ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Lour
Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham, NC - October 8, 2005
© 2005 Tom Mendel / The Chronicle with thanks to Montana!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: And about the opening acts? Return to archive
October 7th, 2005 03:17 PM
Jair I'm very interested in Joss Stone. She opened some concert?
Will she? When? Where?

Sorry for the boring question, but I love that girl! She rock!!!

Many thanks!
October 7th, 2005 03:44 PM
Dan She is opening at the Hollywood Bowl.

I really wish I could go to the San Francisco show. I have this feeling Metallica is going to totally blow away the Stones and I want to be there when it happens.
October 7th, 2005 04:16 PM
FPM C10 Traitor!

Is that a stadium show? NOBODY is going to blow the Stones away at a stadium show. I mean, I really wanted to see Beck, and he played really well, and after the Stones I could barely remember that he was there.

I'm sure there'll be a few lunkheads who'll think Metallica "blew the Stones away". You're not one of them, are you? If you measure victory in terms of how many BPM your drummer can get with his double-bass foot pedal, then maybe. I don't myself. I think for people who like that sort of crap, it's going to be a great night of Rock & Roll. But at the end of the night, there's still only going to be ONE World's Greatest Rock & Roll Band. And it ain't gonna be Metallica.

Come ON! Metallica????

I'm sure there'll be people who think Motley Crue rule too. Whatever!

Now accounting for taste!
October 7th, 2005 04:18 PM
Dan
quote:

I'm sure there'll be a few lunkheads who'll think Metallica "blew the Stones away". You're not one of them, are you?

You can hide in the parking and pretend it didn't happen if you like. A few other worried fans told me that's what they were going to do.
October 7th, 2005 04:21 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Dan wrote:

You can hide in the parking and pretend it didn't happen if you like. A few other worried fans told me that's what they were going to do.

To quote my esteemed colleague Glencar: Feh.

Have you SEEN the Stones this tour?

Now, I'm sure Metallica could totally blow away the Black Crowes...

Me, I just think they totally blow. Period.
October 7th, 2005 04:27 PM
Dan
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Have you SEEN the Stones this tour?

I saw the Hartford DVD. The lighting and effects during the intro tape were absolutely stunning. Even more impressive than most of the music that followed.

quote:

Now, I'm sure Metallica could totally blow away the Black Crowes...

They did, Toronto 6/29/90 and Rochester,NY 6/30/90

quote:

Me, I just think they totally blow. Period.

Sort of. Sometimes. They were great in 1988 but I can see them rising to the challenge and kicking it up a notch. Also I bet a longer set and full sound was written into the contract so the scared Stones fans can't just try to talk over them.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)