ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Andy Warhol
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Live Licks press release Return to archive
October 1st, 2004 02:04 PM
Soldatti Press Release Source: Virgin Records

The Rolling Stones: Live Licks Out November 2nd
Friday October 1, 12:11 pm ET
Double CD Includes Guest Appearances By Sheryl Crow, Solomon Burke

NEW YORK, Oct. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- The Rolling Stones are documenting their hugely successful 2002-2003 world tour with the Virgin Records release of Live Licks, a two-CD set featuring guest appearances by Sheryl Crow and soul legend Solomon Burke, as well as 11 tracks never before released on a Stones live disc.
The 2002-2003 tour celebrated both the band's 40th anniversary and the release of 40 Licks, the first Stones greatest-hits collection to span the group's entire career. Like the tour, Live Licks finds the band in a celebratory mood, delivering both the many hits in its deep, illustrious catalogue, as well as lesser-known cuts and covers.

Finding Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ron Wood as charismatic, intimate and commanding as ever, Live Licks is divided in halves: Disc one is a collection of such anthemic, universally loved songs as "Honky Tonk Women" (featuring Sheryl Crow), "Paint It Black," "Brown Sugar," "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction," "Angie," "Start Me Up" and "Gimme Shelter."

Disc two includes a collection of such lesser-known gems as "Can't You Hear Me Knocking," "Rocks Off," "When The Whip Comes Down" and "Worried About You." This disc also includes Keith Richards' rendition of the Hoagy Carmichael classic "The Nearness of You," as well as Stones versions of "Rock Me, Baby" and "That's How Strong My Love Is," songs not written by but associated with B.B. King and Otis Redding, respectively. Disc two ends with Solomon Burke joining the band for a version of his own "Everybody Needs Somebody To Love."

Playing to more than 2 million people worldwide, the Stones' 2002-2003 tour visited everything from theaters to stadiums, sometimes in the same city (New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, etc.).

Seeing the band visit Eastern Europe and the Far East for the first time, the 40 Licks tour garnered rave reviews wherever it touched down, and found the band's live chops to be untouched by four decades: "The Stones sang and played like the world champion rockers they became decades ago, but with an in-the-moment passion of a band that still had something to prove," noted Randy Lewis in The Los Angeles Times. "They are still the greatest rock n roll band in the world," raved Nigel Williamson of the U.K.'s Uncut.

Rolling Stones- Live Licks (2 cd set) in-stores 11/2

DISC 1:

1. Brown Sugar
2. Street Fighting Man
3. Paint It, Black
4. You Can't Always Get What You Want
5. Start Me Up
6. It's Only Rock n' Roll
7. Angie
8. Honky Tonk Women (featuring Sheryl Crow)
9. Happy
10. Gimme Shelter
11. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

DISC 2:

1. Neighbours
2. Monkey Man
3. Rocks Off
4. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
5. That's How Strong My Love Is
6. The Nearness Of You
7. Beast Of Burden
8. When The Whip Comes Down
9. Rock Me, Baby
10. You Don't Have To Mean It
11. Worried About You
12. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love

Note:

None of the tracks on Disc 2 have been available on any previous Rolling Stones live CDs
October 1st, 2004 02:37 PM
Stones Does anyone know what the Japanese bonus track is going to be ?
October 1st, 2004 02:51 PM
jb Dreadful crap...it's hard to really be excited by anything they do these days...Alfie anyone?
October 1st, 2004 02:57 PM
Bloozehound the least they could of done is filled these 2 discs out with more songs

What's the running time of each disc ?
[Edited by Bloozehound]
October 1st, 2004 02:58 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Stones wrote:
Does anyone know what the Japanese bonus track is going to be ?

Yeah, finally something interesting..... I tell you what.... almost every fuckin' japanese version of R'n'R CDs has BONUS tracks. And a monster cock as a bonus for us....
October 1st, 2004 03:01 PM
dob99 NOT TRUE!!! Beast of Burden (live) was on the official Australian release of Still Life (1982), which was a 2 LP edition.
October 1st, 2004 03:02 PM
F505 Disc 1 you can flush down the toilet. Disc 2 may be acceptable depending if they have succeeded to dub Ronnie's soloparts by a skilful guitarist.
October 1st, 2004 03:04 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
F505 wrote:
Disc 1 you can flush down the toilet. Disc 2 may be acceptable depending if they have succeeded to dub Ronnie's soloparts by a skilful guitarist.

Why don't you like Ronald?
October 1st, 2004 03:10 PM
F505
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Why don't you like Ronald?

Hello my Brazilian brother. I was a big fan of Ronnie in the late seventies and early eighties. But nowadays he has lost it completely. It is painful to see him fumble on stage....
October 1st, 2004 03:12 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

Hello my Brazilian brother. I was a big fan of Ronnie in the late seventies and early eighties. But nowadays he has lost it completely. It is painful to see him fumble on stage....

Absolutely correct F505..he is a pitiful sight and sadly, Keith is not too far behind....they don't play a "mean" guitar anymore..all Chuck...all suck..
October 1st, 2004 03:26 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
Absolutely correct F505..he is a pitiful sight and sadly, Keith is not too far behind....they don't play a "mean" guitar anymore..all Chuck...all suck..

sad but true....
October 1st, 2004 03:45 PM
thejuf hey, it is better than nothing...
October 1st, 2004 03:49 PM
F505 Well spoken Juf!
October 1st, 2004 03:50 PM
Nellcote New product better than no product.
Diehards always want for more, let's face it.
October 1st, 2004 04:01 PM
Gimme Shelter I still get excited by any type of new Stones album, whether it be live or studio. I will track down a copy of the European topless cover however when it is released.
October 1st, 2004 10:10 PM
Soldatti I don't know if I will buy this, probably no.