ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Troy Fleece / Leader Post with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Foley says he has "behaviorial problems" (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
2nd October 2006 02:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Published - October, 2, 2006

Foley says he has "behaviorial problems"
Jim Ash
Tallahassee Democrat

TALLAHASSEE: Former Congressman Mark Foley said this morning that he is struggling with an alcohol addiction and "behavioral problems" and plans to check into an undisclosed rehabilitation facility.

"I strongly believe that I am an alcoholic and have accepted the need for immediate treatment for alcoholism and other behavioral problems," Foley said in a statement released by his attorney and reported by the Associated Press.

Foley resigned abruptly on Friday after ABC News confronted him with sexually explicit e-mails and instant messages he exchanged with teenage male congressional pages.

An executive committee of the Republican Party of Florida is expected later today to nominate a candidate to replace Foley in the Nov. 7 general election, even though Foley's name will remain on the ballot.

Palm Beach County Commissioner Karen Marcus, a Republican whose name surfaced as a potential Foley replacement, said this morning she did not want to run for Congress.

"I've never really been interested in Congress," Marcus said. "My family is here."

A longtime friend of Foley's, Marcus recalled meeting with him several months ago to discuss his reelection campaign. Marcus said Foley was being recruited by party officials to challenge U.S. Rep. Katherine Harris of Sarasota in the Republican primary for U.S. Senate.

Marcus said she saw no signs that Foley had a substance abuse problem.

"He was just always working," she said. "Maybe it was more apparent in Washington, or a closet thing."

AP contributed to this report.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
2nd October 2006 02:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >...Mark Foley said this morning that he is struggling with an alcohol addiction and "behavioral problems"...<

2nd October 2006 02:58 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
"Maybe it was more apparent in Washington, or a closet thing."

well he's out of the closet now...
2nd October 2006 03:10 PM
monkey_man
2nd October 2006 03:15 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
>...Mark Foley said this morning that he is struggling with an alcohol addiction and "behavioral problems"...<

2nd October 2006 03:44 PM
gimmekeef I've had behavioural problems my whole life too...but somehow seducing young boys never crossed my mind!......
2nd October 2006 04:41 PM
rasputin56 Maybe you just weren't doing it right?
2nd October 2006 05:44 PM
pdog He was behaving like a sexual predator...
2nd October 2006 05:47 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

2nd October 2006 09:51 PM
glencar But is he actually accused of seducing anyone? He sounds like a total loser in any case.
2nd October 2006 10:14 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
But is he actually accused of seducing anyone? He sounds like a total loser in any case.

Good question, the facts aren't all in... But where's there's smoke. I'm sure we will nkow more soon, seems his IM's are what was graphic, and sexual...
2nd October 2006 10:18 PM
Lethargy This guy sounds like a really creepy scumbag. Good golly miss molly.

Now I can't help but resist throwing in a political comparison. Let's see here...

Exhibit R(epublican): Foley is discovered to be slime. Immediately resigns, and his party immediately condemns him publicly.

Exhibit D(emocrat): Clinton is discovered to have made a career of serial sexual harassment. Refuses to resign. Entire party sticks by him, claiming "personal" issues have nothing to do with leadership. Democrat operatives spend years trying to destroy the lives of Clinton's accusers, one by one.

I couldn't decide whether to use Clinton for the example, or Ted Kennedy. Probably should have used Ted, who actually caused a girls death. This is manslaughter for anyone else, but not only is he not in jail but he didn't even resign.

The difference is striking. Democrats are first class hypocrites.

BTW, when I say Democrats, I'm talking about the elected officials of recent years, not the Dems on this board most of whom I enjoy and respect lest they forget.

2nd October 2006 10:27 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I might stay a up a little later tonight just so's to hear Jay Leno's commentary.

There must be some good Foley jokes going around but I haven't heard any. ???????????????????????
2nd October 2006 10:29 PM
glencar
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
This guy sounds like a really creepy scumbag. Good golly miss molly.

Now I can't help but resist throwing in a political comparison. Let's see here...

Exhibit R(epublican): Foley is discovered to be slime. Immediately resigns, and his party immediately condemns him publicly.

Exhibit D(emocrat): Clinton is discovered to have made a career of serial sexual harassment. Refuses to resign. Entire party sticks by him, claiming "personal" issues have nothing to do with leadership. Democrat operatives spend years trying to destroy the lives of Clinton's accusers, one by one.

I couldn't decide whether to use Clinton for the example, or Ted Kennedy. Probably should have used Ted, who actually caused a girls death. This is manslaughter for anyone else, but not only is he not in jail but he didn't even resign.

The difference is striking. Democrats are first class hypocrites.

