ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Troy Fleece / Leader Post with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NY Dolls to play Underground Garage Tour Return to archive
5th October 2006 09:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot Tix $20.00

11/25/2006, TLA Philly.

The Charms/The Chesterfield Kings/The Supersuckers/NY Dolls

AND

Go-Go Dancers!

This tour switches headliners...The Romantics are playing about half the dates. You can check Little Steven's website for the show nearest you.

And don't skip it if you get The Romantics...I've seen 'em, and they kick booty live.
5th October 2006 09:46 PM
Dan LA gets both the Romantics AND the New York Dolls. Different shows though.
5th October 2006 09:55 PM
pdog Looks like we got The Dolls in November!
The same night as The Who, that is an easy choice to make!
Too bad The romantics are tonight, I gotta stay home tonight with the kids...
[Edited by pdog]
5th October 2006 10:17 PM
Sir Stonesalot I just realized...It's two different tours.

The Romantics are doing one tour, and then in Nov The Dolls start a completely different tour.

$20.00. Now THAT is money well spent.
5th October 2006 10:18 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I just realized...It's two different tours.

The Romantics are doing one tour, and then in Nov The Dolls start a completely different tour.

$20.00. Now THAT is money well spent.

I've never seen The Dolls live!
5th October 2006 10:34 PM
Sir Stonesalot It's a fun show, and a fun band.

If you are free that evening...you need to see 'em.

Oh, and if you never saw The Chesterfield Kings...they are worth the price of admission themselves.
5th October 2006 10:37 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
It's a fun show, and a fun band.

If you are free that evening...you need to see 'em.

Oh, and if you never saw The Chesterfield Kings...they are worth the price of admission themselves.

I love the Kings... I already marked the date on my Calendar...
5th October 2006 10:42 PM
Dan The London Quireboys were very briefly advertised for last night's show with The Romantics in Hollywood but apparently never happened.
6th October 2006 12:08 AM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:
Looks like we got The Dolls in November!
The same night as The Who, that is an easy choice to make!
Too bad The romantics are tonight, I gotta stay home tonight with the kids...
[Edited by pdog]

same nite as the who here too? fuck thats weird. goin to see the who......again!!!
6th October 2006 12:36 AM
Paranoid_Android DC gets them on a SUNDAY NITE!!!!

I cannot wait...though I guess i will have to
6th October 2006 07:11 AM
Factory Girl
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
DC gets them on a SUNDAY NITE!!!!

I cannot wait...though I guess i will have to

Where are they playing and do you mean 10/8? TIA!
6th October 2006 04:09 PM
danielharris627 I am seeing the dolls in like a week!! :P
6th October 2006 04:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot You'll have a sweet time of it my young friend.
6th October 2006 05:27 PM
crb69 one of the best RNR bands out there right now!!! The best new material I've heard in years...

"One Day it will please us to remember even this"

In one word...INFECTIOUS

6th October 2006 09:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot That song that they do with Iggy is a killer...Gimme Love & Turn On The Lights.
6th October 2006 10:03 PM
Riffhard That'll be a damned good show. The funny thing is that Little Steven absolutly stole the idea for his Underground Garage Show from a show that is on my station! No shit. He was on The Electric Ballroom here on WRAT,and he kept going on about how he really dug the show. He said that he would kill to host a show like the EB. So he did! Not that we are bitching about it mind you,but them there are the facts. He has been back on the EB a couple of times and all but said that he was directly inspired by it. Just thought you should know that. Listen to the Electric Ballroom online at WRAT.com Sunday nights 10pm to 12am. It kicks and there are always cool guests and great tunes by everyone from the Dolls to the Stooges. Also David Johanson is great friends with one of the hosts. In fact said host is Dave's producer for his Sirrius radio show.

Riffy
6th October 2006 10:56 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
That'll be a damned good show. The funny thing is that Little Steven absolutly stole the idea for his Underground Garage Show from a show that is on my station! No shit. He was on The Electric Ballroom here on WRAT,and he kept going on about how he really dug the show. He said that he would kill to host a show like the EB. So he did! Not that we are bitching about it mind you,but them there are the facts. He has been back on the EB a couple of times and all but said that he was directly inspired by it. Just thought you should know that. Listen to the Electric Ballroom online at WRAT.com Sunday nights 10pm to 12am. It kicks and there are always cool guests and great tunes by everyone from the Dolls to the Stooges. Also David Johanson is great friends with one of the hosts. In fact said host is Dave's producer for his Sirrius radio show.

Riffy

More radio stations should follow suit. I actually look forward to Steven show every week, last time that happened to me with FM radio was Dr. Demento in the late 70's...
6th October 2006 11:57 PM
Sir Stonesalot I've only heard Little Steven's FM show once...and I wasn't that impressed. Not much personality, and a predictable playlist. Then you got those annoying commercials...

His Sirius channel is great though. Mighty Manfred from The Woggles has a cool show. So does Andrew Loog Oldham. Ko Melina is good on the weekends. And I dig Handsome Dick Manitoba's show too. All beat the shit out of Little Steven's show on FM, IMO.

Oh, and they can cuss and not bleep out the cuss words in the songs. I value that. I really fucking do.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)