ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Charlie Watts, Eric Clapton and Georgie Fame
Glyn Johns' wedding - May 11, 1979 by Paul Canty
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I Don't Know Why Return to archive
08-22-01 07:07 PM
Cherry Oh Baby Could somebody please tell me is it true that the song I Don't Know Why was recorded the same day Brian Jones had died? And is it true that Jimmy Page played guitar in one of Metamorphosis songs?
08-22-01 11:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The sessions were held from 17th April to 2nd July in London at Olympic Sound Studios, but I don't know why was recorded from midnight to 4:35 a.m. on June 30, 1969 some days before Brian passed.

There are some rumours about being in the middle of recording "I don't know why" when they were interrupted by a phone call early in the morning of 3rd July 1969, informing them that Brian had died. It is false, the comment above is directly from Bill Wyman saying "I VIVIDLY RECALL"

However it is true that they were mixing tracks for Let it Bleed, and in between 2:00 and 3:00 am they received the phone call from Tom Keylock's wife.
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
08-23-01 12:16 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl About your second question, no, Jimmy is not in Metamophosis but in Dirty Work, but he was at several recording sessions, click here for full details; in each entry find "Jimmy Page"
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
09-05-01 11:20 AM
Stonesmillenium2001 Jimmy Page appeared on tracks on metamorphosis but the songs that he appeared on were demos Mick Jagger recorded with sesssion musicians only. Keith Richards may be on some of those sessions, but mostly it Mick Jagger working with session musicians that were brought in by Andrew Oldham. I know Jimmy Page appeared on the demo version of Heart of Stone. There are very few tracks on this recording that featured The Rolling Stones. The tracks where most of the stones are involved include Don't Lie to Me, I Don't Know Why, If You Let me, Jiving Sister Fanny, Downtown Suzie, Family, Memo from Turner and I'm Going Down.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.