actually. Ernie Watts imo is an improvement compared with Bobby. Keith and Ron ARE rock 'n ' roll. Great concert!
October 2nd, 2004 11:50 AM
monkeyman62 I agree , i also loved bill in the stones, i am just upset
with him because he left saying he was tired of touring
and now he tours more than ever, thats what bothers me about bill, not just because he left but because he lied
October 2nd, 2004 12:06 PM
F505 Well I think he meant he was tired doing huge world tours. With the RK he plays small joints with less pressure and fuss.
October 2nd, 2004 12:28 PM
monkeyman62 thats true i guess he does have a point there
October 2nd, 2004 04:24 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff The Rhythm Kings are a very good band, blues , rockabilly and swng...but I never can stand it their black woman singer...point of view
October 2nd, 2004 05:09 PM
Moonisup no bill no stones
no chuck no stones
no stones no bill
October 2nd, 2004 05:41 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
no stones no bill

that's true, no stones no credit card bills.
October 2nd, 2004 05:46 PM
Moonisup i had some plans to get my drives licence next year, but a stones tour is just as expensive
October 2nd, 2004 06:04 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
no chuck no stones

October 2nd, 2004 06:04 PM
Angiegirl Good point Soldatti!
October 2nd, 2004 10:09 PM
Mr Hess Good luck Bill!
October 3rd, 2004 03:50 AM
TooTough I saw Wyman two times and the second show (2 years after the first one) was boring, just boring.

October 3rd, 2004 03:51 AM
F505 And the first?
October 3rd, 2004 10:14 AM
TooTough The first one was good entertainment, nothing more.
October 3rd, 2004 12:30 PM
Water Dragon As this is TRK & Bill's last tour, I wonder if when he visits Cheltenham to perform he will make a stop at the final resting place of his old bandmate? He and Charlie at least know where it is, unlike the other two.

If not a visit, I wonder if he will make some dedication during the set...any of the Brits on this board going to that show?

Regards,

W.D.
October 3rd, 2004 02:01 PM
kath i thought he'd left the stones for family and the fact that he hates to fly.

i liked the rhythm kings....too bad they're disbanding.
October 3rd, 2004 02:22 PM
Hannalee
quote:
Water Dragon wrote:
As this is TRK & Bill's last tour, I wonder if when he visits Cheltenham to perform he will make a stop at the final resting place of his old bandmate? He and Charlie at least know where it is, unlike the other two.

If not a visit, I wonder if he will make some dedication during the set...any of the Brits on this board going to that show?

Regards,

W.D.

I'm going (as long as all the tickets haven't vanished since the news broke)
October 3rd, 2004 03:20 PM
Factory Girl I saw the Rhythm Kings once. They were interesting, because of Bill.