ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Charlie Watts, Eric Clapton and Georgie Fame
Glyn Johns' wedding - May 11, 1979 by Paul Canty
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Just in from Mick Taylor; His new album no later than October!!! Return to archive
08-31-01 04:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I made two interview to Mick one for the TV (to be broadcast today in "Canal de las Estrellas" by Televisa a TV channel available eveywhere including the USA, Latin America and Europe!) and the other for the press.

I will post the interview later, pretty cool, but the best news is that Mick Taylor is planning to record a new album no later than OCTOBER 2001!!! No new material to play in the current tour, but in the European tour later!

This is Mick with me before the interviews at the Penthouse of a nice hotel in Mexico City

This is the second interview with my friend Juan Trujillo from LA JORNADA. He made a very nice one-page article for the event in this prestiged newspaper and will write a review of the show and the interview in both, the net and the newspaper.

I requested the interview to be conducted with the whole band with Mick but Michael Bailey didn't show up as he was in his room just waking up!

He promised not to sing Boogie Man today LOLOLOL

09-01-01 08:48 AM
Gazza Great job,Gerardo!! How the hell did you manage to arrange this to be a TV interview?????

Next time he comes to Mexico,you'll have to wear a t-shirt with the "Rocks Off" URL on it - think of the hits we'll get!!
09-01-01 11:31 AM
Jaxx nice going Gerardo!!! all the work over the past year really paid off in SPADES! 2 new interviews to add to your overwhelming video/audio collection. i'm putting my request in NOW for a copy of your TV interview with mr. taylor.

btw, nice shot of you and mick. hopefully the microphone wasn't the only thing getting passed around, amigo...LOL
09-01-01 11:16 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hey jaxx and Gazza! Thanks for you kind words!!!!

Gazza

For the TV interview it was very simple, I have a close friend in top Management in Televisa and he put me in contact with the right people.

as per the URL in a t-shirt, if I use http://www.rocksoff.org/, it will be very hard for the audience to catch it LOL, so it is another reminder to buy a domain... rocksoff.com is used but something shorter.

Jaxx

For the TV video I couldn't record it, but I'm going to try to get one from the TV station. The other interview was not for the radio, it was for the news papers and will be on the net next Monday.
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
09-02-01 05:58 PM
Miss U. Jesus, Voodoo Chile!!! Impressive!!! Kudos!
09-03-01 06:51 AM
Irina Glad to meet You on these nice photos of You and Mick
Well done!
09-03-01 05:13 PM
rogerriffin You�re la neta Gerardo, Really i can see that you works much to mick taylor�s show was "BIT-MOTHER" CONGRATULATIONS!!! thanks.
09-03-01 11:07 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Miss U, Irina and Rogerriffin

Again thanks for your words! Cool!

I want to add that one of the guests in the new Mick taylor album is Bonnie Raitt, this was told to some of the fans the next day of the show, in San Francisco.

Now, a translation to the nice "slang" from my friend Rogerriffin from Mexico City

1) You're "La neta" means something like you're "really cool"

2) "Bit-Mother" = POCA MADRE it is Mexican slang means SO FUCKING GREAT!

So thanks for your very nice words LOL

If you want, just send me your photo with Mick Taylor to use it as your avatar.

Miss U, now that I finally have some "free" time, I'm going to upload your avatar, but first I want to finish the "Mick Taylor Trip Report"
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
09-04-01 11:06 AM
T&A Talked to MT after the SF show. He confirmed that there are plans for a new album - he said new material, not covers. Bonnie Raitt was also mentioned as a possible guest. But, he said that the album has not yet been recorded. He plans to record it later in the year in London.
09-04-01 11:25 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl He told me, the recording will be during September and October, and it will be finished in October.

At this moment, he does not have a title for the album.

I'm waiting for the tape recorded by Juan Trujillo (the guy with me during the second inetrview to make a transcript word-by-word, and also trying to get the tape from TV as the clip that was broadcast last Friday was only one question.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.