ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Troy Fleece / Leader Post with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Foley says he has "behaviorial problems" (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
5th October 2006 01:28 PM
sirmoonie This thread has really degenerated. It wasn't much to begin with, and now look at it.
5th October 2006 01:32 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
This thread has really degenerated. It wasn't much to begin with, and now look at it.

hijacked?
5th October 2006 01:39 PM
BONOISLOVE OK, who wants to listen to my new ballad?
5th October 2006 01:43 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:

I won't be able to go... kinda sucks! Even if i was given tickets, it just doesn't look good... Fucking sucks!

I'm going to gave to pull some major favors if I extend my trip. I don't think I have the Karma to score the tickets myself. I already scored the golden ticket to the Roseland Chocolate Factory, I don't think lightning will strike twice for me!
5th October 2006 01:45 PM
glencar I wish they were doing MSG instead. At least then I'd have a chance.
5th October 2006 01:47 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
This thread has really degenerated. It wasn't much to begin with, and now look at it.

There's no one to argue with...

The Democrats realize that allowing a deviant sexual predator like Foley (D-FL) in their party will not get Tom Cruise(GHEY-CA) to come out of the closet!
5th October 2006 02:19 PM
pdog This thread must reach 500!
5th October 2006 02:20 PM
pdog "So basically Pages are brought down there to perform sexual exploits for legislators?"

"No, that’s what the interns are for. Pages are just the aphrodisiacs, set the mood, get them primed. They’re the Fluffers of Liberty."
5th October 2006 02:22 PM
pdog I'm getting impatient waiting for Hastert to speak, anyone know what he's going to say? Are we gonna get Omaha'd?
5th October 2006 02:26 PM
monkey_man He's going to say Foley had a wardrobe malfunction

5th October 2006 02:29 PM
pdog what did one member of congress tell the other member on Wednesday?
Have a nice weekend!

5th October 2006 02:34 PM
monkey_man
What did one member of congress tell the other member on October 15th?
Have a great X-mas. . .see you in Jan!

5th October 2006 02:36 PM
glencar Pdog, why the need for 500 posts? If it comes, it comes. Let it flow naturally...
5th October 2006 02:51 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Dudes attorneys name is David Roth.

For Some Guy:

5th October 2006 02:59 PM
glencar They just don't get it, Tele. Every time Bubba is brought up, we're dredging the past. They've never gotten the concept & never will.
5th October 2006 03:02 PM
telecaster
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Can somebody please explain to me why our Republican friends are so hell bent on bringing up Clinton??

Sure LJ. Clinton was brought up for comparison sake between howe the two parties handle these sad events

For example, Clinton PARDONED convicted Dem Congressman and sexual pedophile Mel Reynolds (D, IL)

See you in Chitown

5th October 2006 03:04 PM
telecaster
quote:
glencar wrote:
They just don't get it, Tele. Every time Bubba is brought up, we're dredging the past. They've never gotten the concept & never will.

Howe can Clinton not get brought up? He won't leave

He sticks his nose in everday events and comments on everything and anything to keep his pug in the news
5th October 2006 03:09 PM
glencar What will we tell the hypocrites?

http://www.drudgereport.com/page.htm
5th October 2006 03:10 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
You know, that's pretty despicable. If you can't debate politics like a mature adult...well, I guess stay on this thread!

Mature adult? You mean like calling people who are smarter than you "fucking imbeciles"?

Fiji's Howard Dean moment.
5th October 2006 03:12 PM
glencar Oh horseshit. You could have responded in kind but instead you pulled his nice moment with Charlie & started making fun of him. You know, I'll talk politics/Stones with almost anyone but I wash my hands of you. Next you'll be posting about your bar in South Carolina...
5th October 2006 03:17 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
BJ is quite sassy these days! But intelligence is a necessary talent when talking politics! So's maturity. I don't think I've ever seen him/her acquiesce to someone else's point of view.

