ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Andy Warhol
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tom Waits on Letterman tonite (9/28) Return to archive
September 28th, 2004 06:12 PM
Mr Hess Tom Waits will be making a rare TV appearance tonite on 'The Late Show', 11:35pm EST.
I don't know if he's a guest or performing.
September 28th, 2004 06:17 PM
kath sweeeet!!! love him!!! remember his "renfield"????
September 28th, 2004 07:52 PM
Mr Hess
quote:
kath wrote:
sweeeet!!! love him!!! remember his "renfield"????

MASTER! MASTER!!!!!!
September 28th, 2004 07:57 PM
Gazza The mastah is coming!!

Thanks for the news on this show..we get it here a day later than the US, so I'll catch it tomorrow

September 29th, 2004 12:39 AM
Sir Stonesalot All I want for Christmas is a ticket to see Tom.

I'm standing here alone/Make it rain

September 29th, 2004 07:20 AM
Steel Wheels Shit! I missed it! How was he?
September 29th, 2004 08:05 AM
Sir Stonesalot It was magnificent.
September 29th, 2004 02:08 PM
kath damn i missed it...terrible headache. i think i caught it from joey. anybody tape it??
September 29th, 2004 03:29 PM
glencar Crap, I never watch Letterman anymore.
September 29th, 2004 11:13 PM
Mr Hess Tom looks like he hasn't aged at all.
September 30th, 2004 06:39 PM
FPM C10 Anyone tape this? I got a buddy to tape it and he forgot the show runs till 12:35 unstead of 12:30 - so it ended in the middle of the song!!!

It was G-R-E-A-T, though!!!!!

Tom's playing Seattle but no US tour yet - but they're saying MAYBE in '05.

Cross your fingers, and get REAL GONE!!
September 30th, 2004 07:30 PM
kath when's he in seattle???
October 2nd, 2004 01:28 PM
Martini
quote:
kath wrote:
when's he in seattle???

He's playing Seattle 10/18. Tickets go on sale Tuesday, and they will go quickly. I got tickets for the 10/15 Vancouver BC show (somehow I got really lucky and scored 2nd row orchestra level) and that show sold out in less than ten minutes. I'm pretty sure he will do a "proper" tour of the US next year.

By the way, I'm from Portland, Or. and this will be my first trek up to Vancouver BC. Are there any decent late night restaurants/bars near the Orpheum Theatre? Thanks.

[Edited by Martini]
October 2nd, 2004 01:42 PM
F505 I read an interview today with Tom Waits in a Belgian magazine. He told he wanted to record 'I Am Waiting' but some gospel band preceded him. Waits loves the lyrics of this song. Also he mentioned his friendship with Keith who he called a true pirate...
October 2nd, 2004 01:51 PM
Martini I can only imagine what things must be like when Tom and Keith get together . . .

October 2nd, 2004 10:11 PM
Mr Hess
quote:
Martini wrote:
I can only imagine what things must be like when Tom and Keith get together . . .

Well........Tom sez he quit boozing a while ago.....so maybe they just play their guitars together.
October 2nd, 2004 10:48 PM
Angiegirl I'd love to see him, he'll be in Holland soon, in a great theatre in Amsterdam (Carre), but the tix are sold out and they were pretty darn expensive as well (ranging from 83-98 euros or 103-122 USD) for my budget. Too bad. And we don't get Letterman anymore as well here in Holland. Tom isn't meant to be for me, snif...
October 2nd, 2004 11:20 PM
gypsy Ben Affleck is hosting the season premiere of SNL in just ten minutes. I guess that's where joshy and joey are...all snuggled up under a blanket in Nebraska, waiting for Ben to appear on their TV screen.
October 3rd, 2004 08:25 AM
Mr Hess Ben Affleck should stick to being the mascot for the Red Sux
October 3rd, 2004 10:08 AM
Steel Wheels I saw Tom open the Mule Variations tour in 1999 in Los Angeles. I loved every second of it.