BTW, when I say Democrats, I'm talking about the elected officials of recent years, not the Dems on this board most of whom I enjoy and respect lest they forget.

Google "Mel Reynolds" and you'll see what hypocrites the Dems are. Slimy as EVER!
2nd October 2006 10:56 PM
pdog Lethargy makes an excellent point. I'd go as far to simply say both parties are scumbags, and good honest fun loving americans are the ones who suffer.
Re-elect no one, problem solved! One term and you're out!
Good Golly Miss Molly!!!
2nd October 2006 10:58 PM
Riffhard Hell you want hypocrisy?!?! Try googeling Gerry Studds-D Mass.

This guy not only tried to seduce young male pages,he actually had sex with one that was only 17 years old! How was treated? He was censured by the Senate. He never resigned,and was then reelcted two times after the censure!

LOL! Selective outrage is a bitch,huh?! Gee,and just 37 days prior to the election! I wonder if that is a coincidence? Ya think?!

Having said that,this Foley fuck should be arrested and carted off to jail.

Riffy
2nd October 2006 11:03 PM
Fiji Joe Charlie Watts is not a pervert...he just looks like one...I know...I met him today
3rd October 2006 01:35 AM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Hell you want hypocrisy?!?! Try googeling Gerry Studds-D Mass.

This guy not only tried to seduce young male pages,he actually had sex with one that was only 17 years old! How was treated? He was censured by the Senate. He never resigned,and was then reelcted two times after the censure!

LOL! Selective outrage is a bitch,huh?! Gee,and just 37 days prior to the election! I wonder if that is a coincidence? Ya think?!

Having said that,this Foley fuck should be arrested and carted off to jail.

Riffy

You need to blame Republicans who knew about this stuff for over a year. IE: Hastert et al. If they had said something right away, then this wouldn't be an election year issue. I like Hastert too, but he kept this stuff in the rep. family, and that's his mistake. He will now catch alot of shit for this too.
Wasn't that studds thing in the 80's or was that another page scandal?
The real tragedy, isn't just the obvious. Bill Walsh was a good friend of this guy, and Foley was in a leadership position for the Missing and exploited Teens caucus. Bill Walsh is a man who took the most horrible of things and made something very positive with is anger and loss.
Any grief foley or the republicans get, is going to be hard to brush away. I know how much you despise clinton. Remember foley was very outspoken and was a big part in going after Bill. Who had an affair with a consenting adult. Foley is a piece of shit, and anyone who may have protected him, is going to look really bad too. Like i said, the shit came out, not just b/c it's near an election, but b/c Republicans may have held back or at least ignored the signs. Either way, this shit could've been last years headlines.
Speaking of headlines, at least for a few days it's keeping Iraq from being the lead story.
Hey, If I was 16, and Nancy Pelosi was rubbing up on me.... LOL!
3rd October 2006 01:37 AM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Charlie Watts is not a pervert...he just looks like one...I know...I met him today

He looks like a pervert and you look like the guy who robbed a 7-11 last week!
Oi-vey!
3rd October 2006 09:03 AM
Ten Thousand Motels JUDGMENT DAY - 2007
3rd October 2006 09:28 AM
glencar That face looks painful!
3rd October 2006 09:31 AM
Zeeta ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

"I ain't got no *behavioral* problems fool"

[Edited by Zeeta]
3rd October 2006 09:34 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
That face looks painful!

That's because she's suffering in identification with the families who's sons were victimized by republican congressmen.
3rd October 2006 09:46 AM
glencar Oh silly me! I thought it looked painful because it had been pulled tightly in 6 different directions.
3rd October 2006 09:52 AM
glencar This oughta be innneresting...

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/10/02/pages-ross/
3rd October 2006 10:14 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
This oughta be innneresting...

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/10/02/pages-ross/

Yes I'm sure the republicans are a bit tiffed that the dems out dirty tricked 'em for once. By accident of course, dirty tricks and smear are a republican forte. Not to worry though....I'm sure Rove has a few "previously unknown" OBL videotapes to pull out of the woodwork before the election.

3rd October 2006 10:20 AM
sirmoonie I wondering why so many congressional pages are former Angola yard pigeons. Thats the real scandal here, and one that the [fill in] Party refuses to address or even admit!
3rd October 2006 10:37 AM
gimmekeef This whole page thing sounds fishy to me...regardless of what side you take.Like its some under ground form of patronage or pay off for inside favors....?..Bet Clinton tried to change it to...Pagettes!
3rd October 2006 10:46 AM
Some Guy This has Dateline NBC written all over it.
3rd October 2006 11:06 AM
Saint Sway the creep was appointed to head a task force to crack down on internet sexual predators

thats fucking priceless

this administration is fucked up beyond words
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)