ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Andy Warhol
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger say's Charlie's on the mend Return to archive
October 1st, 2004 08:31 AM
CS Jagger say's Charlie's on the mend

Mick Jagger says Rolling Stones' drummer Charlie Watts is in good health after winning his battle with throat cancer.

Jagger said: "He's had all these treatments and he was pronounced free and clear. So we're very glad about that."

He also revealed he and Keith Richards are writing songs for a new Stones album, reports Rolling Stone magazine.

Jagger, 61, said: "The thrill is the same. You never really know what's going to happen."

The Stones' last album of original material, Bridges To Babylon, was released in 1997.

Jagger and British teenage singer Joss Stone are expected to release their remake of Cilla Black's 1966 hit Alfie as a single before Christmas.

The song is included on the soundtrack of the upcoming Jude Law remake of the Michael Caine movie which also includes three new songs written and performed by Jagger and Dave Stewart.

The songs are Old Habits Die Hard, Blind Leading the Blind and Let's Make It Up.

Jagger laughed off comparisons of himself to Jude Law's character in the movie: "The Alfie character, who doesn't want to commit, is a character that's come up again and again in literature over the last three or four hundred years.

"I think it's a stock character, a character inside all young men - and young women. There aren't any playboys anymore. They wrap themselves around trees in badly driven sports cars. I've always been very business-minded."
October 1st, 2004 09:05 AM
nankerphelge He also revealed he and Keith Richards are writing songs for a new Stones album, reports Rolling Stone magazine.

Jagger, 61, said: "The thrill is the same. You never really know what's going to happen."

----

Yes the thrill is the same isn't it!!!
October 1st, 2004 10:11 AM
erikjjf
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Yes the thrill is the same isn't it!!!

BB King is wrong, the thrill is NOT gone!
October 1st, 2004 12:26 PM
Dan I'll be thrilled if I can get it for $7.99 within 2 weeks of release.
October 1st, 2004 09:37 PM
Soldatti
quote:
CS wrote:
The Stones' last album of original material, Bridges To Babylon, was released in 1997.

Can't believe how long time...