ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Troy Fleece / Leader Post with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Departed Return to archive
4th October 2006 11:37 AM
Gimme Shelter Went to see the premiere of the Departed last night. Cool flick but more importantly they play Gimme Shelter and Let It Loose in it.
4th October 2006 11:38 AM
glencar Any good?
4th October 2006 12:04 PM
texile are the songs prominent?
in thier entirety?
4th October 2006 02:01 PM
Gimme Shelter Both songs are used in the background and the majoriety of both songs were played. I thought the movie was good, it sure wasn't predictable.
4th October 2006 05:01 PM
MrPleasant I just read that this Departed is a remake of an asian film. I didn't like the original that much. However, this doesn't seem like another Vanilla Sky (which "remade" Abre Los Ojos, which was ludicrous for a start).

I don't go to the movies anymore. I still haven't seen The Aviator, Batman Begins, Match Point, Crash, etc. And I'm not going crazy to watch them right now. Woody Allen is doing all these pointless movies (which are, still, miles ahead from the average comedy), Wim Wenders is probably making another documentary on music that I don't care about and Ingmar Bergman is semi-retired. I'd watch The Wicker Man, only because I could use the laughs. Who knows.
[Edited by MrPleasant]
5th October 2006 12:14 AM
glencar Try Batman Begins. It was better than the reviews.
5th October 2006 12:19 AM
GotToRollMe Hey Mr. Pleasant, you know your flicks, huh? The Aviator was actually pretty good. I didn't think DeCaprio would be able to pull it off, but he did a decent job of it. You might like it.
5th October 2006 12:22 AM
Gimme Shelter He was good in the Departed
5th October 2006 10:56 AM
MrPleasant Thanks, glencar and GotToRollMe; I was planning on "catching" those flicks through Cable.
5th October 2006 02:41 PM
chevysales
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
I just read that this Departed is a remake of an asian film. I didn't like the original that much. However, this doesn't seem like another Vanilla Sky (which "remade" Abre Los Ojos, which was ludicrous for a start).

I don't go to the movies anymore. I still haven't seen The Aviator, Batman Begins, Match Point, Crash, etc. And I'm not going crazy to watch them right now. Woody Allen is doing all these pointless movies (which are, still, miles ahead from the average comedy), Wim Wenders is probably making another documentary on music that I don't care about and Ingmar Bergman is semi-retired. I'd watch The Wicker Man, only because I could use the laughs. Who knows.
[Edited by MrPleasant]

crash was a good one and the de[arted looks like a sat nite for me.
5th October 2006 02:46 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
chevysales wrote:

crash was a good one and the de[arted looks like a sat nite for me.

Actually, I'm more interested in Crash. I spend most of my saturday nights passing out on my house.
5th October 2006 06:39 PM
chevysales
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

Actually, I'm more interested in Crash. I spend most of my saturday nights passing out on my house.

you will love crash... good stuff
6th October 2006 06:20 AM
Nellcote Of course, what city was the basis for the film?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=f1sJ1JTrsM8

Marky Mark has the accent down right....
Here's a cut from his former rap life...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-L8GX0PJ81I
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)