ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Lour
Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham, NC - October 8, 2005
© 2005 Tom Mendel / The Chronicle with thanks to Montana!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gazza - You should reconsider not seeing stadium shows Return to archive
October 7th, 2005 10:08 AM
Mel Belli Between Monday's arena show and last night's stadium show, I thought the band sounded WAY better outside. Guitars were pinpoint clear. You could actually hear Mick. And, surprisingly, the set list was a lot more interesting, at least to me...
October 7th, 2005 11:14 AM
Gazza I'll do one or two..I'd every intention of seeing them open Wembley (although that may not happen now) and with airfares to Europe being so cheap, I would think its possible I'll see a show there somewhere but (assuming the mix the size of venues around) I'm aiming to keep it to indoor shows as much as possible
October 7th, 2005 11:25 AM
jb Agreed..the 2 Stadium shows I saw were much better than arena....it is an awesome experience!!! Please Gazza, do it for the young people.
October 7th, 2005 11:30 AM
Jumpinjackflash59 Same feeling. After seing them a lot of time in arenas during the Licks Tour (for the first time of my life), i though that nothing could top indoor concerts.
But i was lucky to see them in New York this time, and even if the Garden means something very special to me, i have to say the Giants show was far better, perfect sound, perfect set list, perfect performance.
October 7th, 2005 11:33 AM
jb
quote:
Jumpinjackflash59 wrote:
Same feeling. After seing them a lot of time in arenas during the Licks Tour (for the first time of my life), i though that nothing could top indoor concerts.
But i was lucky to see them in New York this time, and even if the Garden means something very special to me, i have to say the Giants show was far better, perfect sound, perfect set list, perfect performance.

gIANT sTADIUN WAS UNBELIEVABLE.....SOUND THIS TOUR IS GREAT ..THE GUITARS ARE SO LOUD IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT THEY CAN'T PLAY A LICK!!! iT STILL SOUNDS GREAT~!!!
October 7th, 2005 11:38 AM
Gazza I guess theres less appeal in seeing smaller shows this time because basically its a 'greatest hits' show anyway, regardless of the scale of the concert!
October 7th, 2005 11:41 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I guess theres less appeal in seeing smaller shows this time because basically its a 'greatest hits' show anyway, regardless of the scale of the concert!

Absolutely correct sir..as Doug was advised by Lwevell, whgen they played Sway in Columbus the audience was like deers looking into headlights...Mick was disppointed I think,,,no more Sway or obscurities in the near future...
October 7th, 2005 12:38 PM
Factory Girl I think Mick is just being overly sensitive. Can't he get it through his thick head that the hard-core fans (like myself) are bloody bored hearing the same old hard rocks every night! Yep, Bloody Bored!

And, Who cares about the deer in the audience...LOL???
October 7th, 2005 12:41 PM
Monkey Woman With the ticket prices, the fans who can afford several shows in a row may not be very many... Hence the greatest hits?
October 7th, 2005 12:44 PM
jb
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I think Mick is just being overly sensitive. Can't he get it through his thick head that the hard-core fans (like myself) are bloody bored hearing the same old hard rocks every night! Yep, Bloody Bored!

And, Who cares about the deer in the audience...LOL???

Mick is totally different from the old "fuck" you, we will play what we want Mick circa 78. It's big money and they need to sell seats to the pathetic

masses..
\Great meeting you!!!!!!!!!
October 7th, 2005 12:51 PM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT stadiums better then arenas? whoa... i must say DC blew Hershey out of the water and that is my best thing to say considering they were 2 days apart. MSG was its own animal that night...they play sway that night...the top blows off.
October 7th, 2005 12:53 PM
glencar Joshy, you've seen many shows this time around, no?
October 7th, 2005 12:56 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, you've seen many shows this time around, no?

And yet, I have not seen you.....except in photos in shorts!!!
October 7th, 2005 12:56 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, you've seen many shows this time around, no?

The decandent lifestyle of the idle rich.
October 7th, 2005 01:12 PM
Factory Girl The Stones will sell seats regardless of what they play or don't play.

The danger for them this tour-is boring some hard core fans with the Hot Rocks Song selection.

I can't see "any filthy dirty mass production fan" not going to see them b/c they play Sway, or Far Away Eyes, Or Not Fade Away.

The Stones should stop playing it safe.
------------------------------------------------------------

PS. Hey jb, it was a pleasure to meet you & your son. He looks just like you (very handsome). Thanks for the Stolies!!

PSS. JB, I actually could see you in the front row! And, I saw when Lisa Fisher threw you her towel! Great job getting those seats!
October 7th, 2005 01:15 PM
jb Thanks FG!!! Hope we see you on tour again!!!
October 7th, 2005 01:18 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
jb wrote:
Thanks FG!!! Hope we see you on tour again!!!

jb, I promise to play Sway when I tour...lol
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)