ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Troy Fleece / Leader Post with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Foley says he has "behaviorial problems" (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
5th October 2006 12:05 PM
glencar I think we have anotehr area of agreement, Raspy. I think his 50 state will pay dividends down the line but it's not helping this year. Then again, with Hastert & the Gumps, why worry? And Tip was wrong. 1994 proved that. This will again show howe wrong he was.
[Edited by glencar]
5th October 2006 12:08 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

100% correct....They blame Clinton for anything that goes wrong. They can never argue based on facts, just past wrongs . Clinton=#1 president since JFK. Reagan sucked!!! Take that my republican friends.

Thank you my Boca residing friend.

I SHALL be greeted in AC, no???

LJ.
5th October 2006 12:10 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Thank you my Boca residing friend.

I SHALL be greeted in AC, no???

LJ.

Yes.............I am hoping AC/beacon and calling it a day.
5th October 2006 12:12 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:

Good point..was he exactly as you always imagined? Just a shy, english gentleman?

Yes...he carries himself with, for lack of a better word, grace...very elegant...he is a very small man..smaller than I imagined...standing with my arm around him I felt I could break him
5th October 2006 12:12 PM
rasputin56 I beg to differ on one point. The Republicans have brilliantly redistricted so that their incumbents are favored to win, even in hotly contested races. For example, the Dems came close in two recent races in heavily Republican areas for Duke's seat and that Schmidt/Hackett race but even with all the bad news going the Republicans way nationally, they were not able to overcome the hurdle. For that, I give them credit.
5th October 2006 12:16 PM
glencar You don't understand, they're both gerrymandering their districts. All incumbents want to play it safe. But I think the margin in teh House does come pretty close to reflecting the overall popular vote for teh House. It used to skew more heavily towards Dems in teh 70's until the GOP played catch-up. BTW Iowa has a computer make up its maps & the GOP won all but one district there. And that Jean Schmidt district you mentioned is fairly reliable for the GOP. That was an off-year election in the summer.
5th October 2006 12:16 PM
jb And the Rep. controlled judiciary is rubber stamping all these unconstitutional redidtricting plans in most cases.
5th October 2006 12:18 PM
glencar Yes, like the plans that have gotten us so many black Congressmen!
5th October 2006 12:33 PM
pdog I said it days ago, and the clock is ticking. I give hastert another 24 hours, if I'm wrong and he doesn't resign, like I predicted, I will by everyone in the world, front row Stones Beacon Theater tickets...
Haster resigns, Republicans can get back to campaigning and possibly hold onto thier majority in the senate and house. Possibly!
5th October 2006 12:37 PM
monkey_man Hastert has called for a press conference in 20 min's. Damn I hope he doesn't resign. . .I really need those Beacon tickets!
5th October 2006 12:43 PM
glencar I think he should go.
5th October 2006 12:45 PM
glencar http://www.blacknewsweekly.com/news322.html
5th October 2006 12:45 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think he should go.

I hated him from day one..a typical GOp'er following orders no matter what. He is a fat, round, disgusting man. I hope he goes back to the boyscotts.
5th October 2006 12:46 PM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:
BTW Iowa has a computer make up its maps & the GOP won all but one district there. And that Jean Schmidt district you mentioned is fairly reliable for the GOP. That was an off-year election in the summer.

Iowa? As far as the Schmidt race (another beauty of a Repub.), that was my point. Yes, it's a very reliable Republican stronghold (the previous guy got 72% of the vote) and was more than likely created to be so. The Republican party in Ohio has been getting killed for well over a year now over corruption, etc., she was still able to win over an unknown Iraqi War veteran because of this. That kind of thing is very difficult for an opponent to overcome.
5th October 2006 12:49 PM
glencar
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Iowa? As far as the Schmidt race (another beauty of a Repub.), that was my point. Yes, it's a very reliable Republican stronghold (the previous guy got 72% of the vote) and was more than likely created to be so. The Republican party in Ohio has been getting killed for well over a year now over corruption, etc., she was still able to win over an unknown Iraqi War veteran because of this. That kind of thing is very difficult for an opponent to overcome.

Raspy, my point is that is a heavily GOP area.
5th October 2006 12:50 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

I hated him from day one..a typical GOp'er following orders no matter what. He is a fat, round, disgusting man. I hope he goes back to the boyscotts.

