ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Troy Fleece / Leader Post with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Never knew this about Mick Return to archive
4th October 2006 04:11 AM
Hannalee until I read the opening paragraph of Pete Townshend's latest diary entry:

"Years ago, maybe back in 1981, I was at a party Mick Jagger threw in NY for Jerry Hall's birthday, and he was playing some great Blues records. They were in a huge travel trunk. I asked him why he kept his records that way, and he told me they travelled with him everywhere. Even to hotel rooms on the road? Yes, he said. So you take a lot of records, I said. No, I take all my records, he replied. All of them. Everywhere."

Do you think any of the others do likewise?

4th October 2006 04:26 AM
FotiniD Wow, that's a nice little story. I wonder if he still does that. Didn't quite expect it.

I'm guessing most of them must carry some of the music they like along. I mean, think about spending months on the road, away from home. You do need something "yours" along with you.
4th October 2006 06:30 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
I wonder if he still does that.

Sure, everyone has an iPod these days.
4th October 2006 07:55 AM
corgi37 I think Keith takes a fair bit of shit too.
4th October 2006 09:27 AM
glencar I've heard that they have huge trunks with them when they travel but would they still take old LP's?
4th October 2006 10:13 AM
GotToRollMe Joey posted that in one of the threads here last night.
Fucking classic!

"So you take a lot of records, I said. No, I take all my records, he replied. All of them. Everywhere."

4th October 2006 10:17 AM
glencar Joey actually imparted knowledge? That IS funny!
4th October 2006 10:20 AM
jb Pete T. loves jagger!!!!
4th October 2006 10:24 AM
glencar Yes, he wanted to ram him when he first saw him from the wings.
4th October 2006 07:09 PM
Soldatti Times have changed.
4th October 2006 07:26 PM
mrhipfl of course they take all of their stuff with 'em. what do you guys think the 54 trucks are for?
[Edited by mrhipfl]
4th October 2006 07:30 PM
telecaster I have heard Mick say in interviews that he always listens to the college radio stations in whatever town he is in since they play the best stuff

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)