ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Andy Warhol
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Excited About New Stones Album Return to archive
October 1st, 2004 10:18 PM
Soldatti NEW YORK (Reuters) - Mick Jagger (news) is on a major songwriting roll, penning new tunes for an upcoming Rolling Stones album and basking in the glow of praise for the soundtrack he helped create for the upcoming film, "Alfie."

Jagger, famed frontman of the Stones, teamed with Eurythmics co-founder Dave Stewart (news) to write and perform 13 songs for the film, including the haunting "Old Habits Die Hard," which will be released by Virgin Records on Oct. 19 as the first single from the soundtrack CD.

"I just tried to make the music work for the film, and also stand on its own," Jagger told Reuters in an interview on Friday.

"It's music to be listened to and also has to be music that you can watch the film by without getting jarred -- the music working for the film and moving in the same direction."

The movie, a remake of the 1966 "Alfie," stars Jude Law in the title role along with Susan Sarandon and Marisa Tomei. It opens in the United States on Oct. 22.

Jagger, 61, said he is immersed again in writing.

"I've been writing new songs for the Rolling Stones' next album. We just started, and it will be out sometime next year. We'll start recording in November," Jagger said.

"It should be good. I've been writing the last month for that, and I'm quite excited by what I've got so far."

Jagger said the Stones will be delivering some new music next month, with the release of a double CD live recording.

"One is unknown songs, and the other CD is familiar tunes," he said.

The new "Alfie" soundtrack also features performances by Sheryl Crow (news) and Joss Stone.

Reuters/VNU
October 1st, 2004 10:35 PM
Some Guy Happiness!
October 1st, 2004 11:43 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
[...]

"I've been writing new songs for the Rolling Stones' next album. We just started, and it will be out sometime next year. We'll start recording in November," Jagger said.

[...]

Hmmmm.....damn....where's THE Joey on friday night..... goddamnit!!!

I know "it's pub time and we don't know how long it lasts....."

October 2nd, 2004 03:43 AM
IanBillen
Here is more detail about the new Album writing I seen on Shadoobie:

Sat, October 2, 2004

Stones rockin' on

Working on next album

By DARRYL STERDAN, ENTERTAINMENT EDITOR

NEW YORK -- Slowly but surely, The Stones are gearing up to roll again. Mick Jagger and Keith Richards have begun working on songs for the band's next studio disc -- their first since 1997's Bridges to Babylon -- vocalist Mick Jagger told a packed press conference in New York City on Thursday.

"I just spent two weeks writing songs with Keith," the 61-year-old singer said.

"Some days they're all songs where I'm just there on my own, and Keith walks in and plays the bass on what I've written, and some days it's the reverse, and I go in and play the piano on something he's written."

Meanwhile, Jagger said Stones drummer Charlie Watts has apparently beaten the throat cancer he was treated for earlier this year.

"Charlie is a lot better. He's had all his treatments and he's been pronounced free and clear of everything, so we're very pleased about that."

Jagger said he had no idea when the band would take to the road again -- "I suspect we'll do the album and then we'll do the tour" -- but made it clear fans won't have to wait long for new product.

The Stones have a live album coming out in November which is a double live set -- "One CD of well-known songs and another CD of not-very-well-known songs," he quipped.