I don't think that's quite right. I recall a discussion with Fiji in which I acknowledged that liberals, by virtue of our ethic of tolerance, are susceptible to underestimating the danger of intolerant fanatics. I also recall that Fiji dropped the ball in that thread and refused to respond to my assertion that the danger of fanaticism in this country comes primarily from the religious right, not Islamofascists.

While you're lecturing on maturity, Glencar, who about addressing Fiji's "fucking imbeciles" tirade. Please recall that it was that unprovoked ad hominem broadside which lowered the level of discourse and invited me to take the gloves off as well.

I wish I could make it to Chicago. I would enjoy sharing a drink with all of you. You are welcome to come to Seattle.
5th October 2006 03:20 PM
glencar Fiji's already addressed it. Maybe you missed his post? It's about 30 posts back...
5th October 2006 03:20 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
Oh horseshit. You could have responded in kind but instead you pulled his nice moment with Charlie & started making fun of him. You know, I'll talk politics/Stones with almost anyone but I wash my hands of you. Next you'll be posting about your bar in South Carolina...

I did respond "in kind", or rather several notches above, by pointing out Fiji's lack of intellectual credentials (which contrasts with you, BTW). I then dropped to Fiji's level. Making fun of a person's appearance should have been beneath me, I agree. I imagine Fiji had as much fun callin me an imbecile as I did calling him a doofus.
5th October 2006 03:21 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Mature adult? You mean like calling people who are smarter than you "fucking imbeciles"?

Fiji's Howard Dean moment.

Ain't now the time you drop the H bomb?...go on...tell us you went to Harvard...remind us that there are more nuances to affirmative action than race

Funny you would consider me jokingly referring to ALL of you as "fucking retards" as immature...considering you, above all, insist on defining yourself as smarter than everyone else...you do it like once a day...a reminder to yourself, I guess, that the reason you don't make more money is due to stoicism and not just general malaise...

Now I could post that pic I've seen of you looking all Wavy Gravy like, and add some silly-ass comment that would have the entire board rolling on the floor...but I'm not there yet
5th October 2006 03:21 PM
telecaster
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
to my assertion that the danger of fanaticism in this country comes primarily from the religious right, not Islamofascists.

"respond to my assertion that the danger of fanaticism in this country comes primarily from the religious right, not Islamofascists."

Folks, meet todays liberal, BJ

And they wonder why the country flushes them down the can every time
5th October 2006 03:24 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

I did respond "in kind", or rather several notches above, by pointing out Fiji's lack of intellectual credentials (which contrasts with you, BTW). I then dropped to Fiji's level. Making fun of a person's appearance should have been beneath me, I agree. I imagine Fiji had as much fun callin me an imbecile as I did calling him a doofus.

Did it not strike your enormous brain as peculiar that I would just out of the blue go on a tirade in a thread that I had not, prior to that, posted?...and did you not read the post...the part about not knee-jerking?...calling for reflection
5th October 2006 03:24 PM
glencar
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

I've met Fiji & I'll say he's one of the funniest & smartest people on this board that I've met. You might not like his jokes/politics but you should be able to acknowledge that he's at least as smart as you or me.
5th October 2006 03:25 PM
Brainbell Jangler The offensive post has been deleted.
5th October 2006 03:27 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
I've met Fiji & I'll say he's one of the funniest & smartest people on this board that I've met. You might not like his jokes/politics but you should be able to acknowledge that he's at least as smart as you or me.

What intellectual credentials am I lacking?...just curious?
5th October 2006 03:31 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
telecaster wrote:

"respond to my assertion that the danger of fanaticism in this country comes primarily from the religious right, not Islamofascists."

Folks, meet todays liberal, BJ

And they wonder why the country flushes them down the can every time

Perhaps the point was too subtle. I'm not suggestion that the religious right will start flying planes into buildings are producing similar mayhem, with the exception of a few clinic bombers and doctor murderers, etc. I'm simply saying that, no matter what they do, Islamofascists will never take over this country. We will never be part of a world caliphate. Christian theocrats, on the other hand, actively seek power in this country and have had some success in attaining it.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)