ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Charlie Watts, Eric Clapton and Georgie Fame
Glyn Johns' wedding - May 11, 1979 by Paul Canty
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 1967 EUROPEAN TOUR, Warsaw concert Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-07-01 04:29 PM
Miss U. Gazza, didn't they also sometimes do the reverse? I mean Mick lip-synching and the band playing live. I have an interview with Mick where he talks about the band doing those old shows, especially Top of The Pops videos, where he says they would do either one or the other. Not sure why that is, why not have everyone playing live together; unless this way would assure better sound.
09-07-01 05:24 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 the october 1964, may 1965 and february 1966 performances were all live vocals and live playing. when they made appearances in september 1966, january 1967 and november 1969 the vocals were live but backing track was in the background.
09-07-01 05:28 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 i am referring to the ed sullivan appearances.
09-07-01 11:52 PM
robbluedog Stu did NOT play the piano on the studio version of 'Let's spend the night together'. It was played by Jack Nitschke. Jack Nitschke also played various keyboards on other stuff the Stones recorded as well.

An example of Ian Stewart on piano are the songs 'Let it bleed' and 'Flight 505' . He had a distinctive boogie woogie style and was reputed to not like minor chords.
09-08-01 12:15 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 that is correct that Ian was boogie woogie playing only. he was not classically trained like Jack nitzche and nicky hopkins. ian's piano is very recognizable.
09-09-01 12:49 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Now some pics from that memorable day

These are the pix we have been using as header during the last days, more to come soon. As far as I know, Taras from Ukraine is translating an article from Polish to English and the rest of the pics will be posted with the article. Stay tuned!
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.