From Ian
October 2nd, 2004 04:25 AM
Monkey Woman Awww! Thanks for the articles. It's good to read that on the morning.
October 2nd, 2004 06:09 AM
gotdablouse Wow, is this good news or what ?!
And Keith is working again!!! Playing the bass like in the 70s, wow this is going to be great!
October 2nd, 2004 06:15 AM
SirMuddy Yesss, big thankxxxx! You're right Monkey Woman, one more coffe, one more spicey cigarettes, listening to the Stones last ep (I mean Four Licks, it's an ep, no? Don't Stop, Keys to your love, Stealing my heart,Loosing my touch) Mixing it with some Flicks (Well Well, Extreme Western grip, Love Train, Rock me baby, Nearness of you, I can't turn you loose) and ready to light up the day! Thanks Jah for the Rolling Stones Joy of my life. Just like Skippy once say: "Soundtrack of my life", since 1977! Great reading big Thankxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!
October 2nd, 2004 06:47 AM
J.J.Flash How are you Muddy?!?
October 2nd, 2004 07:00 AM
SirMuddy Hi J.J.Flash! I'm allright, too much works.... But the Stones help me doing everything! It's getting cold here but good weeds helps too Right now I'm sharing music on mIRC. I only have a phone connection but it's fun to see what people wanna hear. And i think there's a great song getting out of my heart: "Speak white they say, Fuck you qu'j'ai répondu" =) So I'm well and alive... The Glimmer twins shine again and I just can'y wait to see the light!!!
October 2nd, 2004 10:57 AM
charlotte To celebrate this fantastic news where can we all get together for a hashish(Afghan variety) party!??

In the non-smoking section:all the beer and vino one can drink!
October 2nd, 2004 10:57 AM
Scot Rocks Shidoobeeeeeee!!!!

October 2nd, 2004 11:38 AM
mac_daddy great news!

thanks for the info.
October 2nd, 2004 12:08 PM
LadyJane Oh hell...I've always wanted to post this...and this is the best time to do it....I'm so excited I'm typing this with my nipples!!!

LJ.
October 2nd, 2004 12:31 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Oh hell...I've always wanted to post this...and this is the best time to do it....I'm so excited I'm typing this with my nipples!!!

LJ.

LOL. I would like to see that
October 2nd, 2004 12:50 PM
Some Guy More happiness!
October 2nd, 2004 05:52 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
More happiness!

x 3...
October 2nd, 2004 07:19 PM
Some Guy The excitement is all up in the air!
October 2nd, 2004 08:54 PM
Angiegirl Dutch national newspaper Telegraaf has same story, taken from Daily Mirror (UK):

http://www.telegraaf.nl/prive/14403...ing_Stones.html

in Dutch of course

Here's the English gibberish translation:

New World Tour Rolling Stones

LONDON - De Rolling Stones work at a new album and at a new world tour, now that drummer Charlie Watts is healed declared from throat cancer. That said Stones-singer Mick Jagger Saturday in an interview with the British sensation paper Daily Mirror.

Jagger said he hopes that he can welcome Watts as fast as possible in the studio to record a series of new songs. "Keith Richards and I have whole many songs written for the new album", he added to it. When the band on tour goes, is not yet known.

The 63-year old Watts was diagnosed four months ago with throat cancer. After intensive radiation, he is cure declared now. lthough he still must repair of the consequences of the treatment.

October 2nd, 2004 10:06 PM
Mr Hess great news!!!
October 3rd, 2004 02:55 AM
Scottfree
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Oh hell...I've always wanted to post this...and this is the best time to do it....I'm so excited I'm typing this with my nipples!!!

LJ.

Bless ur heart, and I might add I'm typing with my penal colony (I ain't no Tom Lee)....
October 3rd, 2004 03:44 AM
F505 why don't you people organize a gangbang?
October 3rd, 2004 04:02 PM
Soldatti Best week of the year, so far...
October 3rd, 2004 11:11 PM
BILL PERKS YOU CAN SEE MICK AND DAVE WRITING OLD HABITS DIE HARD ON THE SPECIAL FEATURES PORTION OF BEING MICK.
October 4th, 2004 12:10 AM
parmeda
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Jagger, 61, said he is immersed again in writing.

One word for ya, Mick... "drown"

That's right! Get all wet with it already
October 4th, 2004 02:42 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
F505 wrote:
why don't you people organize a gangbang?

count me in !!!
October 4th, 2004 07:36 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
parmeda wrote:

One word for ya, Mick... "drown"

That's right! Get all wet with it already

Like somebody said... "lock 'em in the kitchen...."
October 4th, 2004 09:35 PM
Soldatti
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Like somebody said... "lock 'em in the kitchen...."

Long time ago, sadly.
They will record on periods of time: November, christmas break, January 2005, break...
Some king of "a la Dirty Work"