Boycotts or Boy Scouts?
5th October 2006 12:53 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Hastert has called for a press conference in 20 min's. Damn I hope he doesn't resign. . .I really need those Beacon tickets!

He isn't a Newt Gingrich or Bill Clinton type of guy. The Republicans need someone who is a media presence, and not tied to this Foley crap, to step up and take charge...

It's obvious, at best, Hastert is not in control, and at worst knew about this stuff and sat on it. I like to think he's just incontinent, oops, I mean incompetent!
5th October 2006 12:53 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:

Hastert is a heavy GOP area, NO?
5th October 2006 12:55 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:
I said it days ago, and the clock is ticking. I give hastert another 24 hours, if I'm wrong and he doesn't resign, like I predicted, I will by everyone in the world, front row Stones Beacon Theater tickets

From CNN: The Associated Press reports House Speaker Dennis Hastert intends to remain as speaker now and for the new term of Congress in 2007, according to a GOP aide.
5th October 2006 12:56 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

Hastert is a heavy GOP area, NO?

LOL Yes, indeed.
5th October 2006 01:01 PM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:

Yes, and my point was that in many districts throughout the country, it's not done purely by chance. And yes, it has been done by both sides.
5th October 2006 01:01 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

From CNN: The Associated Press reports House Speaker Dennis Hastert intends to remain as speaker now and for the new term of Congress in 2007, according to a GOP aide.

Don't count on it... Hastert is stuck between a rock and a hard place. If He steps down, He must deal with the firestorm. He stays in and he possibly ruins the mid terms for The Rep's. in the house and senate.
He'll have to face the shit storm, the circle firing squad isn't done, and the wounded aren't counted, when that is ended, he will step down.
I'm not sure yet, but from my POV, seems The Dems have a better strtegy when dealing with scandal, whatever is being done here isn't working out to well.
It cost $40 mil to pay for a Democratic blow job...
The Dems are getting this one on the cheap. Which is good, since we need the money for Iraq!
5th October 2006 01:07 PM
monkey_man What PDog said:

quote:
pdog wrote:
I said it days ago, and the clock is ticking. I give hastert another 24 hours, if I'm wrong and he doesn't resign, like I predicted, I will by everyone in the world, front row Stones Beacon Theater tickets...

What I heard:
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Beacon Tickets Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
5th October 2006 01:13 PM
pdog There's a silver cloud here for Republicans. The Dems didn't break this story, somewhere there is a hero, who spoke up. The person/s should be applauded.
Trying to blame it in some left wing conspiracy is not good, and I don'tt hink it exists...
There's abviously good moral people in both parties, and The Republicans need to embrace, not scapegoat the person who broke this story. Even if they knew of it for some time, b/c they obviously had a moment of clarity and saw it for what it was...
I wish it was Hastert, it would restore my confidence in the senate, by all accounts it was Fordham...
The senators who knew of this, appear to have not only dropped the ball, but are now blaming each other.
Hastert will resign as speaker once the ball is done being pointed at!
5th October 2006 01:13 PM
BONOISLOVE Please! Everytime I read some negative stuff regarding George Bush and his gang I get a heart attack! He's the leader of the world, after all, and he's rich. So stop dissing him, stop stop stop stop stop stop stop stop stop stop stop. (Stops)
5th October 2006 01:14 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
What PDog said:

What I heard:
Beacon Tickets Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Do you doubt my sincerity?
5th October 2006 01:15 PM
pdog
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:
Please! Everytime I read some negative stuff regarding George Bush and his gang I get a heart attack! He's the leader of the world, after all, and he's rich. So stop dissing him, stop stop stop stop stop stop stop stop stop stop stop. (Stops)

Have you found what you were looking for yet?
5th October 2006 01:16 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:

Do you doubt my sincerity?

Never! My head is elsewhere at the moment. . .must get Beacon tickets!
5th October 2006 01:24 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Never! My head is elsewhere at the moment. . .must get Beacon tickets!

I won't be able to go... kinda sucks! Even if i was given tickets, it just doesn't look good... Fucking sucks!
5th October 2006 01:25 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
pdog wrote:

Have you found what you were looking for yet?

You make Bono giggle.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)