ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Charlie Watts, Eric Clapton and Georgie Fame
Glyn Johns' wedding - May 11, 1979 by Paul Canty
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jerry Hall To Study Stones For Arts Degree Return to archive
08-29-01 02:50 PM
Gazza JERRY HALL TO STUDY STONES FOR ARTS DEGREE
Wednesday 29 August 2001 3:18pm

Jerry Hall will be studying the work of her ex-husband, Rolling Stone Mick Jagger, as part of her university arts degree.
The Texan model and actress is taking a four-year course with the Open University, including modules on modern art and music.

Jerry was speaking at the launch of BT's sponsorship of Tate Online, at the Tate Modern Gallery, London.

Jerry, 45, says: "It's something I've always wanted to do, it's just for me. The children are in school and the youngest has started nursery school and when you are doing that you've got all day and it's great fun.

"I will be studying Andy Warhol and I think we will also be learning about the Rolling Stones, which is something I think I've got a good head start at."

She says: "I love hanging out with artists, going to their studios and seeing work in progress - I'm an art groupie."

She says she was good friends with Salvador Dali: "I went to Paris when I was 16 years old and I became friends with Salvador Dali. We were friends for about three years, I went to dinner with him and his wife Carla and hung out with him quite a lot.

"It was fabulous, he was great but as I was 16 and from Texas I didn't realise how famous he was."

Jerry, who bared all when she starred as Mrs Robinson in the West End production of The Graduate, says she turned down a role in one of Dali's films because it involved nudity.

Jerry says: "He asked me to appear in his film he wanted to do in Spain. He wanted me to run through his garden, where all the statues were, with a piece of white chiffon in the nude. But at that point I said I didn't do nude, which was really silly of me, I should have done it."

(c) Copyright Ananova Ltd 2001, all rights reserved.

08-29-01 08:55 PM
Miss U. Jerry will be studying the Stones? What University is this?? Wish they had Stones on the curriculum when I was in university years ago! Maybe Gazza can found a Stones University; he's definitely got the knowledge...lol.

08-30-01 04:32 PM
CS
Jerry Hall poses for the media during a photocall at the Tate Modern in London,
Wednesday Aug. 29, 2001. The Texas-born model and former partner of Mick
Jagger said Wednesday, that she is studying for an arts degree, with modules in
fine art and music, at Britain's Open University. "I will be studying Andy Warhol
and I think we will also be learning about the Rolling Stones, which is something I
think I've got a good head start at,'' said Hall. (AP Photo/pa, M J Kim)

And this is from the same article from Ananova as posted yesterday bu jaxx

08-30-01 06:27 PM
Gazza >Jerry will be studying the Stones? What University is this??

its the Open University..its not a university you actually GO to physically...its kind of BBC run and you can do most of the work at home
08-30-01 07:38 PM
Juicy Brucie Isn't this some kind of academic nepotism? ;-)

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.