ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Charlie Watts, Eric Clapton and Georgie Fame
Glyn Johns' wedding - May 11, 1979 by Paul Canty
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A page documenting the Greek Concert 1967 Return to archive
08-22-01 01:19 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Finally it's done, some minor changes in the page names, but it doesn't matter now

SPECIAL THANKS TO FOTINI FROM GREECE FOR TRANSLATING THE ARTICLES TO ENGLISH, SCANNING 9 PICTURES AND ADDING HIS COMMENTS. AND, AS ALWAYS TO IRINA FROM RUSSIA FOR PROVIDING 12 GREAT PICTURES

For years this concert has been a mystery, as it was not documented, no tape extant and the set list is not known for sure.

So click the image and enjoy!

08-22-01 02:38 PM
Robert Schneeweiss Good job VC. That sounded like a pretty wild finale - one can see the similarity to the abrupt ending from the "Gimme Shelter" show at Altamont.
08-23-01 03:47 PM
Tom Congratulations Irina, Fotini and VC

This is the kind of posts I like, sadly those threads about Aerosmith and The Black Crowes seem to be more interesting.

Keep the good work here, I love this board because it's oriented to news and information. I don't have too much time to read opinions or irrelevant chat
08-23-01 10:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hey Robert and Tom and those who sent their words by e-mail!

Thanks a lot for your words but this page wouldn't be possible without our friends and regulars Irina, who sending the photos inspired Fotini to do a really hard work translating the articles to English, scanning some additional pictures and adding some cool coments.

So don't thank me, thank them! thanks us!!
08-23-01 11:02 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Here are some words from friends, they were sent to me in a private mail, I forwarded to Fotini and Irina, But I think it's great to share them with you, and of course you may add whatever you want for Fotini and Irina

Axel Schumacher(Germany)

Great work, I'm very happy, that this finally is available (mainly because I leave in 2,5 weeks to Greece and will present these documents to my Stones fans there).

A big Thank you to all participating people!!

Gary Wheelock (USA)

Thank you Gerardo, this article/research is especially cool! This is the kind
of stuff I love to read, thanks for taking the time to do this.

Helen Hall (USA)

Really enjoyed those pages about the last show of the tour.
I've never read anything like it - really great!!!
Thanks.
Helen

Nico Zentgraf (Germany)

Hello Gerardo,

thanks a lot.

Nico

Just a few, but what a few! We really appreciate your words, they are the fuel of our engine to continue spreading information about the greatest band in the world... and you know?

WE LIKE IT!!!!!

Keep rocking everybody

Sincerely
09-06-01 09:53 AM
Stonesmillenium2001 cool photos

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.